Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    this race program will be run under Eldora Speedway (Eldora) rules, and in signing an Official Entry Form (OEF) or taking part in any of the events described in this OEF, all competitors acknowledge that they have received, read and understand all of the rules and regulations associated with the event, and hereby agree to abide by all official Eldora decisions and regulations. Any deviation of these rules and regulations may result in fines or penalties including disqualification from the event.
    But eldora is a buisiness cause it has a buisiness license therefore they have to run the buisiness by state laws they know that scales had to be certified if davenport wouldve came up lite rumleys would be going same direction with lawyers if eldora put a stop to cigarettes in stands and in lines then they know they have to go by state laws guess the scales somehow slipped there minds and you keep saying its private property if thats the case maybe the a.t.f. should be notified about all the underage drinking on that private property
    Last edited by bleedsbluer2; 08-30-2016 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slmcrewchief99 View Post
    I have a question. I've already given my 2 cents on the "tire gate" issue and stand with that. I don't agree 1 bit with the scale issue either. Simply because EVERY car went across those scales and Bloomer is the only car with issues. And before anyone chimes in. Say what you want but I guarantee EVERY car there went across those scale at some point.My question is, and I may remember it wrong but I am pretty sure that Bloomer changed engines for that Saturday. This could possibly be where the problem is on being light. Say what you want but every engine will weigh different. We have 2 432's and 1 417. They all weigh different. 1 of the 432"s has a set of Billet heads. D*mn things are VERY heavy. When we run that engine, we can take 40lbs of lead off the car. It's very easy to have an engine that's 20 to 25lbs different from another. So if by chance he changed engines and never crossed the scales, this could be the very reason why he was light. I'm not arguing the legality of the scales being certified or not. That is beside the point. I'm just saying this is what I am remembering about the situation and what could be the reason he was light.
    Where do you people come up with this sh!t? It was the same engine all weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedsbluer2 View Post
    But eldora is a buisiness cause it has a buisiness license therefore they have to run the buisiness by state laws they know that scales had to be certified if davenport wouldve came up lite rumleys would be going same direction with lawyers if eldora put a stop to cigarettes in stands and in lines then they know they have to go by state laws guess the scales somehow slipped there minds and you keep saying its private property if thats the case maybe the a.t.f. should be notified about all the underage drinking on that private property
    Didn't they have to comply to state law a few yrs back about bringing your own alcohol on to track property?

Well they weigh them after the heat races and b mains so he had to weigh correct after heat races everybody else weighed correct if the scales are this far off wouldn't you think a couple of others would be lite.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    I think you are Right ... Its a 2 way street .. If you say you must do as they say.. They are saying the same thing..Dont tell me I have too if you dont do the same....Its like dont tell he too count to 15 if you cant prove I cant...too menny maybes .. if you cant prove I am lite then I am not ...One way they can fix this 2 sets of scales have 3200 pound roller too test the scales be for each race..Pre test all cars out of gas must be over 3200 pounds...Be for they Q
    these are not street stocks its 2300 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Didn't they have to comply to state law a few yrs back about bringing your own alcohol on to track property?
    yes you can't bring alcohol on the premises with gambling and 50/50 is gambling

Nobody ever answered my question from 4 pages back. Did yall ignore it just for kicks or because it was true.

Bleedsbluer2 I could be wrong but after every car times in, they cross the scales. I will use the Mag at Columbus Ms as an example. The State Series just ran Saturday there. Qualified in pairs and as EACH car exits the track, the go straight to the scales. If you don't weigh, you don't get a time.

I am still in belief that Bloomer changed engines Saturday. Was already in the show for Saturday. Thought he had no reason to scale but his engine change caused him to be light. Went across after the feature and that's when it came apparent to himself and everyone else that he was too light.
    I'll jump in and say that your theory is absolutely plausible and could very easily be the case.........

The only issue is, that the scales that he and everybody rolled across were off and had not been inspected to be accurate.........and that's the door they will walk right through.

