Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I ventrure to say that you have more problems than rear springs rates.
    things to double check:
    binding in j bar
    birdcages rotate easily
    how far below axle centerline is your RR shock mount
    how much split in J bar mounting
    where are you on pinion for j bar mounting
    how long is your j bar

does car trip onto RF when entering corner (stand up on LR & nose over on FR and stay there?

my car rolls more with the 225 than it does a 200, which means it is planting car harder on RR.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Just add dirt, the jbar is almost buried at the pinion. not sure on the jbar split. I was not there Saturday but the pictures look like its stood up on the lr and nosed on the rf. I will try to send you a link to the picture. Its just odd that the only thing we changed were rear spring rates and spring heights.

I tried to PM you but your inbox is full.

cleaned out.

you say early on in reply to someone your 3/8 forward on the rearend, id trail that.... that will cost you side bite and forward drive. 3/8 trail would be LOW....

once you do that youll probably be able to raise your rr lower as well as any other stuff you have off from the base set up that is being used to try and fix or mask the fact that your rr is forward
    Last edited by stock car driver; 09-27-2017 at 09:24 AM.

too much pandard bar angle will hurt forward bite.
    car is laying on the j bar and not going forward.
    with it buried on pinion, I bet car is tight on entry, then driver pops it loose to rotate center,and there is no traction from there.

and if you indeed are short on right side wheelbase, that will cause more of a tight condition, and car will not want to rotate.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAddDirt View Post

and if you indeed are short on right side wheelbase, that will cause more of a tight condition, and car will not want to rotate.
    if hes making it around the track with it 3/8 lead then hes clearly busting it loose to turn

thats first thing he needs to fix

4 bar cars are easy to get traction, you can get all of it you want any place you want it easily.

we are around 3/8 shorter on the right side than the left. we usually have both right side bars low as they go and left lower as low as it will go. last year we ran this way and was a top three car all year long. and ran it like that this year will lots of back luck. the only major thing we have changed are the rear springs. I believe there is something else going on but car went from god to total garbage with a spring change. I can provide more info if needed.