Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Another track closing.

Tonight will be final night of racing at PIR under the promotion of the Mason Family. Unless someone steps up next year, it just might be the final night period. So sad.

How sad another track closing I know of at least 6 tracks that have closed in the last three years 1.Doniphan.mo2. NEA/north east Arkansas3 poplar bluff mo 4.Malden mo 5 Benton mo.6 klms calvert city kentucky 7 pir paducah kentucky
    I am what I am

Quote Originally Posted by rickybrown1952 View Post
    How sad another track closing I know of at least 6 tracks that have closed in the last three years 1.Doniphan.mo2. NEA/north east Arkansas3 poplar bluff mo 4.Malden mo 5 Benton mo.6 klms calvert city kentucky 7 pir paducah kentucky
    How many of them were any good, or weren't taken for imminent domain? I know KLMS was for imminent domain, and PIR, has had some issues the last couple years at least.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

simply not many cars in that region , and you forgot about fredricktown which closed a few years ago also

Thought that was a Tony Stewart track?

Quote Originally Posted by K1ngCat View Post
    Thought that was a Tony Stewart track?
    and dale jr and Schrader????
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    and dale jr and Schrader????
    Think I heard, Jr sold his part,could be wrong

I thought so because he's put everything in to JR Motorsports and he owns a couple restaurants but I looked it up and it still says he is part ownership and he's part owner in building a racing complex in Alabama also?

Someone posted on stl that at the drivers meeting last night that Sargent is saying that it's a good possible that someone will be promoting pir next yr and the people that was operating KLMS are interested
    I am what I am

pir is not going to close,the masons just are not going to lease it next year,the track has some definite problems as far as drainage but it could be fixed(they rain out alot because of it) but it will take some money
    Last edited by grt74; 09-17-2016 at 05:08 PM.

Someone posted on stl that at the drivers meeting last night that Sargent is saying that it's a good possible that someone will be promoting pir next yr and the people that was operating KLMS are interested
    The first 1/2 of you're post is promising. The last part, not so much.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    I thought so because he's put everything in to JR Motorsports and he owns a couple restaurants but I looked it up and it still says he is part ownership and he's part owner in building a racing complex in Alabama also?
    I think that deal in ala is on hold or something. Not quite sure whats happing there.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Just reporting the facts Highside but I do agree with you on the not so much oh well we'll see what happens
    I am what I am

Just reporting the facts Highside but I do agree with you on the not so much oh well we'll see what happens
    I do believe the guys that bought kLms new that they could possibly lose it to the state and profit from it. But on the other hand they were doing a hell of a job with the place and paying dang good money. Alternating between mod, crates, Supers, and even street stocks. Paying 2500 to 4000 every week. Heck of a lot more than you can say for about 95 percent of tracks in operation.

But klms got no cars

[QUOTE=old fan;2045799]But klms got no cars[
    Don't matter what you pay if you don't prep the track properly. A rough, dusty,one lane choo choo train won't bring in a lot of cars or fans. You need people in place that know what they are doing when owning or promoting a track.Your help can make or break you.Klms did not have that. I have attended PIR many,many times. If prepped right can be one of the best tracks around.If not the racing is terrible. Good luck to whoever gets PIR.

[QUOTE=racingumpire;2045895]
    Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    But klms got no cars[
    Don't matter what you pay if you don't prep the track properly. A rough, dusty,one lane choo choo train won't bring in a lot of cars or fans. You need people in place that know what they are doing when owning or promoting a track.Your help can make or break you.Klms did not have that. I have attended PIR many,many times. If prepped right can be one of the best tracks around.If not the racing is terrible. Good luck to whoever gets PIR.
    Never understood KLMS. An amazing, beautiful place, but terrible track prep, and at least one owner got off on the wrong foot with the locals.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

The most potential as far as surface goes is Paducah. If they do decide to give it a go maybe they could bring in a couple big shows a year, that would be an improvement over this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    That's for sure.

I emailed Bob Sargent, and he said that he is working on having someone run the track. Nothing definite as of now. Fingers crossed!!!