Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

I don't think I need to spend hours in prayer agonizing with my Lord over voting for the deranged lunatic that is Donald Trump. Maybe some other people need to do some serious soul searching on who and what they really are if they support him.

It is just beyond me how much hate you must have toward a person to choose a man who loves money over anything else. And that is all that it amounts to, people hate Hillary so much they'll vote for a man who embodies no Christian values instead.

I wonder if David were running for office what kinds of smear campaigns his accusers would have thrown out there to derail his candidacy? "He had affairs! He slept with Bathsheba! He had her husband sent to the front lines in battle so he would be killed! He is a rapist! He uses his power and influence only for himself, he cares about no one else!" and yet the Bible tells us David was favored in God's eyes not because of his behavior, but because he, despite all of his human missteps, lies, deceit and adultery, still wanted only to know God's heart.

HRC is NO David. But I believe that despite all of her human missteps, she really does have a desire to help people.

Can't say Donald Trump has a track record of helping anyone but himself. Donald's entire life up until now has been about serving Donald and no one else. His run for the White House is just a big ego trip, the latest in a long history of trying to bolster his own ego and promote himself. And it really speaks volumes when he says he has never felt a need to ask for forgiveness because he can't think of a single time he has done anything wrong. It's sad that Christians are willing to embrace the blatantly self serving greedy man standing before them out of spite toward an alternative.
    Last edited by t.nie; 10-14-2016 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by t.nie View Post
    But I believe that despite all of her human missteps, she really does have a desire to help people.
    Bull$hit must be called on this statement.

She knew/knows she's married to a rapist and chose to belittle and publicly attack the victims as dishonest liars and mentally defective lower life forms than herself.

I firmly believe she did so only as to maintain a high profile in order to further her dubious political ambitions and to become very rich. And even with all this being public knowledge, you and those of your ilk will continue to praise and support her in spite of it all. Not sure what that says about us as a nation but it cannot be good.

Her implications towards helping people are for political consumption, not a true virtue. The blatant lies she has uttered have deeply hurt people such as the families of the men murdered in the Benhgazi terror attacks and she backhandedly belittles some of those folks for calling her on those blatant lies.

Both the clinton's are in politics for 2 reason's, one is for fame and the other is for to become fabulously rich. Mission accomplished.

For the most part Trump is not worthy of our support and I will not extend it to him but the rapist enabler and defender is most undeniably a lowly piece of pond scum not worthy of holding any public office, let alone the presidency of the United States. And that folks, is the bottom line.

i don't think i need to spend hours in prayer agonizing with my lord over voting for the deranged lunatic that is donald trump. Maybe some other people need to do some serious soul searching on who and what they really are if they support him.

It is just beyond me how much hate you must have toward a person to choose a man who loves money over anything else. And that is all that it amounts to, people hate hillary so much they'll vote for a man who embodies no christian values instead.

I wonder if david were running for office what kinds of smear campaigns his accusers would have thrown out there to derail his candidacy? "he had affairs! He slept with bathsheba! He had her husband sent to the front lines in battle so he would be killed! He is a rapist! He uses his power and influence only for himself, he cares about no one else!" and yet the bible tells us david was favored in god's eyes not because of his behavior, but because he, despite all of his human missteps, lies, deceit and adultery, still wanted only to know god's heart.

Hrc is no david. But i believe that despite all of her human missteps, she really does have a desire to help people.

Can't say donald trump has a track record of helping anyone but himself. Donald's entire life up until now has been about serving donald and no one else. His run for the white house is just a big ego trip, the latest in a long history of trying to bolster his own ego and promote himself. And it really speaks volumes when he says he has never felt a need to ask for forgiveness because he can't think of a single time he has done anything wrong. It's sad that christians are willing to embrace the blatantly self serving greedy ?man standing before them out of spite toward an alternative.
    i guess you have never listened long enough to hear some of the stories that real people have come forward with about how donald trump has helped them in times of need and despair ? People of all colors and ethnicity have gone on record saying these things but you choose to not to listen !!!! You have made a deal with the devil my friend and will answer for it in time !!!!!

