Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SAS announcer

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    If you really want to know about mistakes, you should ask your parents.
    Ok, you know I goof on you about that same boomhower effect you have on the English language......but dang litey, that was funny as hell.

Complete with punctuation and all........you hire a ghostwriter?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Did I just get burned by a smooth yet perfectly delivered one liner by the old fan?? Nice work old fan. You actually made me laugh on that comeback. That's what I'm talking about dog. Bring the fire lol

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    Essex is a trip. He was talking about Christian Mccafrry from Stanford being a fast white boy. He said white lives matter too. I about fell off the couch
    I thought I heard that too on the eldora broadcast....

Yeah, Essex is that dam good......love his call.

I like the sas announcer, but don't get to hear him much .....listening to you guys,maybe that's why I like him?

Kidding, I hear him enough and like his excitement ........good announcers evolve, I'm sure Dewayne appreciates the constructive feedback.

Essex is the king of the one liners. No doubt. He is ahead of the rest because he knows the game. He knows all the drivers on a personal level and he is up to date with the gossip in the pits. Lucas defiantly has the right man for the job

Did I just get burned by a smooth yet perfectly delivered one liner by the old fan?? Nice work old fan. You actually made me laugh on that comeback. That's what I'm talking about dog. Bring the fire lol
    Totally off topic sorta, but on the bringing the fire subject......

A buddy of mine sent me a link to a guy that ate 3 Carolina reapers and chased it down with a 750ml of ice cold fireball.

It was painfully funny to watch , I think, sort of........mostly for the commentary.

I had a Mom and Dad complain to the track owner that I was picking on their kid when I told the crowd the driver's car numbers were assigned according to their IQ test.... he was car #0...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    I had a Mom and Dad complain to the track owner that I was picking on their kid when I told the crowd the driver's car numbers were assigned according to their IQ test.... he was car #0...
    They were Kind of right, If he was at 0 he be dead he have to be at least 1 TO BE A LIVE..Or he be Brain dead... LOL

I have to mute it cause that guy has no clue about racing.

Mee, you called it. He doesn't know enough about the sport. Essex is in a world of his own when it comes to calling races live!

Quote Originally Posted by MEE View Post
    I have to mute it cause that guy has no clue about racing.
    I think he is an entertaining change of pace. I find him far from clueless. He will get better.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    If you really want to know about mistakes, you should ask your parents.
    Or a certain Missouri jury who thought your slip and fall scam deserved a payout...
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Uh ohh!! T3r3e3 you got some proof on the old fan or possible old scam?? Lmao bring it please?

Absolutely, positively HATE screaming PA announcers!!

Overall, I like the SAS announcer. Sometimes he talks faster than he thinks but at least he's entertaining. But you can't beat Essex and Eshleman. I have to watch WoO highlights on mute, that guy isn't good at all.

Essex did part of the announcing at the Lucas Oil race at Mighty Macon this past July. He's really knowledgeable but his Oprah Winfrey style upspeak of the drivers last names drives me crazy. It's not just Billy Moyer, it's Billy MOYER!

Still, the absolute 2 best announcers I've ever heard is Jim Childers from Metropolis, Illinois (unfortunately Jim is now retired) and Scott Daloisio who does the announcing at Perris Auto Speedway out in Perris, California. Those two are the gold standard of race track PA announcers.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Essex did part of the announcing at the Lucas Oil race at Mighty Macon this past July. He's really knowledgeable but his Oprah Winfrey style upspeak of the drivers last names drives me crazy. It's not just Billy Moyer, it's Billy MOYER!

Still, the absolute 2 best announcers I've ever heard is Jim Childers from Metropolis, Illinois (unfortunately Jim is now retired) and Scott Daloisio who does the announcing at Perris Auto Speedway out in Perris, California. Those two are the gold standard of race track PA announcers.
    No, it's Billy MOYERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

You just got "FANGED"!!!! hahahahahahahaaaa