Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by manwplan View Post
    1. Francis got smacked in the head last year at Tri City. His struggles pre date that.

2. We can debate FC seats, and there is some validity to the concussion argument however he was going to get a concussion regardless of what seat he had in because he got hit in the head!

I know this is 4m and facts are usually ignored.
    I should have been clearer, I wasn't suggesting his seat had anything to do with his injury. What I was saying was merely concussions can have lasting effects, thats all. I only mentioned the FC seats because I believe they also contribute to the rise in brain injuries and entrapment over the last few years.
    I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive

At one time in the early years of WOO Francis, Eckert, and McDowell always seemed near the top. Interesting how their paths took different directions from there.

Given his close ties to Mark Richards, especially being a former house car driver, I'm surprised he didn't go back to Rocket cars after the XR1 did so well last year. I understand he's friends with Clanton, but not even Clanton is running so great in the Capitol cars right now, compared to the past couple of years.

But Francis has been in several chassis in the past 4-5 years and it hasn't seemed to matter since the year he did so well driving for Barry Wright. I think it's mostly a crew problem and as someone else said, he didn't have a car, a team, or anything at the end of last year so he's done a good job of at least getting all that put together.

I'm a big fan of his, it would be great to see him starting winning regularly like he used to.

His best finish is 5th this season, twice.

Maybe needs to run around home for swhile

EPJ won his first Lucas race this year since May 25th 2015

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    Given his close ties to Mark Richards, especially being a former house car driver, I'm surprised he didn't go back to Rocket cars after the XR1 did so well last year. I understand he's friends with Clanton, but not even Clanton is running so great in the Capitol cars right now, compared to the past couple of years.

But Francis has been in several chassis in the past 4-5 years and it hasn't seemed to matter since the year he did so well driving for Barry Wright. I think it's mostly a crew problem and as someone else said, he didn't have a car, a team, or anything at the end of last year so he's done a good job of at least getting all that put together.

I'm a big fan of his, it would be great to see him starting winning regularly like he used to.
    I think what it boils down to is nobody wants to be second fiddle to the Rocket house car on the WoO tour, or Bests Rocket house car on the Lucas tour.
    8/13/16

Judging from Steve's and others performance this year, I would rather be the second fiddle Rocket car than first fiddle Capital car. I agree with others that he could probably get consistently better finishes on WoO than Lucas. I dont think they would be drastically better though. He is 11th in Lucas points. He wouldnt go to WoO and consistently beat Sheppard, T Erb, Madden, Moran, & Clanton. I think he'd be about 7th in WoO, maybe 6th but I think Eckert is running better than him this year. As far as what makes most financial sense for him as far as what tour he ran this year, it boils down to how much is the RhinoAg sponsorship. If that sponsorship is worth more than the difference between the 11th place Lucas points payout than the 7th place WoO payout than he prob picked the right tour financially.
    Last edited by dalemcfan; 08-01-2017 at 08:36 PM.

Good post dalemcfan.

Quote Originally Posted by nuff said View Post
    Good post dalemcfan.
    Thanks nuffsaid. Hope Steve gets to running better soon.