Default Great Track Prep at the North/South!

If Josh King keeps putting on shows like that he'll start being mentioned with the likes of track prep greats Sarge and Helfrich! All lf the Florence Speedway nay-sayers have been pretty quiet today. Last night's race will be talked about for years to come. That just goes to show how hard work can produce great racing. A lot of promoters can learn a lot from tracks like Florence. Track prep starts on Monday, not the day of the race.

North-South never disappoints 5 of the last 10 have had lead changes in the last 10 laps

Only way that happens is with a track you can race top to bottom on

I thought Thursday night was GREAT! Friday night was terrible, and quite frankly, Saturday night was terrible, sure, there were 7 exciting laps at the end, however n my opinion, that doesn't make up for the 93 laps of boring racing.... JMO

Every lap is not going to be a barn burner. Those guys ride around for 75 laps or so, so they can be there at the end. Great racing Florence Speedway!

Quote Originally Posted by superstock79 View Post
    I thought Thursday night was GREAT! Friday night was terrible, and quite frankly, Saturday night was terrible, sure, there were 7 exciting laps at the end, however n my opinion, that doesn't make up for the 93 laps of boring racing.... JMO
    They were using every inch of the racetrack, what else can you ask for? That is all that racetracks can do, provide a racetrack that gives the fans the opportunity to see a good race. The rest is up to the drivers. Did you ignore the frantic battle for third for the entire race and the constant 3-wide throughout the pack? You should watch more than just the first 2 cars.

Most of the complaining on this board was about weekly racing at Florence. It can be very hit and miss, IMO.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

Great weekend of racing! The King family do a great job each and every year for the North/South Weekend. Track was good all three nights in my opinion. Some thought needs to go into the camping at the track if this race continues to grow. Maybe an area just for camping, with some limited hookups. The track has made improvements each and every year for the last several years. I would put Florence in the same sentence with Eldora, as far as racing goes, if not a little better over the past five or six years. Keep up the Good Work, King family!! If you do, you will be building new stands!!

Do you guys think it was all prep, or was the tire rule and format helping to avoid the rubber down thing Florence used to have. There was a time, I wouldn't have paid a nickel to see a farrie boat sink, much less go to the NS. It's looking like a race not to miss now days.

The "black ice" from top to bottom still made for some good racing. The one snoozer I remember was the one I believe Bart Hartman won. One lane in the middle

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    Do you guys think it was all prep, or was the tire rule and format helping to avoid the rubber down thing Florence used to have. There was a time, I wouldn't have paid a nickel to see a farrie boat sink, much less go to the NS. It's looking like a race not to miss now days.
    Format helps more than anything.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

My 2nd North/South...both last 2 years. Will be renewing our top row backstretch seats for next years N/S! One of my top 3 favorite races to attend yearly, now.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Format helps more than anything.
    It helps the heats for sure, but keep in mind that Florence never tore the track up until 3 or 4 years ago when they got the big tractor and rotary harrow. Now they dig it up pretty often during N/S weekend. In fact, the first year they used it before the feature it was a choo-choo around the cushion because they watered it too much. Ever since then it's been great every year.

I didnt like the thursday nite format .... The track went dry half way thru quals & the last half cars got screwed IMO .... I thought the passing points way gave each drive a fair shake on making the race on friday & saturday ....Maybe dont run the mods next year & just run Lm with passing points ....Starting on time would be nice for those of us that worked friday ... Food was great & so was the racing ... Great effort on the florence speedway crew ....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    It helps the heats for sure, but keep in mind that Florence never tore the track up until 3 or 4 years ago when they got the big tractor and rotary harrow. Now they dig it up pretty often during N/S weekend. In fact, the first year they used it before the feature it was a choo-choo around the cushion because they watered it too much. Ever since then it's been great every year.
    If they would just do that weekly too.

I've got to tip my hat to the crew at Florence! Insanely good racing through the field each and every lap in the Modified feature as well as the North South 100! What a finish it was, maybe the best race I've ever seen....in a while atleast!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    The spring and fall 50 races are good indicators that it's the Lucas tire rule that makes the racing as good as it is. Weekly shows, as MB racer said can be very hit or miss on the other hand. It seems when Josh needs to put on a show, he can do just that.