Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Davenports Struggle Is It Over?

They say all mighty fall. Has Rumleys stuck up attitude about how they dominated finally caught up to the team? Maybe his foot is stuck in his mouth now that they're consistently running midpack in every Lucas race lately? What do y'all think is going on? Why the slump?

One reason. The cushion isn't winning races right now. Eldora and Knoxville will get slick and have a big cushion and he will find his way towards the front.

There wasn't much of a cushion tonight at Ponderosa, but right before the feature they went out with the big heavy roller and rolled it in, in both turns. Never seen them do that before.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnfan View Post
    There wasn't much of a cushion tonight at Ponderosa, but right before the feature they went out with the big heavy roller and rolled it in, in both turns. Never seen them do that before.
    i like a big cushion all the time they did the same thing at tri city speedway for billy moyer tonight depemds whos racing sometimes?

Quote Originally Posted by Rubbinsracin1 View Post
    They say all mighty fall. Has Rumleys stuck up attitude about how they dominated finally caught up to the team? Maybe his foot is stuck in his mouth now that they're consistently running midpack in every Lucas race lately? What do y'all think is going on? Why the slump?
    This advantage they had was removed. They didn't come up with something new. They are looking for something. The 6 car has not driven well the last several times I have seen it.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Bloomer had them to roll the cushion down.

I think Rumley is trying a little too hard to reinvent the wheel at this point. He's extraordinarily smart, sometimes that's a bit of a curse. He should really go back to basics with the car. Or if it really is true about Rumley designing the XR1, then they should get one of them. I mean, his design of the Longhorn is a few years old now.

It's not Davenport, because he's been da*n near unbeatable in Randy Weaver's stuff.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

riding the cushion is not racing.
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

Quote Originally Posted by pink floyd View Post
    That's what Jackie said at moler.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

If running the cushion wins the race, then it absolutely is racing. This attitude that running the top isn't racing is for idiots and as*holes.

Default Cushion

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    If running the cushion wins the race, then it absolutely is racing. This attitude that running the top isn't racing is for idiots and as*holes.
    That seems to be the Big Debate lately ....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

If you are ahead of all the other cars at the end of the race, you win. That's all that matters. Doesn't matter if you did it from the top or the bottom.

I don't understand why so many retards think winning from the top doesn't count or on the flip side why it's a bad thing to be a "bottom feeder."

pink floyd says "riding the cushion is not racing". Too many drugs over the years, pinkie my man!

Once again, when did we start bashing drivers who run the cushion and win up top?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post

What do you do when there is no cushion , unless you have the talent , or experience
    you run second to you no who. I mean all you Davenport lovers need to find another winner.
    or more excuses.

I say top or bottom if there on the race track they are racing more then I am....

IMO Weavers cars are modified a little than the normal longhorn. Racing is racing dont matter where you run on the track as long as your competitive. Idk what really is going with Rumleys but it sounds like they need to invest in some new equipment..not chassis. Most their problems have been brakes and motors time to replace them with new
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ALLDIRT View Post
    What do you do when there is no cushion , unless you have the talent , or experience
    you run second to you no who. I mean all you Davenport lovers need to find another winner.
    or more excuses.
    I'll use the Firecracker as an example. There was no real cushion. McDowell led most of the race a lane down from the top, because that's where there was the most moisture for the first half of the race. Bloomer and Richards used the top to run him down, then moved around to get by him. Davenport, who is known to use the cushion started dead last and moved all the way up to fifth using the top, middle, and bottom. The reason guys run the top is to keep the momentum up. It isn't some kind of crutch to make a guy faster or anything.

Also, EPJ is known to stay on the bottom, even when it's to his detriment. How come nobody ever calls him out for that?

I would personally rather watch a group of snails race down a drag strip then I would watch an entire race of bottom feeders, banging the cushion IS dirt track racing!

There is no cushion in pavement racing,maybe that is where you need to go watch your racing.