Sure, and I have heard John Gotti and Saddam Hussein were heroes to the people they helped too. These egomaniacs know they have to cultivate some kind of sympathetic support or they wouldn't get anywhere.

I've also read stories from all the people Trump stiffed, the woman he molested, the honorable families he has tried to undermine, the disabled he has mocked, the list of his offenses goes on and on.

And he has the ego to say he doesn't ask for forgiveness because he can't think of anything he has ever done wrong. that shows me a man who doesn't humble himself before God, he thinks he IS God.

Deal with the Devil? If you are supporting this man, it's not me that has to worry about answering for it. That's your deal, not mine. I am perfectly at peace with my sane, logical, rational, biblical and ethical choice to NOT support him.

Deal with the Devil? If you are supporting this man, it's not me that has to worry about answering for it. That's your deal, not mine. I am perfectly at peace with my sane, logical, rational, biblical and ethical choice to NOT support him.
    It's just as difficult to square up your fervent support of the rapist enabler and defender. Pretty much the same thing. That's your cross to bear.

Fervent support? That's laughable. My opinion is she is the better choice and I don't agree with her on two fundamental issues, abortion and same sex marriage. That's all there is to it.

Keep making false accusations that you have no personal knowledge or confirmed evidence to back up. All that stuff is just in your head. Just like reading anything I post and concluding "fervent Clinton Supporter." I think some people are so radicalized they can't comprehend middle of the road, non extreme thought. Anything that doesn't fit with the radical vision they have of the world is automatically assumed to be wildly radical in the opposite direction.

Hey man, if you're standing on the South Pole, everyone else is a Northerner. Think about it.

Fervent support? That's laughable.

Keep making false accusations that you have no personal knowledge or confirmed evidence to back up. All that stuff is just in your head.
    Laughable is your refusal to acknowledge the truth.

All one need do is read your pro rapist enabler and defender manifesto's and your fervent support is clear despite all the immoral and illegal things she's done. Deny it all ya' want but the proof is in what you post.

Hey man, if you're standing on the South Pole, everyone else is a Northerner. Think about it.
    Huh?

You're starting to sound like litey, and you make about as much sense! LOL!
    Last edited by CIRF; 10-14-2016 at 12:28 PM.

sure, and i have heard john gotti and saddam hussein were heroes to the people they helped too. These egomaniacs know they have to cultivate some kind of sympathetic support or they wouldn't get anywhere.

I've also read stories from all the people trump stiffed, the woman he molested, the honorable families he has tried to undermine, the disabled he has mocked, the list of his offenses goes on and on.

And he has the ego to say he doesn't ask for forgiveness because he can't think of anything he has ever done wrong. That shows me a man who doesn't humble himself before god, he thinks he is god.

Deal with the devil? If you are supporting this man, it's not me that has to worry about answering for it. That's your deal, not mine. I am perfectly at peace with my sane, logical, rational, biblical and ethical choice to not support him.
    i never sent or recieved emails that were classified or marked classified . That in its self should be enough. You never did answer my question about the rapist enabler being for the middle class ......... Do you really be lieve that ? And if she wins the world will be upsidr down {that is if there a world left} so everyone elseat that point will be a southerener !(but still a deploreable unredeemable redneck)i guess that shouldn't offend anyone either ?

Not really sure what your point is, dirtman.

As far as not getting the "if you're standing on the south pole, everyone else is a northerner" comment, that's fine.

Here's the translation. If you are a radical right wing neoconservative extremist, standing as far right on the political spectrum as you can possibly go, there is no further to the right you can possibly be, you are right up against the limit of being a right winger, you are the extremist of the extreme, there is nothing but wall to your right you are so far right, then ANYONE standing on the opposite side of you, even in the MIDDLE of the spectrum, not even leaning left of middle, is an extremist in the other direction. I will try to provide a visual.

