Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdirtfan View Post
    just for get it. He's a dumb@$$. He don't understand local, city, county, state, & u.s. Laws trump sporting event laws. Those laws are king period.
    its done on private property its their rules or sanctions rules if you don't like it hit the highway

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    this is racing not farming and it looks like the state ogf ohio dropped the ball not the track if thats the case
    Im sure ..VEHICLE SCALE.. isn't referring to farming!

Faceplanted on a sidewalk lately?....never mind!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by usac7 View Post
    Jeff, let me offer a simple scale solution for you. Add to your sanctioning agreement with the track that they provide the scales to be used during the competition, and that the scales be inspected, calibrated, and certified by the local governing body.

You don't have the added expense, and if the track is unwilling to pay the couple hundred bucks per season to insure the officiating tools are accurate, do you really want to be in partnership with them?

my only problems with scales has been when they are not consistent. Once we scaled the car with 15 gal of fuel at the shop and weighed 2324. Got to the track warmed the engine and hot lapped, crossed the scales with 13.5 gal and weighed 2305. Too Close for us, added 5 gal of fuel should have added 30 pounds, crossed the scales after qualifying with 17 gal and weighed 2310. Still too close, added our remaining 10 gal of fuel and bolted on a 30 pound piece of lead. After the feature crossed the scale with 15 gal of fuel and car weighed 2375. Got home, and no change and weighed 2356. On this night the scales showed us from 20 pounds under to 20 pounds over what we expected of them. If a teams expectations can't be reasonably close to what the scale reads each time, how can we be expected to be legal every time.

The scales were not consistent nor were they accurate. When I try to do the right thing, but some machine outside my control calls me wrong when we are not, that is not fair.

Now for the tires. I have heard a couple things that seem minor but could be big in a court of law.
    First the tire samples were missing a chemical from the tested compound.
    Second someone noted that a few years back, Mike Reece bought a truckload of LM tires. This is significant because his cars usually run the Lucas Oil series so they don't use the UMP LM tires all that often. The drivers could have been using older LM tires. During the appeal process all we heard was the tires did not match the current sample on file at the lab. What about a control sample from a tire manufactured a couple years ago? Have these "Failed" tires been compared with a prior year control sample? Has Hoosier made ANY changes to the formula of chemicals, materials, production process or machines in the past couple years?

This could be as innocent as Hoosier adding a release agent sprayed into the molds that allows them to pull the tire out of the mold at a 20 degree higher temp enabling them to make tires faster than they did a couple years ago. The so called missing chemical could have absolutely nothing to do with the performance of the tire, yet if you were using an old tire, you are illegal.

The one thing that struck me during everyone arguing about the legal process and whether this law suit is good or bad is one thought. No contract, or rule, or even law can be imposed on a person if it interferes with a person's constitutional rights. And the one right a person has that applies in this is the one guaranteeing a person a right to due process. Did UMP/WRG allow the drivers proper and full due process? Another right is the right for a person to face and question their accusers. In the tire case, the control sample their tires were compared against was provided by Hoosier. Have the drivers had ample opportunity to question Hoosier?
    And the tin foil hat club just keeps on growing.......thank you sir, may I have another great post like this?

Careful though, they will all start mean mouthing you if you keep it up.......you've been warned.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Aluminium Block View Post
    Drivers like Bloomquist are what has ruined the sport. Drivers making a living off this sport has driven the costs up to where Late Models aren't viable at weekly tracks. Drivers like him continue to push costs up by trying to use ultra-expense equipment so they will be superior (like the Penske shocks etc.) This particular driver is known to push the limit, and has been caught illegal before. He was caught again, and now wants to win a multi-million lawsuit over it? This is a typical, American white-trash-try-to-get-rich-quick lawsuit.
    Yep,sounds about right,lol

