Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    The popo put the hammer on the party life several years ago. Some one got hit on the highway a few years ago, and ever since then, they shut down the party life early now. I think an hour or 2 after the race is over. They got a name for it but I forget it now.

This is coming from a guy that hasn't even cracked a can of beer or bottle open at Eldora. A part of me misses it, and a part of me don't. I miss the parties for obiouvs reasons (.)(.)
    I was there when that person got hit. An eery sound.
    Haven't been out for about four years. Just decided that we were driving too far and passing up on race specials closer to home. But I hitched a ride with some friends this year. Instrested to see what changed.
    Far as partying goes, I think the take over from Earl to Tony changed more than just the track.

And to the OP, the party is where you make it!

I know I was there in 1999 but I don't ever remember Steve Francis winning The World 100???? When Bloomer got the flat tire in 1998, is that when the tire came completely off the rim and shot up in the air? Trying to remember this stuff.
    Last edited by Duke100; 09-06-2017 at 09:52 AM.

We still have a pretty good turn out of drivers and fans in our campsite on Friday night. Cops don't say much to us.
    T3G-Never Forget Always Remember

Quote Originally Posted by Duke100 View Post
    I know I was there in 1999 but I don't ever remember Steve Francis winning The World 100???? When Bloomer got the flat tire in 19998, is that when the tire came completely off the rim and shot up in the air. Trying to remember this stuff.
    I don't think it was that year. That was the year Steve unloaded the car, and didn't have the stops down on the ramp.THUD.....it hit the ground. Luckily it didn't bend anything up but the rear bumper, and some metal. I'm thinking he pretty much led it flag to flag. That was a very good year for Steve.

We had just left the grandstands following the Indy 500 in May of 2016. An Indiana State Trooper was controlling pedestrian and auto traffic at an intersection near The Speedway. One of these idiots with a belly full of liquid smartass/courage disobeyed the Trooper and crossed the street stepping between two buses in the process. It took the Trooper right at 3 seconds to get the drunken smartass face down on the sidewalk and cuffed. The Trooper got an ovation from the crowd that was waiting to cross the street. He told the drunken smartass to set on the grass berm and stay put 'till another Trooper came to get him. At that point the drunken smartass was more than ready to comply and at the same time he had tears welling up in his eyes. That Trooper took all the badass out of the drunken smartass in just 3 seconds! We asked the Trooper what that little foray was going to cost the drunken smartass. The Trooper said about 6 hours of his time and around $100. LOLOL!!

Moral of the story is this, if drunken smartasses were universally dealt with is such a way most all public events would be far more enjoyable for everyone and much less costly and painful for the drunken smartasses.

Some folks are smartasses way before they drink. Unfortunately you can't stop them from drinking and then have to be delt with. Great job to the men and women in uniform who ruin there fun!!!

CIRF why are you so triggered by people who have a few too many...you must have been directly effected by it...yes they are ignorant but they make it less enjoyable for you?? Dang man you see someone acting ignorant you say look at that idiot and go back to enjoying the race..dont know why you are so hung up on it....

You talk like its an epidemic...never been to the world but I went to the dream last year and I didnt see anything like what you are talking about...

Quote Originally Posted by wise1126 View Post
    I have been going to the World 100 for the last 6 years and it used to be a great exciting party, I stay in the Speedy campgrounds and the party has been non-existent the last 3 years, its like staying at a senior citizens campgrounds. Is the party still going on at Eldora or am I staying in the wrong camping area? If I am in the wrong area where do I need to be for the party and the ladies?? Fellow race fans please chime in!
    The party you are looking for happened last weekend in Chillicothe: EZ Riders Rodeo
    Grumpy old dirt track fan. Anti-Sanction. Anti-Social. Anti-Media. Anti-SocialMedia. Anti-Climatic.

I was done with Eldora after I saw a guy peeing from the roof on the front stretch....

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    CIRF why are you so triggered by people who have a few too many...you must have been directly effected by it...yes they are ignorant but they make it less enjoyable for you?? Dang man you see someone acting ignorant you say look at that idiot and go back to enjoying the race..dont know why you are so hung up on it....
    Having a few too many doesn't trigger me or those in our group. It's when you combine the few too many with inconsiderate, disrespectful ass holes that go out of their way as to make it impossible to ignore them. It's entirely possible to have a few too many without being a public nuisance. I know, I've done it a couple of times my own self.

