Default Pretty good PIR race...

Joey pulled it out in the last couple laps after Kenseth (in the lead) and Bowman got together... but it put Kyle into the big show in a couple of weeks so all in all a good deal.... Harvick had to be crushed, to many trips to the luck well this play off....

since I got a big screen I can watch the race a lot easier might even watch the whole race next weekend minus the 4 hr bs before the race

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    since I got a big screen I can watch the race a lot easier might even watch the whole race next weekend minus the 4 hr bs before the race
    I'll DVR it, cause I have to go to the Airport in LA on Sunday I think...either way, I'll still watch it on DVR....

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    I'll DVR it, cause I have to go to the Airport in LA on Sunday I think...either way, I'll still watch it on DVR....
    Stop by 4m headquarters and tell them hi.

Internet Brands
    909 N Sepulveda Blvd # 11, El Segundo, CA 90245

If you're going to LAX I'm sincerely glad it's you and not me. I HATE LAX WITH A PASSION.

We're flying into Ontario, CA Wednesday morning and renting a car there. We'll somehow make our way to Pacific Coast Highway, stop in Malibu at Paradise Cove for lunch and then make the leisurely drive all the way up to Ventura, CA next to the mighty Pacific Ocean. We did the PCH drive from Long Beach to Ventura back in March of 2012 for opening night of the 2012 racing season at Ventura. It is truly spectacular.

When we get to Ventura we'll go straight to the track and get our race tickets then take the short walk over to Eric Ericssons Tapas Bar on the Ventura Pier for a relaxing co cktail overlooking the Channel Islands just off the coast.

On Thanksgiving Day we'll look around for a nice Thanksgiving dinner and then it's off to Ventura Raceway for the 76th running of the Turkey Night Grand Prix. Ventura is the coolest dirt track in the world. The grandstands at Venture are just a short 100 yards from the mighty Pacific Ocean.

Sorry we're gonna' miss you in LA by a couple of days, muddy ol' buddy. Come to Ventura and work off some of that Thanksgiving dinner and watch some REAL racing for once. We've not had the pleasure of watching the midgets at Ventura but judging by how good the sprint cars are I'm bettin' it'll be a great show!! Hopefully they won't have Jim Naylor doing the announcing for the midgets! That guy has to be the most annoying PA announcer in the history of auto racing!! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    If you're going to LAX I'm sincerely glad it's you and not me. I HATE LAX WITH A PASSION.

We're flying into Ontario, CA Wednesday morning and renting a car there. We'll somehow make our way to Pacific Coast Highway, stop in Malibu at Paradise Cove for lunch and then make the leisurely drive all the way up to Ventura, CA next to the mighty Pacific Ocean. We did the PCH drive from Long Beach to Ventura back in March of 2012 for opening night of the 2012 racing season at Ventura. It is truly spectacular.

When we get to Ventura we'll go straight to the track and get our race tickets then take the short walk over to Eric Ericssons Tapas Bar on the Ventura Pier for a relaxing co cktail overlooking the Channel Islands just off the coast.

On Thanksgiving Day we'll look around for a nice Thanksgiving dinner and then it's off to Ventura Raceway for the 76th running of the Turkey Night Grand Prix. Ventura is the coolest dirt track in the world. The grandstands at Venture are just a short 100 yards from the mighty Pacific Ocean.

Sorry we're gonna' miss you in LA by a couple of days, muddy ol' buddy. Come to Ventura and work off some of that Thanksgiving dinner and watch some REAL racing for once. We've not had the pleasure of watching the midgets at Ventura but judging by how good the sprint cars are I'm bettin' it'll be a great show!! Hopefully they won't have Jim Naylor doing the announcing for the midgets! That guy has to be the most annoying PA announcer in the history of auto racing!! LOL!
    Well aware of ole Ventura.... through there a couple times a month.... bring warm clothes, Ventura raceway is the second coldest I have ever been at a race track... I bought two cups of coffee to keep my hands warm... coldest was when we raced in a light snow in Vegas... I have seen the Turkey some years ago and yes, the midgets do a heck of a job there because the track is so small... Saw the sprints there too, although I don't recall if it was 360 or 410... I think 410 because I believe it was a CRA show, but it was many years ago... LAX isn't that bad, once you know how to traverse it.... I do the PCH many times a year, my niece and her hubby live in Pacific Palisades and we visit them from time to time... again , check that weather report.... we just went from the low 80's to the mid sixties over night... there is no where more cold then Ventura at 40 with a wind off the ocean...Jus sayin'.....

