Thread: R/f travel

Default R/f travel

we are getting close to 5'' of travel on the r/f and seeing where the lower a arm mounts are dragging the ground.I can get different spindles, balljoints,raise the ride height etc.. and get more travel but is there any advantages to more travel?

Quote Originally Posted by RCJ View Post
    we are getting close to 5'' of travel on the r/f and seeing where the lower a arm mounts are dragging the ground.I can get different spindles, balljoints,raise the ride height etc.. and get more travel but is there any advantages to more travel?
    I don't think you need any more than that.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

Put heavier spring or a bump stop on it. Frames are terrible for traction compared to a tire!

Yea I don't think u need more travel or more clearance 5 inches is alot. Sounds like u need a stiffer spring or get done side bite out of it so it aint rollin so hard to the right front

Quote Originally Posted by CCHIEF View Post
    Put heavier spring or a bump stop on it. Frames are terrible for traction compared to a tire!
    Actually, a frame is probably great for traction, but not so good for steering or forward motion.

Bottomin the frame out has no good or great thing about it if u are bottoming the frame out ur prolly not goin under the checkered flag first maybe 3 to 4 yrs ago but not today