Left extreme>>>>>>>middle<<<<<<<<<<<Right

See that BOLD arrow? To the person on the extreme right, that person even one little step away is the enemy, a lefty, a liberal!

That is the point. If you go to the extreme, anyone not standing on that spot with you you can accuse of being a lefty. Because everyone and everything, even those leaning your way, can still not keep up with how radically extreme you are.

So if you're standing on the south pole, everyone else not on the south pole is a northerner.
    Last edited by t.nie; 10-14-2016 at 02:40 PM.

not really sure what your point is, dirtman.

As far as not getting the "if you're standing on the south pole, everyone else is a northerner" comment, that's fine.

Here's the translation. If you are a radical right wing neoconservative extremist, standing as far right on the political spectrum as you can possibly go, there is no further to the right you can possibly be, you are right up against the limit of being a right winger, you are the extremist of the extreme, there is nothing but wall to your right you are so far right, then anyone standing on the opposite side of you, even in the middle of the spectrum, not even leaning left of middle, is an extremist in the other direction. I will try to provide a visual.

Left extreme>>>>>>>middle<<<<<<<<<<<right

see that bold arrow? To the person on the extreme right, that person even one little step away is the enemy, a lefty, a liberal!

That is the point. If you go to the extreme, anyone not standing on that spot with you you can accuse of being a lefty. Because everyone and everything, even those leaning your way, can still not keep up with how radically extreme you are.

So if you're standing on the south pole, everyone else not on the south pole is a northerner.
    my point can't be any clearer dumb a s s answer the question !!!!!

Oh, and as far as believing Clinton cares about people?

Yes, judging by her life of public service, her willingness to put up with all the hate and malice directed at her to run for office, yes.

Like I told someone else the other day, if you're pursuing policies that might make rich people less wealthy and make them pay more taxes, etc. you best believe they are going to collectively try to destroy you in the media with their wealth. Especially since they have so much spare cash to spend on smearing you and propping up candidates who oppose you.

Ok, I'll take a guess dirtman. You are saying that the classified email stuff is the smoking gun?

We live in a nation of laws. The people who are charged with executing those laws determined there wasn't enough evidence there to charge her. Since then lots of people with a vested interest in trying to make sure she doesn't get elected have spread all kinds of rumors about why she wasn't charged.

Bottom line, we live in a nation of laws. Bill Clinton lied under oath, was impeached, lost his law license and has to live with the fallout. But that is how it goes in a nation of laws.

Hillary Clinton was not charged. That was the decision of the people that were entrusted with that decision. Sorry if you don't agree with it, but the facts are you don't have the authority or access to information or knowledge of the law to say whether that was a right or wrong decision any more than I do.

I accept the decision made. You don't. That's your right. But it is my right to not agree with you.

Skids, it is one thing for someone speaking publicly to express ideas such as "stay away from the vipers" "beware of the wolves in sheep's clothing" as a means of teaching and admonishment and instruction.

It is quite another to attack an individual personally with those kind of words. Christ NEVER singled out a single person and viciously attacked them. He did admonish people, he did offer words of correction, but he never did it with a malicious heart or to deliberately single out one person and shame them or attack them. Christ did everything as we are instructed to: reach out with love and compassion and kind words.

As far as "passing the Christian Test" that is completely false. The bible tells us that only God knows the heart and He will judge. This is legalism, and legalism is at the core of why God gave man the Messiah. Because man, no matter what God said to do to purify himself and be holy in the presence of God, couldn't help but try to circumvent the rules. So God said fine, let's just get rid of rules because man can't live by rules, I will send my son who will live a blameless, sinless life and be crucified as a sacrifice and this sacrifice will cover all sins. Then Man will only have one choice to make... accept Christ was the Savior and be forgiven or choose to reject it. And there is no "test" that man can administer to another man to know what is in the heart. Only you and God know where you stand.

