Default Plymouth, WI Monday, Dirt King Race update

Just in case any of you decide to make your way to Plymouth, WI tomorrow.

Moyer Sr. & Clanton are confirmed according to Dirt Kings social media pages.
    Feger, Tyler Erb, Shirley, & Chris Simpson also confirmed.

$18 for grandstand ticket
    $25 for pit pass

For any Plymouth 1st-timers:

Track is located at the Sheboygan County Fairgrounds

There is plenty of spectator parking at the fairgrounds, but you'll have a little hike to the grandstand on the frontstretch.
    Pits run along backstretch and turns 3 & 4.
    Grandstand is covered, so if you have sensitive hearing or little ones, bring your earplugs.
    There is one section of bleachers that isn't covered by turn 1.
    Entry shoot runs right in front of the main grandstand, little different.
    Grilled-Cheese Burger is the best item at the concession stand.

Happy Racing!!

Top 10 at Plymouth:

1 - Jimmy Mars
    2- Brian Shirley
    3- Jason Feger
    4- Nick Anvelink
    5- Tyler Erb
    6- Billy Moyer Sr.
    7- Brent Larson
    8- Justin Hirt
    9- Jered Siefert
    10- Mitch McGrath

Quote Originally Posted by Black I View Post
    Here he comes!

Feger Nation on the rise
    Don't get highside Hustler all excited yet 😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Black I View Post
    Here he comes!

Feger Nation on the rise
    Feger, Shirley, and Mars put on a show. Shirley started on the point and led first couple laps, until Feger split Shirley and Mars out of turn two for the lead. Lead changed hands a number of times between those three in the first 30 laps.

Mars stayed glued to the bottom and Feger does what he does up top. They hit lapped traffic and Mars was able to take the lead. He could put his car where he wanted it once the track slickef off and was better than Jason on the bottom and in the middle of the corner.

Jason and Squirrel went back up top and dualed back and forth.

Nick Anvelink had a great night coming home 4th ahead of Tyler Erb. Would love to see what Nick could do on a regional level if he had more funding.

Twenty-two cars for 50 laps in the feature...NO cautions. Excellent racing with battles throughout the field.

Dirt Kings qualified the cars in 5 groups, and set heats accordingly. Driver's qualifying group was the heat they were placed in. Top 3 to the feature.

Top 2 in 12-lap C-main to the B. Top 5 in 15-lap B-main to the feature.

Two provisionals...can't confirm but believe one was Dirt King points provisional and other Plymouth track points provisional.

28 B-mods for the support class. They ran the late model feature first, before the B-mod feature. Races were done by 10:05 pm.

The track even let a couple of the traveling guys shakedown backup cars after the official racing program was over.

For $18 adult admission (I paid $25 for a pit pass), I have NO complaints.
    Last edited by Zonks32x; 08-01-2017 at 12:52 AM.

And kudos to Billy Moyer, Shane Clanton, Jason Feger, Brian Shirley, Jimmy Mars, Tyler Erb, & Brent Larson for supporting this event tonight.

They didn't have to pull thru the pit gate on a Monday night, to help out a 1st year dlm series, but they did.

As a fan, I am grateful. Thank you gentlemen!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    And kudos to Billy Moyer, Shane Clanton, Jason Feger, Brian Shirley, Jimmy Mars, Tyler Erb, & Brent Larson for supporting this event tonight.They didn't have to pull thru the pit gate on a Monday night, to help out a 1st year dlm series, but they did. As a fan, I am grateful. Thank you gentlemen!!
    great update. thank you for posting sound like a heck of race

What's funny about it is that this entire week builds up to the 50k show in Cedar Lake and this one off $4000 to win first year series event last night might end up being the best show of them all. It just goes to show that good racing isn't limited to a national touring series. For the local guys who ran well it's a nice little boost of confidence heading into a long week.

A 50 lap main with no cautions took around 13 minutes to complete and there was tons of passing up front and throughout the field. That's pretty sweet.

Not sure if the DK race will top CL, but it was better than Oshkosh last night.

I have no doubt the DK race will be better than Shawano tonight. I'd pay the neighbor kids $30 to race go-karts around my yard for 40 laps before I go to another WoO race at Shawano.

Quote Originally Posted by gjohnston View Post
    What's funny about it is that this entire week builds up to the 50k show in Cedar Lake and this one off $4000 to win first year series event last night might end up being the best show of them all. It just goes to show that good racing isn't limited to a national touring series. For the local guys who ran well it's a nice little boost of confidence heading into a long week. A 50 lap main with no cautions took around 13 minutes to complete and there was tons of passing up front and throughout the field. That's pretty sweet.
    is there a video of the race? thanks

https://youtu.be/t0LY0WyogZw

Hope this works. This was taken from the pit side bleachers on the backstretch.

I watched the heats from the same spot the vid was taken, but I decided to take in the feature from the frontstretch grandstand. Higher elevation, little better view imho.

Same guy posted a vid of Brent Larsen and Billy Moyer gettin' after each other in their heat race. Well worth the 96 seconds to view.

Whoa now that's some good dirt racing
    I am what I am

duplicate...
    Last edited by Krooser; 08-03-2017 at 12:27 AM.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Dirtondirt.com also has a great video of the Feature shot from the grandstand side up higher thats a little bit more clear, for those that have a membership. My opinion, it was one of the best races I have seen this year and I have been to 25 nights of racing.
    2012 events: 40 - 2013 events: 29 - 2014 events: 26 - 2015 events: 29
    2016 events: 37 nights: - 2017 Events- 43 - 2018 Events- 43 -2019 Events: 43 Nights

2020 Events: 31 total - Plymouth(WI): 8 - Shawano: 1 - Outagamie: 2 - Cedar Lake: 4 - Mississippi Thunder: 3 - Beaver Dam: 1 - Gravity Park: 2 - Lafayette County: 2 - SK Speedway: 1 - Wilmot: 2 - 300 Raceway: 1 - Fairbury: 2 - Davenport: 1 - LaSalle: 1