Well aware of ole Ventura.... through there a couple times a month.... bring warm clothes, Ventura raceway is the second coldest I have ever been at a race track... I bought two cups of coffee to keep my hands warm...
    We're well aware of the cold at Ventura. In March of 2012 it was somewhat brisk after the sun went down. That being said We've froze our asses off at Perris, too. Believe it or not the Turkey Night Grand Prix at Perris was the warmest of all the events we've attended there. I remember one of the Oval National's we attended it was dam cold and very damp from the lake being right off of turn 3 so Ventura doesn't have a monopoly on chills.
    I have seen the Turkey some years ago and yes, the midgets do a heck of a job there because the track is so small... Saw the sprints there too, although I don't recall if it was 360 or 410... I think 410 because I believe it was a CRA show, but it was many years ago...
    If you attended Turkey Night at Ventura it had to have been 1997. That was the one and only time TN was held there prior to this year. Midgets can put on great shows on the longer tracks, for sure. Belleville, Kansas, Eldora and Perris are prime examples. We've watched the midgets at all three several times and the little cars put on a very good show at all three. We look for TN at Ventura to be a great show partially due to it's size and amount of banking but the little tracks don't necessarily have a monopoly on great midget racing.

If what you saw was a CRA/USAC event the sprint cars were 410's but if it was USAC Southwest or VRA they were 360's. A 410 engine doesn't really have an advantage at Ventura. From what the Demon and Kruser have told us you can't use the additional horsepower at a bull ring like Ventura.
    LAX isn't that bad, once you know how to traverse it....
    We've had the misfortune of being forced to use LAX many times over the years and it seems to get worse every time we fly in and out of there. You're the only person I've ever heard that had anything good to say about the place. But hey, if it works for ya' more power to ya'
    I do the PCH many times a year, my niece and her hubby live in Pacific Palisades and we visit them from time to time...
    One of the prettiest drives we've ever had the pleasure of taking anywhere in the country was from Long Beach up the coast to the north. We've been all over Cali more than once and most of it isn't what we'd call a garden spot of the world, especially the metro areas, but the PeaCH is some good stuff, no doubt about that.

I'm in LAX every couple months, really isn't bad once you get the hang of it... I can't tell you the year I went, a good friend of mine (past now) said lets go to it so I did... freakin cold!!!! Have you done PCH from Morro Bay north? Pretty spectacular when its open.... and I agree, nothing good at all in the metro areas...

I can't tell you the year I went, a good friend of mine (past now) said lets go to it so I did... freakin cold!!!!
    It had to be 1997 since that was the only other time Turkey Night was at Ventura.
    Have you done PCH from Morro Bay north? Pretty spectacular when its open.....
    We haven't yet. We've driven it from Marin County north about 100 miles to Gualala and from San Diego north to Santa Barbara. We have relatives near Seattle and we're planning to fly into SeaTak and hang out with them for a couple of days then rent a van and drive to San Diego staying on PCH as much as is possible all the way. We figure to do it right will take at least a week. No definite plans thus far but it's going to be part of our next trip west after our Ventura Turkey Night trip. Probably not in 2017 but hopefully 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    It had to be 1997 since that was the only other time Turkey Night was at Ventura. We haven't yet. We've driven it from Marin County north about 100 miles to Gualala and from San Diego north to Santa Barbara. We have relatives near Seattle and we're planning to fly into SeaTak and hang out with them for a couple of days then rent a van and drive to San Diego staying on PCH as much as is possible all the way. We figure to do it right will take at least a week. No definite plans thus far but it's going to be part of our next trip west after our Ventura Turkey Night trip. Probably not in 2017 but hopefully 2018.
    I haven't done it in a few years, when I think about it is when there talking about the road being out...LOL Have fun!!