As far as my politics, here is exactly where I stand on the Dem vs Rep thing.

Republican positions I support--no same sex marriage, ban abortion, personal responsibility.

Dem positions I support-address wage inequality, raise taxes on the wealthy instead of favoring them, overturn Citizens United and curb the influence of the wealthy to purchase our governance, raise the minimum wage, expand higher education through government programs to assist the underprivileged, expand access to quality health care.

I have said it before and I will say it again-- I am socially conservative and fiscally liberal. I believe government is there to protect us from the wealthy and powerful who will exploit the nation for their own ends if allowed to by government, and the only thing standing in between us and a corporate oligarchy serving only itself is government. It is plain to me that the wealthy in America know this, so the plan has been for many years to do everything to purchase and control the government. To this end, Citizen's United was a huge step toward corporate ownership of all the people in our government.

This election is a huge turning point because of the Supreme Court appointees that hang in the balance. If this goes one way, we might get some change in America that is good for the common people instead of just the wealthy. If Trump gets elected, America is over as we know it. We will continue even further down the road of corporate ownership and control of America and all the people in it.

Oh, and one last thing-- If you met me in real life, I would be the same person you see on here. Like me or not, I am not a different person when I am typing on a keyboard or talking to you face to face.

And the "righteous anger" excuse? I think some people love to use that because its like the abuser saying to the victim "I only did it because I love you!" It's just an easy excuse to be right when you know you're wrong.

And here is the verse in Matthew, even when Christ was "righteously angry" he did not call anyone specifically a thief, he did not attack any individual with personal insults, he addressed them as a group and described what they had done to God's Temple. Big difference.

12 And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,

13 And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.
    You say you're a social conservative......but you're voting for Hilary, a Democrat! That's the true definition of an oxymoron!

If you're a Christian, there's no way you could vote for a baby murderer! That's not only coming from me, but plenty of powerful Evangelicals!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

I don't think I need to spend hours in prayer agonizing with my Lord over voting for the deranged lunatic that is Donald Trump. Maybe some other people need to do some serious soul searching on who and what they really are if they support him.

It is just beyond me how much hate you must have toward a person to choose a man who loves money over anything else. And that is all that it amounts to, people hate Hillary so much they'll vote for a man who embodies no Christian values instead.

I wonder if David were running for office what kinds of smear campaigns his accusers would have thrown out there to derail his candidacy? "He had affairs! He slept with Bathsheba! He had her husband sent to the front lines in battle so he would be killed! He is a rapist! He uses his power and influence only for himself, he cares about no one else!" and yet the Bible tells us David was favored in God's eyes not because of his behavior, but because he, despite all of his human missteps, lies, deceit and adultery, still wanted only to know God's heart.

HRC is NO David. But I believe that despite all of her human missteps, she really does have a desire to help people.

Can't say Donald Trump has a track record of helping anyone but himself. Donald's entire life up until now has been about serving Donald and no one else. His run for the White House is just a big ego trip, the latest in a long history of trying to bolster his own ego and promote himself. And it really speaks volumes when he says he has never felt a need to ask for forgiveness because he can't think of a single time he has done anything wrong. It's sad that Christians are willing to embrace the blatantly self serving greedy man standing before them out of spite toward an alternative.
    Here's 2 common Christian ideals, that makes your candidate/party selection dead WRONG!
    1) Come out and be ye separate
    2) Do not be unequally yoked with the lost

2 Corinthians 6:14-18King James Version (KJV)

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

You're a Southern Baptist, right?

I don't know who this guy is, but this is what I found from what appears to be your church leadership. Of course, I am pretty sure even if this is your church you will slam him too. But I found his take on this election and Donald Trump refreshing.

God places leadership in the churches over us at his choosing. When someone at this level speaks, I kinda think it is in our own best interests to listen and not argue.