All goes back to what I have been saying from the very very beginning..........if you are going to publicly call someone out and label them as a cheater in their profession , you better be 100 % sure and have the good processes in place to back up your claim.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by bleedsbluer2 View Post
    then you r buddy bloomers scales should be certified also its a simple operation when you unload the car head to the scales and adjust it can't be any simplier than that

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    It is as simple as that.
    Rules mean nothing if they are written poorly and don't work for the people following them.........it's far from simple or we wouldn't be talking about it still.

coming up lite is not cheating its a miscalculation juicing the tires that something else all together

it say track scales prevail 2300 lbs no fuel burn off or anything 2300 lbs if its 2299 you are done

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    I've deleted my posts in this thread -- the discussion got off topic and became an argument for page after page which is what I've been trying to avoid on here since a few incidents last year. I have a few questions and some thoughts:

1. ) Does OH specifically require all race tracks to have their scales certified? Or is it lawyer talk (as technically a race can be considered a commercial transaction). If it isn't spelled out directly and made clear that all tracks must have their scales certified then I would be willing to bet the vast majority of them don't get them certified.

2. ) As a lawyer, and a race fan do you consider these lawsuits to be good for racing? I can't imagine them being good for anyone (other than maybe the select few drivers with rich owners who have the means to absorb all the additional costs that will occur when tracks need to hire lawyers to look over every press release, rule book and entry form)

My issue isn't even necessarily with the scales, our rules are easy enough for most cars to meet that someone would have to make a really big mistake to be illegal. My concern is with the lawsuits and the continued mindset here that I've been wronged so I'll sue over it. It will certainly make me think twice about DQing for anything. Did I write my rule book perfectly and have it reviewed by a lawyer to make sure the deck width rule can't possibly be interpreted any other way because of word meanings defined by law, etc? Same for entry forms, track agreements, and more. It is hard enough as a very small series to even save up enough throughout the year to pay for web hosting, let alone to hire a lawyer to look over everything. I'm not saying anybody is wrong, I'm just saying that the racing many people enjoy isn't going to be able to exist if we have to pay out a ton of money to hire a lawyer to check everything.

That is my biggest concern about everything, it is just going to show more drivers that there is this avenue as a way around tech or whatever other rules. If they win people will follow in their footsteps and as Kelley said on DoD today there could be a time very soon when we have to find something to fill the void left by racing. Once we start seeing lawsuits thrown all over the place people like myself, and other track promoters are just going to shut out doors and close up shop. I am not a lawyer, and in the past that wasn't a requirement of being involved in race promotion. But I guess it is now, and like engineers getting involved in DLM chassis design it is bad for the sport and will certainly be counted among the contributors to its death when we are all sitting around in 10 years wondering what happened.

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    You deleted your posts because they were hemorraging all over the site from all the holes being shot in them......who are you trying to kid.

Nothing off topic, but nice deflection attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    I've deleted my posts in this thread -- the discussion got off topic and became an argument for page after page which is what I've been trying to avoid on here since a few incidents last year. I have a few questions and some thoughts:1. ) Does OH specifically require all race tracks to have their scales certified? Or is it lawyer talk (as technically a race can be considered a commercial transaction). If it isn't spelled out directly and made clear that all tracks must have their scales certified then I would be willing to bet the vast majority of them don't get them certified. 2. ) As a lawyer, and a race fan do you consider these lawsuits to be good for racing? I can't imagine them being good for anyone (other than maybe the select few drivers with rich owners who have the means to absorb all the additional costs that will occur when tracks need to hire lawyers to look over every press release, rule book and entry form)My issue isn't even necessarily with the scales, our rules are easy enough for most cars to meet that someone would have to make a really big mistake to be illegal. My concern is with the lawsuits and the continued mindset here that I've been wronged so I'll sue over it. It will certainly make me think twice about DQing for anything. Did I write my rule book perfectly and have it reviewed by a lawyer to make sure the deck width rule can't possibly be interpreted any other way because of word meanings defined by law, etc? Same for entry forms, track agreements, and more. It is hard enough as a very small series to even save up enough throughout the year to pay for web hosting, let alone to hire a lawyer to look over everything. I'm not saying anybody is wrong, I'm just saying that the racing many people enjoy isn't going to be able to exist if we have to pay out a ton of money to hire a lawyer to check everything. That is my biggest concern about everything, it is just going to show more drivers that there is this avenue as a way around tech or whatever other rules. If they win people will follow in their footsteps and as Kelley said on DoD today there could be a time very soon when we have to find something to fill the void left by racing. Once we start seeing lawsuits thrown all over the place people like myself, and other track promoters are just going to shut out doors and close up shop. I am not a lawyer, and in the past that wasn't a requirement of being involved in race promotion. But I guess it is now, and like engineers getting involved in DLM chassis design it is bad for the sport and will certainly be counted among the contributors to its death when we are all sitting around in 10 years wondering what happened.Thanks,Jeff.
    For fukks sake, just stop!!!!!!!!!!!! You have four people trying to help you and you haven't listened to a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) word of it.

