Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Early 1970s, 311 speedway, seems like there was a black #6 there, probably in victory lane.

1992 Outlaw Nationals at Cedar Lake Speedway. The name was changed to USA Nationals a few years later.

It had to be mid-60's probably at 411 Speedway... too early for me to remember as I was a toddler back then.
    Last edited by kd1; 11-03-2016 at 01:49 AM.

Mid-70's at Brownstown Speedway. Way to young to remember the exact first race but growing up a stones throw from the track and both parents working there every weekend, I'm sure I was there at a very early age.

I was born in 1991, and I am pretty sure my diaper was changed at the Blue Gray 100 at Cherokee Speedway in Gaffney, SC multiple times. But the first race that really stands out to me that I still remember was the Hav A Tampa race at Metrolina Speedway (Charlotte, NC) in 1995, Freddy Smith won!

my first race was at Talladega Short track , I was 14 and davey allison , who was 16 , won the race and red farmer run second. It was 1977.

Early 80's...
    Best track ever...
    BARREN COUNTY SPEEDWAY!!!!

2 weeks old, Chargin Charlie Swartz won at Southern Ohio Speedway 1979

Quote Originally Posted by wfofan View Post
    Early 80's...
    Best track ever...
    BARREN COUNTY SPEEDWAY!!!!
    Hey, BARREN COUNTY was the best!!!!

Pretty sure nobody would believe me if I told when/where my first dirt race was... It's almost embarrassing in a sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Hey, BARREN COUNTY was the best!!!!
    http://randylewis.org/barren-county-speedway/

I cant remember the first one it was probably a local show when I was about 6 years old, I guess the first touring race I seen was at Hohenwald, TN about 1990, a Hav-A-Tampa show won by Rex Richey. The first Crown Jewel race I seen was the 1996 Topless 100 won by Bill Frye.

I would guess my first true Super Late race was late 90's at Sunset Speedway in Omaha, Ne. Probably my first late model race was again late 90's but probably at Eagle Raceway in Eagle, Ne.

At Rome Speedway around 1975 or 1976 .They were having twin late model features I want to say 100 laps each I think. Bud Lunsford won the first one in the second they offered a bonus if he chose to start last and could win it he did collected the bonus. This was in the black and gold Chevy Nova .I once heard him say that was the best car he ever had it worked every where he took it without changing anything.There is no telling how many races that car won later on with Buck Simmons (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) Mills driving it among others l would bet the numbers are in the hundreds.

My first LM race was in 1989. We were heading to Lawrenceburg for sprints, but the fair was going on, so we headed to Florence Speedway for the first time. Randy Boggs won. I've loved that place ever since. I wouldn't cross the street to see Sprint cars now.

I want to thank everyone for keeping this thread civilized. I just find it nice to reminisce with fellow fans and see what truly brings us together. Also with everything going on right now with the election its nice to have a civilized conversation. Even though I am a Democrat and some of you are Republican we can still get along. May we all have a good off season and spend time with the loved ones and hopefully we can all meet up at Eldora or another track.

Mid 70's at Nobles County Speedway, Turkey shootout. My how the cars have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosis View Post
    Pretty sure nobody would believe me if I told when/where my first dirt race was... It's almost embarrassing in a sense.
    I'll take a crack at it. I'll say Bulls Gap in 2007.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I believe it was in 2000, regular show at North Georgia Speedway, Leon Brindle picked up the late model win, I was 13. First big race I remember going to was also at North Georgia May 1, 2004...WoO and Shane Clanton won it!

sometime during the 84 or 85 season at Kankakee..

been hooked ever since