Thread: Bart Hartman

Default Bart Hartman

Anyone know why he's not racing anymore? Miss the Bartman

And Bub McCool.....also, Chris Brown out of Texas dropped to modifieds this year.

I believe Hartman had some back issues that sidelined him shortly after winning the world 100.

Thought is was due to him being really busy with his job?

I've never asked Bart directly, but through friends, I can tell you what I gathered. And I'm not calling it the gospel, so don't get your panties all wadded up.

Someone he is close too, was having health issues I believe, and the time and money involved in racing. I really think he just got away from it, and at about that same time the pipeline fired up in our area. Basically Ohio, WVA, and Pa, have a good bit of pipeline work. He is in the operators union as I am, and just has been working on the pipeline. He was helping clean out Buckeye Lake for a bit too.

The money is excellent on the pipeline, and if you don't have kids, I don't think he does, it's a great opportunity to make serious money. He had a 2 Brothers modified too, not sure if he still does. He was darn good, but I understand just stepping away also.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Yeah these days a guaranteed paycheck is tough to turn down. It just stinks not seeing him on the track. He was always one of my favorites. Thanks for the info. Best of luck to him. Hope to see him wheeling again at some point. One of the best to ever buckle up imo