Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bullittwrench View Post
    Bigger fuel cells? Do you remember Charlie Floyd? No freakin way!
    So you think the, "size" of his fuel cell caused what happened... I think that is a stretch my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by racer x16 View Post
    Then smaller motor that more effecient
    Smaller uses less, but also drive a little smarter, don't go full on too soon and it is a strategy I can see working. Reducing the laps now means Big $$$ HP will once again be paramount to winning there as you can just go FULL BORE from the drop of the green. Its just the nature of our culture now, cater to the ones with the biggest check book and simultaneously pushing more guys out with every little change. I suppose I'll just go fiddle while Rome continues to burn, the powers that be can throw on another log or two.
    I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive

Quote Originally Posted by bullittwrench View Post
    Bigger fuel cells? Do you remember Charlie Floyd? No freakin way!
    I have still never seen a cause for his fire. But fuel was leaking. It had zero to do with capacity. 32 gallon cells used to be very common. Now we are at 28 or less usually. A
    With an ignited leak, those 4 gallons don't matter.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

Good decision. Fuel probably wasn't the only reason, I bet that track is hard on motors.

Do the words, Bait and switch, mean anything to you? Kville and Lucas don't know anything now that they didn't know in February. They should have made the call then, before they sold tickets and cheated the buyers out of 20 laps. Is Knoxville giving cash refunds for tickets bought for a 100 lap race? I never expected anything like this out of Knoxville.

My guess would be that the drivers and LOLMS are behind this and Knoxville went along. It's the latest example of the conflict between what the race teams want versus what the fans want. There is much discussion presently regarding the health of dirt racing in the country. To me one of the biggest obstacles is fans and race teams often being at odds over what makes a good race. Back to Knoxville, their choice for the future is to go unsanctioned and have Lucas schedule an event on top of them that pulls the top teams away from the Knoxville event or go along with Lucas. Tough decision.

Quote Originally Posted by kazual View Post
    My guess would be that the drivers and LOLMS are behind this and Knoxville went along. It's the latest example of the conflict between what the race teams want versus what the fans want. There is much discussion presently regarding the health of dirt racing in the country. To me one of the biggest obstacles is fans and race teams often being at odds over what makes a good race. Back to Knoxville, their choice for the future is to go unsanctioned and have Lucas schedule an event on top of them that pulls the top teams away from the Knoxville event or go along with Lucas. Tough decision.
    Very good suspicion. You might have nailed it.

Lucasquist series at it again pathetic really pathetic
    But the roadies follow them like Gods, go figure!!

Quote Originally Posted by kazual View Post
    Best post on this thread. Knoxville is in a tough position here. However the conflict of what the race teams want and what the fans want, this is also a tough one to call. I am a fan. My choice is pay the price of admission or do not go. If enough fans are so upset about this shorter distance and choose to not go, then their will eventually be no Knoxville late model nationals. Is that what we as fans really want???

This is one of the Highest paying events of the whole season and it takes a lot of $$ to keep these bad a$$ super late models teams in business. If we as fans want to eventually kill super late model racing, do not go and support another form of racing

Are there any 80 lap Crown jewels?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    Are there any 80 lap Crown jewels?
    If you wanna count the Silver Dollar Nationals, then yes. But they also have 2 sets of heats at 12 laps a piece.

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post
    If you wanna count the Silver Dollar Nationals, then yes. But they also have 2 sets of heats at 12 laps a piece.
    Knoxville has 2 preliminary 30 lap features that pay $7,000 each to win.

Quote Originally Posted by NY DIRT View Post
    Knoxville has 2 preliminary 30 lap features that pay $7,000 each to win.
    I know......

If car count keeps dropping at this race they may have to add a support class. Great race year in and year out though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bforwarned View Post
    If car count keeps dropping at this race they may have to add a support class. Great race year in and year out though.
    The last 5 years.....

Ever since Lucas came on board as the sanction. The car count has been plus 60 every year. I went those few years it was unsanctioned and it was barely in the 50s.

The only reason they haven't had a D main is because of number of scratches by Saturday night. The car count has dipped alittle because they number of guys that shouldn't really be there have stopped going. I would be in favor of adding a class on Saturday night but make it an invite only deal of 20 cars. 2 heats and an A feature.

IMO, it'll be right around the 70 mark this year.

[QUOTE=NY DIRT;2133374]Knoxville has 2 preliminary 30 lap features that pay $7,000 each to win.[/QUOTE

If they reduced those two to 25 laps after the tickets where sold, I'd bet there would be complaining about it too. This is about selling you one thing and giving you something different. They simply cheated the paying customer. Even those that did not order tickets got screwed. They invested in Motels and took vacation. Knoxville didn't show much respect for their paying customers. It would be a different situation is they shortened the race before they sold tickets or when they started advertising the race. you could make up your mind before you bought tickets, if you wanted to pay for a lesser show or not. This way, they stole something from you. It shows a lack of forethought or a lack of respect. Make it right keep it at 100 laps and change it for next years if that is what you want to do. No fuel stops. Only a couple ran out last year. I bet they would hae conserved enough to finish if they knew that going in. The 100 laps rewards the smart racer. The 80 laps rewards the rich racer. Of course they are rich, They could afford to buy the rules.

Who was doing the complaining the drivers I never heard any fans whining, is this an example of the nuts (drivers) running the asylum?

Like has been said you have the world 100 everything else is practice
    You are insulting every race track in the nation and have no grounds in doing so.

Best post on this thread. Knoxville is in a tough position here. However the conflict of what the race teams want and what the fans want, this is also a tough one to call. I am a fan. My choice is pay the price of admission or do not go. If enough fans are so upset about this shorter distance and choose to not go, then their will eventually be no Knoxville late model nationals. Is that what we as fans really want???

This is one of the Highest paying events of the whole season and it takes a lot of $$ to keep these bad a$$ super late models teams in business. If we as fans want to eventually kill super late model racing, do not go and support another form of racing
    But if they get away with this cut it will snowball and will that hurt attendance in the long run?

Back in the old NDRA days wasn't every race on their schedule 100 laps?

Where do these cuts finally stop?

I personally would not even consider going to this race now, and I can't be alone. Sorry to see this mistake happen and there may be a price to pay for the drivers soon.

Was this race ever advertised as a 100 lapper?

[QUOTE=Bubstr;2133413]
    Knoxville has 2 preliminary 30 lap features that pay $7,000 each to win.[/QUOTE

If they reduced those two to 25 laps after the tickets where sold, I'd bet there would be complaining about it too. This is about selling you one thing and giving you something different. They simply cheated the paying customer. Even those that did not order tickets got screwed. They invested in Motels and took vacation. Knoxville didn't show much respect for their paying customers. It would be a different situation is they shortened the race before they sold tickets or when they started advertising the race. you could make up your mind before you bought tickets, if you wanted to pay for a lesser show or not. This way, they stole something from you. It shows a lack of forethought or a lack of respect. Make it right keep it at 100 laps and change it for next years if that is what you want to do. No fuel stops. Only a couple ran out last year. I bet they would hae conserved enough to finish if they knew that going in. The 100 laps rewards the smart racer. The 80 laps rewards the rich racer. Of course they are rich, They could afford to buy the rules.
    Yep, you are right. they stole from you. auto racing is nothing but a big rip off. Do not go to any more auto races. Spend your money on something you will not have anything to complain about..