A top Southern Baptist leader has a warning for white evangelical Christians: If you want to "be on the right side of Jesus," you need to stand up to Donald Trump.

Russell Moore heads the Southern Baptist Convention's Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission, the public policy arm of the largest, typically quite conservative American Protestant denomination. In a scathing op-ed in the New York Times, Moore argues that for white evangelicals, the 2016 election is a moment of truth:

A white American Christian who disregards nativist language is in for a shock. The man on the throne in heaven is a dark-skinned, Aramaic-speaking "foreigner" who is probably not all that impressed by chants of "Make America great again."
    Moore likens Trump's candidacy to the civil rights movement — a test that many white Baptist churches in the South failed when they defended white supremacy rather than standing by black churches. He argues that it's also in evangelicals' interest to stand up to Trump, because the future of evangelical Christianity lies with the people Trump picks on, including immigrants:

Majorities come and majorities go. And sometimes a silent majority is too silent for its own good… The question is whether evangelicals will be on the right side of Jesus. That will mean standing up for the church’s future leaders, and for our mission, especially when they are politically powerless.

ok, i'll take a guess dirtman. You are saying that the classified email stuff is the smoking gun?

We live in a nation of laws. The people who are charged with executing those laws determined there wasn't enough evidence there to charge her. Since then lots of people with a vested interest in trying to make sure she doesn't get elected have spread all kinds of rumors about why she wasn't charged.

Bottom line, we live in a nation of laws. Bill clinton lied under oath, was impeached, lost his law license and has to live with the fallout. But that is how it goes in a nation of laws.

Hillary clinton was not charged. That was the decision of the people that were entrusted with that decision. Sorry if you don't agree with it, but the facts are you don't have the authority or access to information or knowledge of the law to say whether that was a right or wrong decision any more than i do.

I accept the decision made. You don't. That's your right. But it is my right to not agree with you.
    my question was do you believe she is for the middle class and not the elitist group that her and her donors belong to ? Simple yes or no will be sufficient !!!!

Ok, so why are you "unequally yoked" with Donald Trump?

I've seen nothing yet that convinces me that Trump has any clue about Christianity. He says he doesn't need forgiveness because he can't see how he has done anything wrong, and he clearly behaves in the most immoral manner, and he doesn't even know the proper pronunciation for a very common book of the bible, demonstrating further that he is pretty far removed from God and has no interest in spiritual things.

I know you feel strongly anti-Clinton, but I see more Christian values in Obama and Clinton than I see in just about any Republican and certainly not Donald Trump. However, you are entitled to your opinion.

Ok, so why are you "unequally yoked" with Donald Trump?

I've seen nothing yet that convinces me that Trump has any clue about Christianity. He says he doesn't need forgiveness because he can't see how he has done anything wrong, and he clearly behaves in the most immoral manner, and he doesn't even know the proper pronunciation for a very common book of the bible, demonstrating further that he is pretty far removed from God and has no interest in spiritual things.

I know you feel strongly anti-Clinton, but I see more Christian values in Obama and Clinton than I see in just about any Republican and certainly not Donald Trump. However, you are entitled to your opinion.
    I will tell you what my pastor said about this election or any other for that matter.......vote for the candidate that lines up more closely to the Bible! That leaves no doubt who a so-called Christian should vote for.

If you're so sure that you're right, I could arrange a phone call between you and him....fair enough?
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

So since you can't defend yourself, you want to bring your pastor into it?

Kind of like running off to mommy when things get too much for you to handle, isn't it?

So since you can't defend yourself, you want to bring your pastor into it?

Kind of like running off to mommy when things get too much for you to handle, isn't it?
    Defend myself to you? You're too easy to defeat! You preach one thing and do the other!

Why don't you answer the tough questions.....what denomination are you and what Bible do you read?

I would talk to your pastor in a second.....you scared?
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!