Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

[QUOTE=Chuck?;2124815. I remember fights and yelling at the drivers and that's the way I want it to stay whether we have 7,000 or 1,000. So you want fights in the stands at the races? They have UFC for that.

My problem with the beach balls were the fact they were being knock around during racing. Very easily could have been knock over the fence interfering with actual competition.

Quote Originally Posted by cdustyr1 View Post
    My problem with the beach balls were the fact they were being knock around during racing. Very easily could have been knock over the fence interfering with actual competition.
    I seen one hit an elderly lady in the side of her face and knock off her glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    I seen one hit an elderly lady in the side of her face and knock off her glasses.
    Granny? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck? View Post
    Also I gotta say I hate that the track has profited off several people who came up with the phrase FALS and haven't compensated them once. But we still come back week after week and give our support.
    Excuse me? I believe that the first appearance of "FALS" was on the speedway website by a certain "prman". He didn't want to type out Fairbury American Legion Speedway every time, thus FALS was used. This I know!

Quote Originally Posted by turnleftandgasit View Post
    http://www.sj-r.com/article/20140524/news/140529581 The horse races used to supplement the fairs. When they were ended, the smaller fairs quit growing. Fairbury has the track,, Mclean countu has a captive audience in Bloomington. Without the track, Fairbury would be just like Ford county fair in Melvin, an afterthought. Another example is in FC, their fair has gone down hill as revenue from the track has dried up. Comparing the fair pre/post track doesn't work as society has changed. The fair used to be THE social event of the year for many. People took mid week baths and dressed up like church to attend.
    Try again. You offer no credible evidence that the Fairbury Fair would end if the small racetrack ceased to be in existence. As I said before, Cullom is still around and it's a much smaller community than Fairbury and no racetrack in sight to subsidize it. You have no way of knowing if the FF would fold without the small track and definitely have no way of proving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    We sometimes make things harder than they really are. If that first farmer don't like the idea, offer that cash cow to the next one down the road. Some one will see the value of thousands of people with cash in their pockets coming to your place, but there is no free lunch, you will have to clean up after.
    Cash cow? LOL! I'm betting you've done little more than set foot on a working farm.

We nominate you to go to the owner/operator of the farm you speak of and sell your idea to him or her and maybe some liability insurance, too. Let us know what he or she says. LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by cdustyr1 View Post
    They bring out the beach balls at the Chili Bowl every year and there is more of them every year. They become a pain in the ass after a short while. If they bounce near our group they become deflated in a minute or less. A thumb tack strategically secured in the palm of the hand does the trick and usually no one knows where the small hole came from. Even if they know what caused the deflation's they don't bounce them our way again. LOL!!