Lightbulb Remind me, why are we in Afghanistan?

So if I remember correctly, some 16 years ago we have a massive false flag event. Many planes are crashed, 3 buildings are brought down and 1 is selectively damaged by the worst pilot in the attackers group, some how he manages to pull off a 380 degree maneuver at over 600 MPH, mere feet from the ground so awe inspiring no experienced pilot has ever been able to duplicate it in the simulator. The resulting destruction kills the entire accounting department investigating the "Trillions" misplaced by the CIA at the pentagon(bad luck). The event proves so horrific that the president declares war on a noun(terrorism) and even though the majority of the accused perpetrators are from Saudi Arabia and their leader is an elderly man, rumored to be hiding in a cave in Afghanistan, we opt to invade Iraq instead. Makes perfect sense. To help sell the public on vacationing in Iraq, they tell us the iraq leader was FB friends with the terrorists and he has some WMD's he plans to destroy us with too. So we storm in and topple their government and send the whole place in chaos and after a thorough search and after pillaging their national museum we find nothing incriminating, but still opt to execute their leader.

Next, since we were in the neighborhood anyway we invade their neighbor, looking for the evil elderly man hiding in a cave. For several years we can't find him, but he routinely gives interviews to the press and oddly grows younger as time passes. Finely something goes our way after nearly a decade of pursuit and we find the evil old man in a condo in a completely different country. Supposedly he is killed in the arrest attempt and we dump his body in the ocean, hindering any inquiries. So now we are several more years into the worlds biggest most expensive snipe hunt and I can't for the life of me figure out why we are still there or why we went to begin with.

I'm not unpatriotic and I'm not a liberal or a progressive, but I'm starting to think our country is monumentally safer than we are led to believe and that perhaps all this war on terror, homeland security, TSA and extreme defense spending is merely theft and that these so called "attacks" and "demonstrations" are nothing more than propaganda and a show put on to distract us from our liberties being hijacked and stolen away.

Now it seems ISIS is funded and trained by us too, just like the other camel jockey groups roaming around cutting of each others heads. So who is the enemy we are fighting? What does victory look like? Where does it end?
    Last edited by Highwayman; 08-25-2017 at 11:15 AM.
    I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive

Because Russia couldn't get it done in Afghanistan either?

Figured we could get it done?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
    So if I remember correctly, some 16 years ago we have a massive false flag event. Many planes are crashed, 3 buildings are brought down and 1 is selectively damaged by the worst pilot in the attackers group, some how he manages to pull off a 380 degree maneuver at over 600 MPH, mere feet from the ground so awe inspiring no experienced pilot has ever been able to duplicate it in the simulator. The resulting destruction kills the entire accounting department investigating the "Trillions" misplaced by the CIA at the pentagon(bad luck). The event proves so horrific that the president declares war on a noun(terrorism) and even though the majority of the accused perpetrators are from Saudi Arabia and their leader is an elderly man, rumored to be hiding in a cave in Afghanistan, we opt to invade Iraq instead. Makes perfect sense. To help sell the public on vacationing in Iraq, they tell us the iraq leader was FB friends with the terrorists and he has some WMD's he plans to destroy us with too. So we storm in and topple their government and send the whole place in chaos and after a thorough search and after pillaging their national museum we find nothing incriminating, but still opt to execute their leader.

Next, since we were in the neighborhood anyway we invade their neighbor, looking for the evil elderly man hiding in a cave. For several years we can't find him, but he routinely gives interviews to the press and oddly grows younger as time passes. Finely something goes our way after nearly a decade of pursuit and we find the evil old man in a condo in a completely different country. Supposedly he is killed in the arrest attempt and we dump his body in the ocean, hindering any inquiries. So now we are several more years into the worlds biggest most expensive snipe hunt and I can't for the life of me figure out why we are still there or why we went to begin with.

I'm not unpatriotic and I'm not a liberal or a progressive, but I'm starting to think our country is monumentally safer than we are led to believe and that perhaps all this war on terror, homeland security, TSA and extreme defense spending is merely theft and that these so called "attacks" and "demonstrations" are nothing more than propaganda and a show put on to distract us from our liberties being hijacked and stolen away.

Now it seems ISIS is funded and trained by us too, just like the other camel jockey groups roaming around cutting of each others heads. So who is the enemy we are fighting? What does victory look like? Where does it end?
    Very well written post btw.....

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post

Were still there because Obummer turned this war into a game of "rules against engagement. Therefore it served his purpose of only draining the economy and building the deficit. Congress has done nothing to actually win this war. Either get-r-done or get out!!!

We are still there because they have resources to exploit and if we don't follow thru Russia or China will.

Bad part is US doesnt get any benefits no matter what yet we pay for all military/overhead costs.

What are these resources that we are exploiting? Opium poppies? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    What are these resources that we are exploiting? Opium poppies? lol
    If that is true... why are we having a war on opiods for? More smoke and mirrors?
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/07/2...-deposits.html

"Feinberg was born to an American Jewish family[3][4] and raised in The Bronx, New York. When aged eight, his family moved to Spring Valley, New York,[5] a suburb of New York City. His father was a steel salesman.[5] He attended Princeton University and graduated with a degree in politics in 1982.[6] While there, he captained the tennis team and joined the Reserve Officer Training Corps"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerb...tal_Management

"Real estate—Through investment affiliate Cerberus Real Estate, the company has been making direct equity, mezzanine, first mortgage, distressed and special situation investments in all asset types. Cerberus also has a minority stake in Miami Beach-based LNR Property, a large real estate development and investment firm through subsidiary Riley Property. "
    Last edited by balljoint; 09-15-2017 at 11:41 PM.

and the poppies....

It is not a war to be won. Like Vietnam.

Why did Bush attack Afghanistan to begin with?

Quote Originally Posted by balljoint View Post
    It is not a war to be won. Like Vietnam.

Why did Bush attack Afghanistan to begin with?
    Maybe the biggest reason this war is so difficult to win its the fact that the enemies run into Pakistan for safety whenever they please, and we can't stop them from aiding the enemy.

like Vietnam and Laos?

It's all about the dope. Since the US arrived on the scene in 2001, opium or heroin production has increased 300%. What's that tell ya
    8/13/16

Good rainy season????

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    It's all about the dope. Since the US arrived on the scene in 2001, opium or heroin production has increased 300%. What's that tell ya
    Bloomer has switched from blow????🤘