Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Rocket air shocks

Saw this ad today... just curious if anyone knows anything about it... has it been approved by the sanctioning bodies yet??

I can't get the attatchment to work so here's the link:
    https://m.facebook.com/rocketchassis...48&__tn__=EH-R
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pa_dirt; 08-22-2017 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pa_dirt View Post
    Saw this ad today... just curious if anyone knows anything about it... has it been approved by the sanctioning bodies yet??
    Council voted to ban it months ago, but powers that be seemed to have made them change their minds since the rules where supposed to be out months ago but as usual WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR ANYTHING TO HAPPEN!

BTW your pic don't work

It sounds like next year they will be banned. This hasn't been a secret to anyone that has been in and around the tracks all year, they just weren't available. I'll be curious to see if penske lets their cat out of the bag now.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 08-22-2017 at 06:50 PM.

Run street shocks!!!!

Well....... This should be good.

The simple answer is, this is just the next thing, in a long list of things, they guys at the top are trying to do, to keep the left rear planted while you are trying to flip the car over entering the corner. Putting physical weight on the left rear, the "Rumley device", Penske's FRIC inerters and the never ending next best 4 way adjustable canister shock package. It's the battle of the Heavyweight's working hard to make improvements on their product. JMO.

Fox has had these air shocks for years they have used them on snow mobiles . Available has never been a problem. Colman has had an air spring for a long time as well no one really caught on. Now they have combined the 2 and it's the wave of the future.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Trail-Gear/542...SABEgK1XfD_BwE
    Shocks by BGR army

Quote Originally Posted by Cast-Iron-Junkie View Post
    Well....... This should be good. The simple answer is, this is just the next thing, in a long list of things, they guys at the top are trying to do, to keep the left rear planted while you are trying to flip the car over entering the corner. Putting physical weight on the left rear, the "Rumley device", Penske's FRIC inerters and the never ending next best 4 way adjustable canister shock package. It's the battle of the Heavyweight's working hard to make improvements on their product. JMO.
    Cast iron I am in no way a late model set up guy as I was into modifieds but thats what I was thinking how these guys get drive off the corners with the way they grossly make them lay over on the right front literally pulling the lr off the ground...it goes against basic geometry of race setups for the past 50 years...also how do these guys keep the rf sticking in a long race running on the inside edge of the tire with the ridiculous camber they run...
    Last edited by Illtsate32; 08-22-2017 at 09:39 PM.

SLM costs are out of control.

Cost are out of control under the hood of the late model due to that $54,000 hunk of aluminum. That air shock under the deck isn't a blow to the budget. They have been around for years and are readily avaliable for use on snowmobile, motorcycles, rock crawler ect... I don't know what Rocket is charging for them but other racing industry companies are selling them for far less than the regular Integra and penske shocks. Cheaper than the shocks on the other 3 corners of the car.

Just watch the video from the post above. That company rep stated the are selling them for $450. That is a lot cheaper than the 4 way adjustables that they have been running.

They won't be banned because of the cost like they want you to believe... they will be banned be cause some people won't have the knowledge or the will to learn how to make them work.

INNOVATION IS DEAD IN THIS SPORT.... SAD BECAUSE INNOVATION IS WHAT MADE THIS SPORT.
    Last edited by Hovlane; 08-22-2017 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pa_dirt View Post

I can't get the attatchment to work so here's the link:
    https://m.facebook.com/rocketchassis...48&__tn__=EH-R
    That stuff is supposed to be approved before it is run. But, here we are in year #2 and they just bolt them on and roll with it.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

Has anyone else noticed since the introduction of this air shock deal the increase in late models flipping?
    Coincidence?? Hmm.........

Quote Originally Posted by ClampedUp View Post
    Has anyone else noticed since the introduction of this air shock deal the increase in late models flipping?
    Has nothing to do with it. There are a lot of factors going into why cars are flipping more.

I think that has to do more with the attitude of cars nowadays more than the shocks. Having the rf pinned down, and the lr hiked up is more to blame there.

Thumbs down Pseudo-Wedgy

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    Run street shocks!!!!
    This is "Super" late model, not street stock.

They've been flipping since Skip Arp and Joe Garrison put everyone, "On The Hook" back in 98'. All this Teeter-Totter with high center of gravity and you get flips, concussions, entrapment's and lots of broken parts and pieces. No to mention the crazy expensive powerplants needed to push the, "Pseudo-Wedge" thru the air. The whole setup to make it go, is a series of crutches and band-aides. To me they look like those models posing FDAU. Complex does not equal sophisticated. JMO.
    Last edited by Highwayman; 08-23-2017 at 10:24 AM.
    I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive

The difference between the roll center and center of gravity height is the main cause of bicycling or flipping and a nose that is just a inch from becoming a scoop shovel are the causes.

The greater the distance from roll center and center of gravity height, directs force down on the right side tires instead of sideways. This is great for hook until the car becomes a pole vaulter. Hook the right side tires and the rest of the car goes over the top. The trick is hooking those tires as much as possible with out bicycling. Hope this helps to eplain it. One other thing, is areo down force or lack of it when you don't have clean air. Downforce helps to keep from bicycling, but when ou don't have it, it became easier to go over.

They have made them lock down so much more into the track, and be built more for the slick. To me, that's why there is more flips. They have too much traction for the tacky tracks, and if there's ruts, and they hit one wrong, it gets ugly at times.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

remember 5 years ago when the biggest threat to DLM racing was a $20 can of tire prep?

Quote Originally Posted by tb1545 View Post
    remember 5 years ago when the biggest threat to DLM racing was a $20 can of tire prep?
    It's a major health crisis........
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    It's a major health crisis........
    I should be dead then!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

To hear some apologists, we all should be dead........it's the entire reason tire prep is forbidden......our health!!!
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????