Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default UMP and LaSalle?

Since Best paid their fine are UMP and LaSalle back in good grace?

No, LaSalle was in trouble for allowing Best Performance to race. Their loss of sanction was a separate punishment from the fine against BPM. Not sure what they would have to do to get a UMP sanction back, but I get the impression they don't even want it.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier race fan View Post
    No, LaSalle was in trouble for allowing Best Performance to race. Their loss of sanction was a separate punishment from the fine against BPM. Not sure what they would have to do to get a UMP sanction back, but I get the impression they don't even want it.
    Why does LaSalle need UMP sanction for?

They don't need UMP, but most of the other tracks in that area are UMP sanctioned. That can create some obstacles to getting cars because a lot of those guys won't run an unsanctioned race or an IMCA race. So their issue now is how do they attract cars without a UMP sanction in an area that is predominantly UMP cars? Personally I think IMCA is a far better sanctioning body, but LaSalle would be outside of the core area for IMCA.

Imca aren't real race cars

You sure? Theres alot of them out there. Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier race fan View Post
    They don't need UMP, but most of the other tracks in that area are UMP sanctioned. That can create some obstacles to getting cars because a lot of those guys won't run an unsanctioned race or an IMCA race. So their issue now is how do they attract cars without a UMP sanction in an area that is predominantly UMP cars? Personally I think IMCA is a far better sanctioning body, but LaSalle would be outside of the core area for IMCA.
    Why not just put same car rules abd other rules as UMP and mars? (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) they probably can tweek the rules a little better than ump.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwd1253 View Post
    Why not just put same car rules abd other rules as UMP and mars? (not a nice wor d)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) they probably can tweek the rules a little better than ump.
    The top cars in the area, run for UMP points and pay off at the end of the year and the summer nationals. UMP seems to be a oppressive sanction and all the Illinois tracks would be better of with out them. The racers pay for the sanction and UMP takes a cut and redistributes it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    The top cars in the area, run for UMP points and pay off at the end of the year and the summer nationals. UMP seems to be a oppressive sanction and all the Illinois tracks would be better of with out them. The racers pay for the sanction and UMP takes a cut and redistributes it back.
    I don't think many cars run for points anymore. this year only unzicker and maybe pierce. lasalle could do it with late model show once a month for $3k - $5k that doesn't overlap ump nights. might be hard to find the night. Plus usually they have a couple of lucas oil shows. Hope the track is able to stay open and do well.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrace View Post
    I don't think many cars run for points anymore. this year only unzicker and maybe pierce. lasalle could do it with late model show once a month for $3k - $5k that doesn't overlap ump nights. might be hard to find the night. Plus usually they have a couple of lucas oil shows. Hope the track is able to stay open and do well.
    I hope it can survive also, but The top cars race UMP points until their chances look bad and they run SN into July. That eats up almost half a season. The majority of the fans come to see the top guys.

Too bad they can't get together with some o the other tracks that are not exactly happy with UMP and set up their own sanction.

Its a shame that Lasalle is in the spot they're in. For years it was a premiere track but now its not about the racing or the fans anymore, the Izzo's, just want the money. Being only an hour and a half from the house I hope they survive but things certainly don't look good.

And they done it themselves

Onoy issue LaSalle will have is UMP scheduling races same weekend so he dont get their cars. Its a lose lose situation for everyone but its going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by kreggie View Post
    Its a shame that Lasalle is in the spot they're in. For years it was a premiere track but now its not about the racing or the fans anymore, the Izzo's, just want the money. Being only an hour and a half from the house I hope they survive but things certainly don't look good.
    I think the fans appreciate that LaSalle Speedway brings The Lucas Oil Series to the area.

I hate it for lasalle but in illinois ump is like roger godell and the nfl they have all the power if you go lone wolf they make you pay...

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    And they done it themselves
    The WRG snow job got you. This is not just all about the Josh Richards thing. There has been a back and forth thing going on between Izzo ans Driggers for several years. UMP didn't want any track to have a Lucas oil race, unless they where grandfathered in. Amazingly the tracks affected lost their sanction and grandfather. Then WRG scheduled on top of LaSalle with Rockford fiasco and expected Izzo to run that date any how but he didn't and as promised 3 SN dates the next year. Then came the Richards deal. Richards said he was car owner. Driggers magically knew he wasn't and instead of clearing it up as a good sanctioning pardner would, he left and imposed the penalties he wanted to impose on the Rockford deal. Bottom line is Driggers and WRG is an oppressive Sanctioning body and most tracks would be better off, with out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    The WRG snow job got you. This is not just all about the Josh Richards thing. There has been a back and forth thing going on between Izzo ans Driggers for several years. UMP didn't want any track to have a Lucas oil race, unless they where grandfathered in. Amazingly the tracks affected lost their sanction and grandfather. Then WRG scheduled on top of LaSalle with Rockford fiasco and expected Izzo to run that date any how but he didn't and as promised 3 SN dates the next year. Then came the Richards deal. Richards said he was car owner. Driggers magically knew he wasn't and instead of clearing it up as a good sanctioning pardner would, he left and imposed the penalties he wanted to impose on the Rockford deal. Bottom line is Driggers and WRG is an oppressive Sanctioning body and most tracks would be better off, with out.
    Don't forget the IMCA show.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Tony has much blame as Sam in the whole deal. Let's not forget that UMP is going to cut a lot of people checks he in a couple of months. You got to think about that before you talk about all the negative stuff.

Your telling me tony did
    Nothing wrong? Dude you have the blinders on,
    And just so you know, Sam driggers blows

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    Your telling me tony did
    Nothing wrong? Dude you have the blinders on,
    And just so you know, Sam driggers blows
    Tony put the responsibility of saying Richards can't race on Diggers. Driggers weaseled out and ran. Then back stabbed him.