Quote Originally Posted by slmcrewchief99 View Post
    i have a question. I've already given my 2 cents on the "tire gate" issue and stand with that. I don't agree 1 bit with the scale issue either. Simply because every car went across those scales and bloomer is the only car with issues. And before anyone chimes in. Say what you want but i guarantee every car there went across those scale at some point.my question is, and i may remember it wrong but i am pretty sure that bloomer changed engines for that saturday. This could possibly be where the problem is on being light. Say what you want but every engine will weigh different. We have 2 432's and 1 417. They all weigh different. 1 of the 432"s has a set of billet heads. D*mn things are very heavy. When we run that engine, we can take 40lbs of lead off the car. It's very easy to have an engine that's 20 to 25lbs different from another. So if by chance he changed engines and never crossed the scales, this could be the very reason why he was light. I'm not arguing the legality of the scales being certified or not. That is beside the point. I'm just saying this is what i am remembering about the situation and what could be the reason he was light.
    exact same thing happened to babb , babb also lost a race macon i do beleive he hopped in some elses car who weight alot more than shannon went across the scales yep didn't make weight

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Haven't read the last 17 pages of B.S. Should Willie Millikens group have gotten in on this or did they just throw up the white flag and admit guilt?

And I don't believe this is a try to get rich quick white trash scheme.
    They certainly didn't admit guilt............nor should they.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    Nice to see a few people on here with some common sense. This is another great post. Local, City, County, State, & U.S. laws will always TRUMP sporting event laws. The way I see it so far since the Tire Gate scandal happened is his legal due process rights (U.S. LAW) where never granted if he chose to question what happen. It's not that far fetched to understand why he might have brought this to the courts. Some folks like OLD FAN need to understand laws better before they speak.
    There are a lot more on this site other than old fan that need to take a few refresher classes.........

Quote Originally Posted by klemmabyna View Post
    been an entertaining 17 pages of discussion. credit given for civility and opinions. but...

final result: out of court settlement. no details released.

see: Jason Side v. WoO/WRG
    Yup........that's the shame of it all.

They were given how many chances hoosierdirt bag they went thru theie appeals what more do they need if i was roger slack , or wrg tony stewart i would say you 5 are banned racing any such races ever again not because of bloomer just the bullchit they are causing

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    Theres 5 litigants here, but I don't see you or others on here, criticizing the other 4.......EXPLAIN....!
    Two words........

RENT FREE

http://www.lawyers.com/troy/new-york...-Jr-2963941-f/ CHECK THEIR LAWYERS OUT THIS GUY HAS NO PARTNERS KINDA LARGE CASE FOR JUST ONE LAWYER DON'T YOU THINK

its done on private property its their rules or sanctions rules if you don't like it hit the highway
    Everywhere I buy gas is on private property.......every grocer I go to is on private property.....every time I buy bulk anything it's generally on private property.

You know what else is on all those private properties..........pumps and scales that have been checked and certified by someone from the state the business operates in.

So according to your theory on my private property I can make tankers of moonshine, grow acres of hippy hay, pimp out a harem of hussies, and make thermal nuclear devices because the rules I made for my "private property" trump all local, state, and federal laws??

http://www.lawyers.com/troy/new-york...-Jr-2963941-f/ CHECK THEIR LAWYERS OUT THIS GUY HAS NO PARTNERS KINDA LARGE CASE FOR JUST ONE LAWYER DON'T YOU THINK
    It may be big in the dirt racing world...........it's small potatoes in the real world.

I'm sure both sides will have the best that they think they can find.

Quote Originally Posted by ClampedUp View Post
    So according to your theory on my private property I can make tankers of moonshine, grow acres of hippy hay, pimp out a harem of hussies, and make thermal nuclear devices because the rules I made for my "private property" trump all local, state, and federal laws??
    Humor him........it was a nasty fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Everywhere I buy gas is on private property.......every grocer I go to is on private property.....every time I buy bulk anything it's generally on private property.

You know what else is on all those private properties..........pumps and scales that have been checked and certified by someone from the state the business operates in.
    (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)in Democrats

Now what would WoO/WRG want to frame Old Bloomer Puss?
    The way these guys on here talk,he is Late Model Racing,without him racing is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post

There ya go with that common sense again!

I think all of of's leaked out on a St Louey sidewalk into one of those infamous cracks!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

and some fans and racers need to read the rule book or like eas said on dirtondirt sanctions won't have rules wide open racing sounds great don't it try it you won't like it that why the orginal ump was formed