Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Farmer City SN

Quote Originally Posted by Duke100 View Post
    I know, I want to go to The PDC but do I really have to sit through all those modified races?
    Fairbury summernationals were a real stinker, zero track prep before the late model feature then they spend an hour prepping for the modified feature. I'm concerned about the PDC.

Farmer City should be ashamed of themselves, a track barely hanging on and they do that to all the fans that came out in the heat and supported them, I made a last minute decision to stay home and glad I did.
    Last edited by ptown; 07-08-2017 at 12:13 PM.

I wish people would quit bashing tracks. Ptown keep staying home and one of these days none of us will have a place to watch racing. Was Farmer City great last night? No, but they all can't be gems. More than not Farmer City and #FALS are great tracks. I go all over the United States to watch dirt races , and these two tracks are by far better than 95% of them week in and week out.

I don't go if the track isn't running LM. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by pkracer View Post
    I wish people would quit bashing tracks. Ptown keep staying home and one of these days none of us will have a place to watch racing. Was Farmer City great last night? No, but they all can't be gems. More than not Farmer City and #FALS are great tracks. I go all over the United States to watch dirt races , and these two tracks are by far better than 95% of them week in and week out.
    Some people can't handle the truth, keep drinking that cool aid.

Tracks hurt themselves by making stupid decisions, it's not the fans' fault. If we had it our way the Super feature would have been run first and it would have been a much better race. Tracks acting like they hate the fans by holding them hostage is not a smart business decision. I'm sure Highland will do the same thing tonight, promoters never learn.

The Illinois tracks have dropped the ball this year. I keep telling a old friend from NC. about the good racing on IL. black dirt. He has been giving it back this year. Even FALLs let us down so far. I know Fairbury is held to a higher standard, but that is why people come to the little track in Illinois. What a bunch of ho hummers this year. Macon has been the best this year so far.

Farmer City has no excuse. They know they have a rubber down problem. That's why the Illini 100 is 75 laps. They knew the car count and that it exceeded their rubber down limit.

Ptown the truth coming from you sitting on the couch.... Your too funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    The Illinois tracks have dropped the ball this year. I keep telling a old friend from NC. about the good racing on IL. black dirt. He has been giving it back this year. Even FALLs let us down so far. I know Fairbury is held to a higher standard, but that is why people come to the little track in Illinois. What a bunch of ho hummers this year. Macon has been the best this year so far.

Farmer City has no excuse. They know they have a rubber down problem. That's why the Illini 100 is 75 laps. They knew the car count and that it exceeded their rubber down limit.
    Well said, the rubber down issue plus the heat was enough to keep me at home last night. I'm still wondering why there was zero track prep before the Fairbury summernationals LM feature. I'll be at the PDC but skeptical, I hope they get their stuff together, last years race wasn't terrible and it also wasn't good.

Out of the group of 6 that went to Macon on Thursday, none of us went to FC. We all had our reasons, but none of them was we had something better to do. Just plain tired of being let down by them. None of us live more than 30 miles from there, half of us it is the closest track to our house.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post

If FC would disk the track deep before they water it all day the water would be more effective. Highland is watering concrete right now, they packed it before they watered it which makes absolutely no sense at all. I'll never understand how racetrack promoters can have clueless people doing track prep when 80% of the track's reputation is based strictly on the track prep and racing quality. Sarge and Helfrich always do it right, you'd think all the other tracks would copy what they do.

Ptown the truth coming from you sitting on the couch.... Your too funny.
    This year I've been to Farmer City 3 times Fairbury 4 times Spoon River, I55, Brownstown, Eldora and headed back to the PDC in two weeks then off to Cedar Lake then back to Eldora and Knoxville for the season finale. Yup lots of couch sitting for me....lol

With wanting to go to deer creek. I to decided not to make the 3hr trek to farmer city, cause I knew I would be close to midnight before it was over and I have been disappointed with the shows there lately. Been to weekly shows and specials and midnight is the norm. I sure hope they finally put money back into the place that they have been taking in on specials.

I wanted to go to Farmer City but decided against it because they never seem to care about the fan and will run as late as they want. Got tired of driving 2 and a half hours and them not eunning the late model feature in a timely manner. Until they prove otherwise i wont go

You all will be in the same boat as me stuck at home and no race track to go to ... me cause I just cant go no more... you cause you all B!tch so much....Even Ice Cream turns to $hit after you eat it...

104 races last year and on pace for that many this year. I sit on the couch a lot too Ptown.

When all the Tracks are closed and then you all will wish you can go to a Bad race cause it be better then NO RACE....

FC isn't the only track that ran last night. Even though it didn't go there I supported a local weekly show instead of sitting on a couch. Xfaxtor is right they do have a bad attitude there. I think there is a face print on my rear window in from the old lady in fear someone was trying to get in free. I to attend over 100 events annually and FC use to be one of my favorites. Many a Friday nights we made the 3 hr trek at the spur of the moment for a weekly show and bragged this place to my friends. Not the case anymore. Can blame social media bad mouthing all ya want, no one to blame but themselves. Go next Friday and count the fans.

Thumbs up

Nice post. I totally agree. They can't all be gems.

As many a good races as FALS has produced, I can't believe anyone would b1tch about that track. I've also been to tracks all over the Country and have seen a lot worse. Twice I.ve been to Portsmouth, home of the DTWC. Both times were train races. It happens at every track sooner or later.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    When all the Tracks are closed and then you all will wish you can go to a Bad race cause it be better then NO RACE....
    No they are not. A sh!tty race is as bad as anything else. You blew money to waste your time sitting on your a$$ watching either a dust storm, a CSX exhibition show, or a cornfield. Maybe some people don't, but I got way better sh!t to do with my time than to watch that boring sh!t.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    No they are not. A sh!tty race is as bad as anything else. You blew money to waste your time sitting on your a$$ watching either a dust storm, a CSX exhibition show, or a cornfield. Maybe some people don't, but I got way better sh!t to do with my time than to watch that boring sh!t.
    Well When they all are gone I guess we all can just go do something else then....