Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Jackie din do nuffin!

Default Great deal

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Bridge in Arizona. $10k. Great deal.
    Our Main bridge crossing the Ohio river is in need of replacement ..... We just might be interested in a good deal .... Rather or not the garage in grayson is the answer its going to come out sooner or later whats up ....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    Yep I have gone and got 2 tires both 40 mounted them on rims the same size...pump them up to 40 pounds . Say one of them is 94in and the other one is 98in.. How can 2 tire be the same and be SO far a part...So i check the numbers on the side . And they are from the same batch same Machine ...Something is wrong....
    A 98" tire, huh?

Default Nuffin

Quote Originally Posted by 71PRPFan View Post
    Jackie din do nuffin!
    I hope your right .... I know boggs has a large fan base ... Ive heard alot of good things about him also .... The problem is in the middle of the tire thing he gets called out for the same issue ....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Cooking the tires makes alot of sense from a practical stand point.I don't like to run brand new tires.I prefer to run a hot lap session on them first.If you are a professional team with a crew and big hauler it would be a huge under taking to go scuff tires and all most impossible to scuff during a race weekend.Cooking a tire to season it would make sense from a time and money stand point.

The big question is, if you can cook them to make a longer lasting tire or a better preforming tire, why should it be illegal? Everyone could do it. It doesn't cost much. It don't seem like your going to catch cancer from it. Why have rles that make uneven playing fields? If only the cheaters can cheat, then only the honest guy is wronged. If you can't catch them all, you shouldn't make the rule.

mounting, grooving, siping, and balancing an additional $20. Whats the option for doping?? is it an additional $20? I'm sure if you don't have that 4b car then that option is not on the menu board.
    Face it folks he did it and the only people that care is the 4m crowd. I could almost guarantee that his next race at PRP or 201 there's not gonna be any additional or more harsh tech toward the 4b. This stuff means nothing at a regional or local level, it just tells the locals that the reason they're a half second off every week is because they're going against dope and that its OK to do it. If you dope and he's still faster its because you didn't call the right guy.
    Local tracks don't have the money to test tires that's why he makes his living on $5,000 shows. All local tracks are concerned about it having Jackie promise to show, brag about it on radio or whatever advertising they choose, and make sure they pack enough in there to sell more hot dogs.
    But there is a conspiracy though. WRG busts anyone who outruns the 1 car (willie Milliken for example) Lucas Oil busts anyone local who busts the pros NDRL busted Jimmy Owens a few years ago at I-55. They all do it but some guys only run sanctioned races to either make sure they don't get beat by someone(local) who is cheating tires or they run sanctioned races to make sure they have tire testing immunity. It will go down in history in being the most denied thing ever but just like Clinton denying the Monica thing it will never come out and never be admitted by a racer until the media puts enough pressure on them to squeal (which will never happen). Racers are like politicians they will never tell the truth.
    These labs get paid to test tires and tell the truth (why would they be biased?) I'm sure the folks at the lab have never heard of Bloomquist or Boggs or who ever and I'm sure they don't care.
    Maybe all tracks should go NASCAR sanctioned that way we can buy used tires and the track and be done with it. Until then there is no end in sight and people will still be making dope at home and making money and not paying taxes on it and not offering MSDS sheets on it.
    Boggs will never lose fans for cheating tires just like bloomer never did and just like Jimmy Owens never did. The only way he will lose fan base is if he starts to suck it up and run last everywhere he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    The big question is, if you can cook them to make a longer lasting tire or a better preforming tire, why should it be illegal? Everyone could do it. It doesn't cost much. It don't seem like your going to catch cancer from it. Why have rles that make uneven playing fields? If only the cheaters can cheat, then only the honest guy is wronged. If you can't catch them all, you shouldn't make the rule.
    If the deal is chemical alteration and the chemical makeup is altered, it is illegal. In all honesty, I think they should quit with the tires and make guys actually run legal bodies and other things they can easily check in the pits.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Great post King1, if a sanctioning body isn't trying to fix the problem of tire doping then they are part of the problem

I think we may look back at the 2010-2015 seasons like baseball fans look at the seasons that had the rediculous home run numbers, when guys that had been career .200 hitters w/ 15 home runs, started hitting 45 homers. Everybody was doping.

It's easy to say, if they don't meet the benchmark, they are illegal, but if you can't enforce the rule, it's not much of a rule and only penalizes the honest competitor. Why have it at all and penalize no one. The best thing would be to make a easily enforceable rule that penalizes no one. As it is right now, these rules make cheating tires, much more effective. If yo are getting beat by a doped tire, that isn't going to get caught, do you cheat a little bit, cheat as much as they do or just run 5th threw 10th.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosis View Post
    A 98" tire, huh?
    its been a wile that I have put a tape on a tire so I just tossed numbers out there. they were 4in apart..been 5 years last time i put a tape on one.... Dont remember what it was ..may have been 78 and 82 Or it may have been 65 and 69... dont recall just that they were 4in apart...Give me a brake was just trying too make a point...

What I find so funny is a few drivers/ crew chief type guys who absolutely know what is going have pretty much spelled it out for you in this thread. Yet still the same group of posters who go round and round every day on here continue to debate and quibble back and forth like school children.

Hell I just took it for granted that everyone knew this crap was going on and has been for a long time. Guess I was wrong.

Bias ply tires are always all over the place like that. Doesn't have anything to do with the chemical make up. Remember when NASCAR ran bias ply tires and not radials they had tires that were all over the place in sizes as well. Thats where they were always looking for the best matching sets. The racing was much better then as well cause you never knew who would be faster after a round of pit stops.

Quote Originally Posted by Racer63 View Post
    Bias ply tires are always all over the place like that. Doesn't have anything to do with the chemical make up. Remember when NASCAR ran bias ply tires and not radials they had tires that were all over the place in sizes as well. Thats where they were always looking for the best matching sets. The racing was much better then as well cause you never knew who would be faster after a round of pit stops.
    Dirt tire are Radials now too right...

Quote Originally Posted by Crashmagnet View Post
    I think we may look back at the 2010-2015 seasons like baseball fans look at the seasons that had the rediculous home run numbers, when guys that had been career .200 hitters w/ 15 home runs, started hitting 45 homers. Everybody was doping.
    It has always been happening. It is just that recently people have made an issue of it.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

No they are not.

Steal studded for more grip.

Quote Originally Posted by plunks7 View Post
    Steal studded for more grip.
    Cant run them in ILL ...Studs are a go too jail here.. Can only run Chains here LOL

Cant run them in ILL ...Studs are a go too jail here.. Can only run Chains here LOL
    You mean wrist bracelets. LOL