You talk like its an epidemic...never been to the world but I went to the dream last year and I didnt see anything like what you are talking about...
    I'm not saying it's epidemic, I'm saying that it's much more prevalent and seemingly much more accepted as normal behavior. That's why the Trooper got an ovation over at Indy. It's very satisfying and somewhat fun to watch some drunken ignoramus get some much needed comeuppance.

The thing with any good party is that it's a great time until the word gets out and the amateurs show up. At that point it becomes a pain in the rump for the hosts and that's when the fun police show up. I haven't ever been to Eldora, but I'm guessing that there are plenty of good times to be had partying as long as it doesn't get out of hand, which makes them harder to find.

That doesn't answer the question for the OP, but my suggestion would be to walk around, talk to people, make some friends and eventually you'll find the birds of your feather. It always seems to work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Having a few too many doesn't trigger me or those in our group. It's when you combine the few too many with inconsiderate, disrespectful ass holes that go out of their way as to make it impossible to ignore them. It's entirely possible to have a few too many without being a public nuisance. I know, I've done it a couple of times my own self.I'm not saying it's epidemic, I'm saying that it's much more prevalent and seemingly much more accepted as normal behavior. That's why the Trooper got an ovation over at Indy. It's very satisfying and somewhat fun to watch some drunken ignoramus get some much needed comeuppance.
    I agree with you bud..there was a guy just a few weeks ago at tri city who was acting belligerent a few rows down like it wasnt enough to just be drinking he wanted to be seen and heard..but even with all that I would not avoid attending a race because of them...they usually get dealt with accordingly...by somebody police or not lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wells Racing Photos View Post
    I was done with Eldora after I saw a guy peeing from the roof on the front stretch....
    Cmon r u serious? R u trollin us? Lmao

Earls last year in 04 dudes were peeing off the sides and back of the turn 1 bleachers, it was pathetic. I pi$$ed numerous times at various events but this crap was uncalled for. WRP is not lying.

I remember that year as I think it was the year Dan schieper won

I agree with you bud..there was a guy just a few weeks ago at tri city who was acting belligerent a few rows down like it wasnt enough to just be drinking he wanted to be seen and heard..but even with all that I would not avoid attending a race because of them...they usually get dealt with accordingly...by somebody police or not lol
    Illtsate32, we are in complete agreement on all counts. Like you, I've yet to decline to attend a racing event because of $hit heads but they still can sometimes degrade from the overall experience.

We stopped attending the World Hundred over a decade ago but it wasn't due to stinky drunken fools. We may again attend the World since we still renew the very same tickets that we first bought way back in 1984. It won't be this year but maybe someday. Some close friends buy our tickets every year with the knowledge that we may want to use them again sometime.

For the past 10 years in lieu of the World we opt for the 4 Crown at Eldora 2 weeks later. We seem to enjoy it much more.

The Dream and the World are not the same.

I've had two or three different guys ask my wife if she wanted beads, she was wearing a regular racing shirt, nothing slutty.

Watched a drunk ignorant hillbilly tough guy pick on a 15 yr old kid. Kid was looking at him because he was acting like a complete a$$hole. So with his moonshine courage he decided to pick on him. Kids Dad did the smart thing and went and got the Sherriffs, and d!psh!t and his dumb women, poof.

Numerous morons when leaving who won't even let people cross in front of their cars. Literally would hit you. Like there's a big fukin hurry to sit on 118 for an hour.

I do applaud Tony for upping the police presence and actually having traffic directed.

I go and will continue to go. But there is no shortage of ignorant fuktards.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    The popo put the hammer on the party life several years ago. Some one got hit on the highway a few years ago, and ever since then, they shut down the party life early now. I think an hour or 2 after the race is over. They got a name for it but I forget it now.

This is coming from a guy that hasn't even cracked a can of beer or bottle open at Eldora. A part of me misses it, and a part of me don't. I miss the parties for obiouvs reasons (.)(.)
    How bad they get hurt Zach?
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.