Doesn't Bloomer actually have to prove that his car did way 2300 pounds, where's that.

Yep sure does AT THE TIME OF THE EVENT

It really doesn't make a difference what the courts find on the weight suit now, as far as reputation goes. Until the law suit, it was a mistake, that happened, like a weight fell off or more fuel was burned than expected. Now that the law suit came up, It turned that mistake into a cheat. The scales where weighing light, so Scott decided to cheat everyone that followed the rules out of that weight handicap.

As far as the tire doping, It's clear 5 tests didn't come back the same as the 32 others that where collected that night. If the driver didn't know what he had, his crew must have kept him in the dark. By opening this court case, any I didn't know stories, changed to a cheat the other race team story. They all fell to the bottom in the reputation pool now and I would have given those that this was a first time offense the benefit of the doubt. Now there are two outcomes. One, they cheated and got away with it or two, they cheated, got caught and cried like a baby about it.

The whole sprint car world, turned on Wolfgang for his law suit to get his medical expenses paid and he needed that badly. How many fans are these guys going to have after this? At least these guys are not in a coma and power of atty filed the suit. They will deserve the hard feelings.

hey Jeff, dont let all this bullsh!t scare you off, ive been around dirt racing a long time and can count on one hand the ACTUAL law suits concerning something like this , years ago when a track down here changed the rules during a race and DQed me, i actually thought about legal action , and had every right to, but in the end, wasn't worth it, it worked out though, there just a shadow now of what they were then. I know we have had a few disagreements in the past, but the truth is, racing needs deals like yours, so hang in there...........

Nobody ever answered my question from 4 pages back. Did yall ignore it just for kicks or because it was true.

Bleedsbluer2 I could be wrong but after every car times in, they cross the scales. I will use the Mag at Columbus Ms as an example. The State Series just ran Saturday there. Qualified in pairs and as EACH car exits the track, the go straight to the scales. If you don't weigh, you don't get a time.

I am still in belief that Bloomer changed engines Saturday. Was already in the show for Saturday. Thought he had no reason to scale but his engine change caused him to be light. Went across after the feature and that's when it came apparent to himself and everyone else that he was too light.
    Notice how he's never had a problem collecting the "CHECKS" from the uncertified scales.

Quote Originally Posted by D. Tidrow View Post
    For fukks sake, just stop!!!!!!!!!!!! You have four people trying to help you and you haven't listened to a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) word of it.
    You can hit the exclamation point button all you want but it still does not change the fact that I honestly give zero f***s what you want me to do. If you don't like my posts I can be PM you a guide on how to block someone. I've used that feature before myself.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    You deleted your posts because they were hemorraging all over the site from all the holes being shot in them......who are you trying to kid.

Nothing off topic, but nice deflection attempt.
    I deleted my posts at the advice of someone else for no reason other than that I continually referenced my affiliation with a series and some of my posts were less than pleasant toward you or others and don't want that affiliation made at least not in the same posts. From the beginning I said I wasn't going to stop being a fan of racing and that includes posting on here, but I'm going to try not to mention the series in posts that are talking about other stuff. I'm never going to be like Kelley Carlton or other series promoters who get on here to just promote their series and answer questions and that it, they do it the right way but I can't help myself so I just need to keep things separate as much as possible.

Thanks,
    Jeff.