Default Question about Dixie/Rome

Is it worth a 300 mile drive for both races on Labor Day weekend ??? Thinking about driving over if it's usually a good 2 night show.

Thinking the same here in VA. Just not sure what type go racing to expect along with car counts for both nights.

You can probably count on good car count an good racing at Rome.Dixe you never know about car count but it has been pretty good lately,racing same way but Rome alone would worth the trip .imo

If I was going to drive 300 miles to Dixie/Rome, I'd wait till the Dixie shootout weekend in October... That's about the only time I go to Dixie and I'm less than 50 miles away. Rome is a killer track, I try to go several times a year... worth a 300 mile drive for a pair of $3k to win and a 525 series show? Not so sure.

Sunday's show at Rome is 100 laps, $5K to win. Senoia is off all weekend, which will help the Dixie and Rome car counts.

Rome $5k to win is for the 525 late models. Supers are $3k to win.

Rome alone will be worth the drive.

Another question about Rome for some of y'all that goes regular. The $2 off admission with a Coca Cola bottle top is that a plastic bottle top or the metal caps off the glass bottles ?

Quote Originally Posted by One Man Gang View Post
    Another question about Rome for some of y'all that goes regular. The $2 off admission with a Coca Cola bottle top is that a plastic bottle top or the metal caps off the glass bottles ?
    I'm almost positive it's plastic!! Does anybody know where it's posted it's 100 lapper at Rome. I have never seen 100 lapper there. Lucas only run 50 and ray cooks are always 53. I have run 25 a bunch there I couldn't imagine 100.

Quote Originally Posted by GRT24 View Post
    I'm almost positive it's plastic!! Does anybody know where it's posted it's 100 lapper at Rome. I have never seen 100 lapper there. Lucas only run 50 and ray cooks are always 53. I have run 25 a bunch there I couldn't imagine 100.
    Tried uploading pic from their FaceBook page but couldn't get it to work. Anyways it says it there. Also had it listed in remaining schedule they were handing out at Dixie this past Saturday night. The announcer also announced several times that it would be a 100 laps.
    Last edited by weatherman85; 08-30-2016 at 09:50 AM.

If I'm reading it correct the Sunday race at Rome is SLM for 40 laps for $3K and the 525's running 100 laps for $5K. Saturday at Dixie is regular show with SLM paying $2K and the 525's running a 30 lapper for $2K plus a demo derby as well. Looking to make my first trip to both tracks hoping it'll be worth the drive.

Dixie used to be my favorite track. Shoot I even live 15 minutes from the track, but if it's not Lucas Oil or Ray Cook's series I rarely go anymore. Like mentioned, Rome is worth the trip. The speeds there are amazing. Best racing I've seen in GA is probably Senoia since they added the Gumbo.

Hey does either track have a curfew ??

Quote Originally Posted by One Man Gang View Post
    Hey does either track have a curfew ??
    Dixie does. I believe it's 11:30. Rome does not. Rome has on the best views from the grandstands. You can see for miles and miles.

Anybody know what drivers will be there