Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I know one thing I belive that the federal government has my best interest in mind a hellva lot more than corporate America does.

Quote Originally Posted by tsand View Post
    I know one thing I belive that the federal government has my best interest in mind a hellva lot more than corporate America does.
    You had better look again. Our government has the best interests of corporate America in mind, but just the Corporate America that pays them enough to. Coal didn't pay them enough. If you believe you have anyone in DC, that is looking out for you, let us know how much it costs you each year. If you don't bribe Senators, Representatives and Presidents, You don't have anyone in your corner and your foolish to believe otherwise.

The question of, is Don B a good guy and is coal good for the average consumer, are completely different questions. The elimination of coal will raise overall energy prices down the road and even could lead to a monopoly. Competition on a level playing field is what drives the US economy. They took that level playing field away fro coal by demanding unrealistic emissions and subsidizing other form of energy. Just who do you think pays for that, in a world with no free lunches. Don't confuse clean air with carbon emissions. Your talking a completely different deal. One simple question about global warming. Does warm increase CO2 or does CO2 increase warm. The one and only source of heat for our planet is the sun and it's heat varies. In covered up studies a controlled crop environment proved that CO2 levels where a byproduct of warming. It also proved Crops liked the extra CO2 and gained production. U of Illinois around 2006 or 2007. It may have been removed by now, as government grants are with held from university's that disagrees with government agenda. This was a A B A controlled test by Galesburg Illinois. Monsanto was very interested in this study and a employee told me about it. I looked it up at the time, because the inventor of the internet said the debate was over. Guess not. How about, if plants turn CO2 into clean air, wouldn't we be better off with more plants and more CO2? I believe the only dirty air, we are getting, is the smoke Al Gore is blowing up our buts. You can believe what you wish.

Pffffffffttttttttt.......They do a FINE job at running the US Post Office! In case you didn't know it, it is subsidized with millions and millions of taxpayer dollars!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    Pffffffffttttttttt.......They do a FINE job at running the US Post Office! In case you didn't know it, it is subsidized with millions and millions of taxpayer dollars!
    The U.S. Postal Service is funded entirely by revenues from postage, the Postal Service receives no tax dollars for operating expenses, and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations.

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    The U.S. Postal Service is funded entirely by revenues from postage, the Postal Service receives no tax dollars for operating expenses, and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations.
    You might want to check your facts. The fed govt subsidizes it with millions of dollars every year!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Mr. Blankenship needs to take responsibility for his action for once. Greed............................................. .................

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    You might want to check your facts. The fed govt subsidizes it with millions of dollars every year!
    If the Feds didn't feed it money it would have been gone long ago ! Don' t think it has showed a profit in quite some time !!!!

Just wait for the dem. Run the taxes up and farm country crash like the coal country.

Default Usps

ptown you are correct. Taxpayer money does not fund the postal service. It is not too hard to find that it is funded by the postal stamp charges, and other items sold at locations, by doing some very minimal detective work on your own. Anyone who has gone into an office can see packages, shirts and other items there for purchase. They also try to staff with as many veterans as possible. The taxpayer funded myth is only because some taxpayers do buy the services. I know many people will say private companies would be cheaper, but I have personally ordered small items that began shipping from other sources, only to have final delivery by the USPS. I would guess this is because the postal delivery was more cost effective. They're fees are also held in check by congress etc. Wait until Christmas (or should I pi$$ some off say the holidays) and see your more efficient shippers raise they're prices while the evil left wing postal conspirators stay the same. Maybe we could require them to use coal powered trucks, since I believe that is what, for some reason, a thread on a racing website began as.
    Last edited by stewie; 10-10-2016 at 11:02 PM.

and some power plants that have been replaced the electric bill has went up as much as $100.00.know take that.

Quote Originally Posted by buster83 View Post
    and some power plants that have been replaced the electric bill has went up as much as $100.00.know take that.
    With out Coal powered electricity the stampede to higher prices has started. Coal was the competition in this market, that kept prices low. Doesn't it make you wonder why? Just who paid off our government, to make their product profitable? Who's pocket ill those valuable carbon tax credits, go threw. You have to know, who is going to pay every last penny of them. Utilities pay nothing, they just raise your bill to pay them and they will charge you as much as they can, just short of making some alternative energy viable. Just like gas in your car. Charge what the market will bear.

Tell that to the families that live less than 5 miles from me who have to buy water to drink or cook in people who lives savings is ruined because the can not sell there homes or owe more than it worth because of the contamination of coal ash. Coal is only cheap because the power company got away with dumping the ash anywhere they wanted. Add the cost of the clean up to the price of coal and see how cheap it is. Just because you belive what they tell you at the company store us people that thinks for our self and do the research know the real story.
    Actually much of that coal ash is being sold to manufacture wall board as that has become cheaper than gypsum rock. And there are people getting paid to make up these lies that you fall for. Just like many of the government agendas that are sold by lies and deception. Just like the people that lie about fracking.

You may think for yourself, but you are not showing much wisdom. hahahaha Where you are doing your research must be the problem.
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 10-11-2016 at 08:10 PM.

In 2015, 94 coal-fired power plants closed, with the combined net summer capacity of 13,556 megawatts, according to data from the Energy Information Administration. To put that in context, the country lost roughly the same total capacity of all of Kentucky’s electric sector coal plants that year.

Another 41 coal plants are scheduled to close in 2016, with a combined net summer capacity of 5,326.5 megawatts. That’s slightly greater than all of Colorado’s electric sector coal plants.

Hope you liberal whackos are happy, as these have not been replaced adequately.

Look at all those jobs lost, ain't it just awesome? NOT

Thrump says lets use what we got in the ground. Hil lier y says can it and start something new so which one will do us,the taxpayers that pays the bills the best ? The ones that will vote for her is the ones that says keep our free checks coming ,if you are a proud working American you will vote for Thrump !

You had better wake up to reality, because you are dead wrong, sir.

What's funny is someone who likes to quote The Blaze telling other people they better check their facts.

Quote Originally Posted by flash49 View Post
    What's funny is someone who likes to quote The Blaze telling other people they better check their facts.
    What's not funny is people sitting in front of TV sets like lemmings gobbling up CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS news propaganda and letting a Marxist Muslim in the white house tell them what not to watch and listen to.

As long as theres a truck load of coal for your stocking is all that matters
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by POOPING SIDEWAYS View Post
    As long as there's a truck load of coal for my stocking is all that matters
    I'm sure there will be!!