Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mason87 View Post
    Speed rating doesn't necessarily mean better quality, I work in quality control for Goodyear and I can tell you I wouldn't even put Goodyear on my vehicle. If Continental puts in the effort they have been putting into their product in the past couple years, I would expect some really good things in the near future.
    It means quality in my pocketbook. 5-15k in damag on Peterbilts when one blows at 70mph. Michelin has 1000s of complaints due to this. They blame it on speed rating???? If the tire can not be run at the speed limit, then in my eyes it is poor quality. Both Same pli s, same load rating and one fails,and the other brand doesn't?

Was Monica quality if you know what I mean

I wonder if Hoosier makes another run at NASCAR? The drivers obviously hate Goodyear.

Your right, if It cant run at its speed rating then yes I would say poor quality. My statement was based on the fact that all tires are made the same way same rubber and everything with slight differences, he'll they are even made in the same exact mold we just weld up the speed rating and engrave a different one in. The consumer doesn't care about that though and I understand your in business to.make money not repair your trucks because of malfunctioning tires.

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    Was Monica quality if you know what I mean
    Top shelf!!!!!!!!

Maybe Continental is "new and improved". I've had three really lousy sets on three makes of vehicles and all were dreadful. Continental qualified for my three strikes and your out (forever) rule book so I'll never know of its improvement. I get great service out of Cooper.

I will only put Hoosiers on my street car if the continue the tradition of overspraying their logo and realizing lines are just there for suggestion. lol

I was told by a Hoosier rep that the brand will change to continental. So you won't be seeing any new Hoosier once the molds get changed

Quote Originally Posted by westlingracing View Post
    I was told by a Hoosier rep that the brand will change to continental. So you won't be seeing any new Hoosier once the molds get changed
    Will I though they wanted the name too.. Will i was wrong on that then...If thats true, Things will change up a lot then......

Quote Originally Posted by westlingracing View Post
    lol ? so everyone will have to buy them that's ok my car still has 4 amods I need them anyway haha

Couple reasons to buy out a Company, believe me i know, 3D Printing and digital metal processes. Anyway, Continental could of bought Hoosier for there technology (molding / stamping etc), there rubber sources aka supplier and contracts, or there sales volume (unlikely i would think)

Rubber sourcing now days is no joke, and its a very volatile business, wouldn't surprise me at all to see them take the sourcing, and sell off the rest or just scrap the racing portion. Just a possibility, but unlikely, maybe? LOL.

Just say no...

Your exactly right, rubber is cut throat lol. We get outs from Russia odd as they may be but we get 20 plus trailer loads daily and have multiple storage facilities with nothing but rubber stored in them. Very likell they did do it for the source

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    Yep Continental has just moved in to the BIG league...

Gary Continental has been in the BIG League of the tire business for several years! It didnt just happen with the buyout of Hoosier Tire... Just saying...
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

yes sir in endurance racing big time

Quote Originally Posted by President Clinton View Post
    Continental has the only low profile steer tire for big trucks with a decent speed rating!!! I have always ran Michelin tires but after several blow outs on steers and consulting with reps,have changed to Continental. Cheaper and I assume better quality if the speed rating is higher? So I would always assume they are way above mediocre or Michelin is sub par??????

Bingo! We have a winner! You are exactly correct Clinton... For many years Michelin was the Tire to go with for steer tires on the Big Trucks and then Continental stepped up their game and in no time started putting out steer tires that were out lasting the Michelins not only in mileage but the price was better than the Michelins as well... Which was a Win Win for the trucking industry!

Quote Originally Posted by MUD MAESTRO View Post
    Come on man........when the big boys make a move on dirt racing means a big profit oppertunity exists. Better yet....Continental smells a monopoly. Time for dirt racing to allow other tire manufactures to compete.

Exactly MUD Hoosier has been pricing the little guys out of racing for to long now so maybe just maybe Continental will make it a little bit easier on the Racers now with this purchase!

[QUOTE=President Clinton;2050938] several blow outs on steers

Thought you liked single white women???
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    Exactly MUD Hoosier has been pricing the little guys out of racing for to long now so maybe just maybe Continental will make it a little bit easier on the Racers now with this purchase!
    are you so sure

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    according to that article old fan, they should get along just fine, sorry fellows but im a AR fan, just dont have a choice, so maybe this merger or what ever it is will help....

Fastford when we had our modified Team we were afforded the opportunities to run AR's 82.8 and 84.8 and we loved them but we also had to run Hoosiers alot as well so we had the best of both worlds in our modified program... Now when we went Latemodel Racing for awhile we Ran Hoosiers because most everywhere we ran required them...

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    are you so sure

One can be hopeful there Mr Trip N Fall....