Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DipStik View Post
    I think some are seeing it as they're taking more then just 20 laps away. Like if the World was the World 80.
    Luckily, this is just a wannabe big race at a sprint car venue so it really isn't a huge deal.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    Knoxville is one track where you can flat foot it, and most others you can't. They have a choice, in the gas or finish the race. You have to finish to win. Some don't get that, now Knoxville and Lucas oil seem to have joined that group.
    I heard a driver say this last year. He said it's way more wide open than any track he has been on, including Eldora. If you're off the throttle, you're losing major ground.

I'd much rather see it cut to 80 than a fuel stop too.

For all the money I spend to go to Knoxville, tickets, camping, gas, food, etc.......I go there to see a hundred lap race. Would t care if they stopped once for fuel. However, this is all bs. Eldora is a hundred laps of hammer down with no fuel stop. I cancelled my vacation and am going to the world instead. I crave 100 laps or nothing.

These series like WOO and Lucas needs to start making better decisions because they are killing the sport one stupid idea after another. The logical step for Knoxville would have been..... if we run x amount of caution laps we will stop for teams to add 5 gal of fuel... nothing else. If they didn't run x amount of caution laps no need to worry about fuel stop. No Fans Upset. Now it is another reason for fans not to attend. The people that are in charge of Knoxville Raceway should be mad. 100 Lap Knoxville Nationals. So what if they have to get fuel... Sprint Cars do it every year. And I really don't get how it changes the race.....if caution is already out then how is adding 5 gal going to change out come of race?

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I heard a driver say this last year. He said it's way more wide open than any track he has been on, including Eldora. If you're off the throttle, you're losing major ground.

I'd much rather see it cut to 80 than a fuel stop too.

Loosing major ground to a car that is going to run out of fuel, means nothing. Kville is a momentum track, you can keep momentum with less throttle than to get it back after scrubbing it off in the corners.

Kville is one of a couple track in the country, that is held in highest esteem, by racers and fans that have been there. It is the best prepped track in the country. If your fast and smart, you can win. If your not, ask them to shorten the race.

Lucas is starting to act like WOO. First the Jackson 100 debacle now this. Best racing talent in the country but not so sure about the powers that be. You can't tell me that they could not have made up that Icebreaker on another date. Thursday before the Jackson just like they did the Latham at Florence last year. Still could have had their 2 day Jackson 100 paying 20K instead of 15K. Plenty of other dates were open also.
    Anyway, back to the point, I don't like this decision in Knoxville.
    Scott Kleindorfer

Cool Not in the habit of.........but

I understand that this is one person's opinion, but.....Wow, Schwaille and McCoy! What a lame decision this is. So, instead of making the winner earn it in 100 green flag laps, this is your bright idea? In the press release, it states, "after careful consideration". WHAT?!?! Are you listening only to the drivers? It's obvious that you didn't consult any fans. I'm sure careful consideration could've hatched a better idea than this.

For those of us that attend Knoxville, we love it because it's an ALL OUT TEST of everything the driver, team and car have in order to win it. This race should be 100 GREEN FLAG laps. The Saturday portion of the program is already a little thin as it is. Besides, this is a crown jewel, right? Geez, figure out something better than this.

Go 18!!
    Last edited by slydejob18; 09-01-2017 at 12:28 PM.

Good God snowflakes stop wining, if you don't like it don't go! Knoxville is a special track like the IL Springfield mile. They are unique and the requirements are different. So you feel cheated for $35 you only see B mains and an 80 lap, you probably need a 100 to drink more beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    Knoxville is one track where you can flat foot it, and most others you can't. They have a choice, in the gas or finish the race. You have to finish to win. Some don't get that, now Knoxville and Lucas oil seem to have joined that group.
    Guys can and do flatfoot PPMS, too, and I've seen alchy cars run 100 laps with no issue there.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Guys can and do flatfoot PPMS, too, and I've seen alchy cars run 100 laps with no issue there.
    I have been to both.... PPMS not close to same size as Knoxville. PPMS has way shorter straightaways.

Gosh every one gets so hostile by one comment lol

Quote Originally Posted by slydejob18 View Post
    I understand that this is one person's opinion, but.....Wow, Schwaille and McCoy! What a lame decision this is. So, instead of making the winner earn it in 100 green flag laps, this is your bright idea? In the press release, it states, "after careful consideration". WHAT?!?! Are you listening only to the drivers? It's obvious that you didn't consult any fans. I'm sure careful consideration could've hatched a better idea than this.

For those of us that attend Knoxville, we love it because it's an ALL OUT TEST of everything the driver, team and car have in order to win it. This race should be 100 GREEN FLAG laps. The Saturday portion of the program is already a little thin as it is. Besides, this is a crown jewel, right? Geez, figure out something better than this.

Go 18!!
    Last I knew, it was the drivers who are driving these cars , not the keyboard warriors. If the drivers are for this shorter distance because of the fuel issue, so am I....

Quote Originally Posted by onlyfacts View Post
    I have been to both.... PPMS not close to same size as Knoxville. PPMS has way shorter straightaways.
    They're both slightly larger than a half mile. And as mentioned previously in this thread, WVMS was da*n near a 3/4 and they never had fuel problems there for 100 laps.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I 80's race is very good and it's not 100 laps. I'm just happy to have this race in my back yard.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    They're both slightly larger than a half mile. And as mentioned previously in this thread, WVMS was da*n near a 3/4 and they never had fuel problems there for 100 laps.
    Josh, you are da man when it comes to racing knowledge about Dirt late models and Dirt big block modifieds, but you are WRONG about this.

There was a 4m member a while back when google earth became the thing to do when it came to size of tracks. He measured the size of 21 tracks. I do not know if he did the top of the tracks or the bottom of the tracks or both and took the average. but he did them all the same so they are all relative to one another. Here are some of them.

West Virginia 54
    Williams Grove 51
    Knoxville 51
    Belleville 50
    PMS 48
    Eldora 44
    Wythe 43
    Volusia 42
    Rome 33
    Bulls Gap 29
    Beckley 25
    Tazewell 24

They should have done this months ago instead of weeks before the event, however if I was planning on going I dont think 20 laps would change my mind. There have been different sizes, shapes etc of fuel cells for years, but the most popular size before the new rules was 32 gal. I dont know how many gallons are lost with the foam, but the new cells are 30 gal before foam is added so what they could do at some places a couple years ago they couldn't today.

Good decision IMO

They should run 100 laps. The fuel cell volumes should not be reduced either. People drive large distances often for the reason of seeing a 100 lap race. If I were going I would definetely change my mind and not go over this issue.

With all of the race shortening that has already eliminated 100 lap races, this move could have a snowball affect if successful. Other promoters will take note and shorten their races.

If they can't afford to drive just 50 miles of green flag racing then things have gotten into a sorry state.

Locally a race got rained out in March for $10,000 to win and they are going to make it up with a $7,000 to win race with only 30 laps. I will not support these reductions any longer. As long as they get away with it, then it will continue to get worse. Before you know it 50 laps will be the max.

IMO they are making a bad mistake and short changing the fans is not the answer.

Sounds like a conspiracy to me. The GOAT usually starts to slow down and get passed the last 20 laps. I say Dipstick is behind it. This just in. kid rocket, owens, pierce, Madden all are asking the officials the same thing. We never run out of fuel ?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Sounds like a conspiracy to me. The GOAT usually starts to slow down and get passed the last 20 laps. I say Dipstick is behind it. This just in. kid rocket, owens, pierce, Madden all are asking the officials the same thing. We never run out of fuel ?
    I believe Richards ran out last year.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2