Thread: Mark Richards

Default Mark Richards

Sorry if this is a dumb question. Was Mark ever a driver or has he always just been a DLM car builder?

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    Sorry if this is a dumb question. Was Mark ever a driver or has he always just been a DLM car builder?
    Builder, worked with Rodney Combs at WRC I think it was. Then Bullet chassis, then his own with Steve Baker. And Steve is a driver and the people person.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I remember him driving a car from his shop and across the road to Interstate Raceway probably in the late 80's. I was on a friends semi late crew then and he raced against us most weeks. Pretty much a season long test session for him. One man band as he raced, wrenched, and learned his craft while still being helpful towards all the competitors. One thing I've never questioned from then until now is his work ethic. He may have driven other places but I definitely recall his Interstate days.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Builder, worked with Rodney Combs at WRC I think it was. Then Bullet chassis, then his own with Steve Baker. And Steve is a driver and the people person.
    WRC was Wilson (Frank Sr.) Richards (Mark and his Uncle Roger) and Combs (Rodney).

I believe the car was owned or sponsored by Chuck Phillips
    The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also are enemies; probably because they are generally the same people...
    G.K. Chesterton