Default Hillbilly 100 car count

I'm thinking around 40ish late models today for the Hillbilly. More or less?

Prob around 35

They ended up with 44 cars. I guess that is ok but what do you think the Hillbilly should do to improve it. I remember going to Pennsboro when the Hillbilly was considered one of the top races in the country and pulled 100 cars or more. I know moving the race to other tracks hurt some of the prestige but here in the MD/PA/VA/DE area, a lot of our drivers always went out and ran the Hillbilly. Now, no one does. Does the overall purse need to increase (currently 25k to win,1k to start)? Is Tyler the right size and type of track that drivers want to go run at? Is sanctioning helping or hurting? What if Lucas and WOO tried to co-promote the race? Curious to hear your thoughts...
    Last edited by ironboss; 09-06-2016 at 03:38 PM.

The hillbilly had car counts in the 80's through out the the 2000's at Tyler. Tyler County isn't the issue, too many races now a days on the same date. I also think the car count would sky rocket if the race went unsanctioned.

All the car counts would go up if they wasn't sanctioned

They need seating bad. They charged 50$ for a pit pass and 35$ GA. That's a little high in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    They need seating bad. They charged 50$ for a pit pass and 35$ GA. That's a little high in my opinion
    I have been to Lucas shows that paid 10,000 to win and paid $32, and $30 dollars GA at the gate. I have no problem with paying $35 for a $25,000 to win one day show.

The Lucas boys was spot on with timing. I was really surprised to get outa there so early. Saturday night was another story zzzzzz but I tell you that crate race was a darn good one. Track locked down and the tire game really played a factor. I forget the guy's name but he put on a show from 15th to second and nearly made the pass on last lap. Saturday the track had bite from bottom to top and Sunday was one grooved. Racing 3 days straight really did a number on the surface. If the Lucas boys could have had the Saturday night surface man ole man. We would have got to see a good one

The Lucas boys was spot on with timing. I was really surprised to get outa there so early. Saturday night was another story zzzzzz but I tell you that crate race was a darn good one. Track locked down and the tire game really played a factor. I forget the guy's name but he put on a show from 15th to second and nearly made the pass on last lap. Saturday the track had bite from bottom to top and Sunday was one grooved. Racing 3 days straight really did a number on the surface. If the Lucas boys could have had the Saturday night surface man ole man. We would have got to see a good one
    They barely touched the track on Sunday. The 3rd day of racing game always requires the most work but they did very little. It was the most disappointing race I've ever seen at Tyler. All they had to do was water the top before the feature but for some reason once the water truck is parked it doesn't move the rest of the evening.

Gearhead I agree. Only problem is that once a track is sealed in, watering it would be nearly impossible.

Gearhead I agree. Only problem is that once a track is sealed in, watering it would be nearly impossible.
    There was a nice layer of loose dirt that was perfect for watering on the high side before the feature. Florence used to water the high side before the N/S well after it had rubbered up and it still added some bite. It can be done.

Always disappointed in the facility. Throw in one groove racing that has been the norm for the WOO and Lucas shows this year and this is far from a memorable race weekend. Seeing a multitude of friends has been Tyler's only saving grace this year. I think the fair board should use some of their profits to upgrade the antiquated seating instead of erecting another building for fair use.

Tyler Co. for The Hillbilly 100. Sitting high in 4 and couldn't see the cars in 1 most of the night. Dirtiest late model show I've ever been to. Still trying to get the dirt out of my dually's seats. Lots of fun people though. Some of the best drunks ever!!! Helluva crowd!!!