Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

More often then not the real professional drivers like pierce dont actively chase the weekly ump points. After winning the summernationals, it dawns on them that they are in the running so late in the year they go and win the weekly points.

[QUOTE=Senroc-Systems;2140559]Yes they are. It's what is posted on UMP's page right now. Thru September 17. I'll be sure to update them as soon as UMP does. Rusty, Ryan or Eric usually post them on their Facebook pages. Unicker has been on an incredible roll the last few weeks and has closed very little. He's actually lost ground three consecutive weeks. From 42 to 52 to 56. Rusty has 21 wins and over dozen 2nd place finishes. When either of the top 3 race they gain very little on each other because of the high number of wins, seconds and thirds. They may race and not even replace anything. Spangler finished 4th at Berlin. I don't think he replaced anything because he didn't gain anything. He updates a bit more than the other two. We're not going to see 20, 30, 40 point gains this late in the season. While Unzicker has won the most late, his recent wins have been with low car counts. Rusty and Spangler both have raced with higher average car counts, and receive more bonus points per victory. The fans are the real winners here because we get to see these guys give their all every week. All three have been racing their a$$es off at a Championship level. I'd love to see all three at Eldora next weekend. That's what racing is......................you may want to recheck your Unzicker stats

[QUOTE=ILL-DIRTDOG;2140740][QUOTE=Senroc-Systems;2140559....................you may want to recheck your Unzicker stats[/QUOTE]

What stats are you referring to?

Unzicker wins night 1 of Mod Mania, the LM version.......

car looked really good.. Schlenk finished 9th

Spangler wins at South Buxton.

Schlenk 7th to 3rd in a caution free 25 lapper.
    Last edited by Senroc-Systems; 09-30-2017 at 10:40 PM.

Unzicker wins Peoria.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Gonna come down to Eldora!

Good luck to all three!

Schlenk, Unzicker and Spangler!

Where is Dona Marcouiller? Surprised he's not up higher. Top 10 at least

Marcoullier not in the top 25. Doesn't race enough to contend with the front runners. Plenty of talent, plenty of equipment. Just doesn't run enough to compete on UMP level ( # of races )
    Last edited by Senroc-Systems; 09-30-2017 at 11:18 PM.

Does Dona only run the AELMS? I know he used to come down and run some Eldora shows but I haven't seen him there for a couple of years.

Dona has stuck to the AELMS and some of the higher $$ shows around Michigan it seems to be working very well for them.. they stay close to home and have won some good $ already this season around $21,000 just on wins in the ethanol series and they can add to it with a $10,000 show this weekend at berlin and the AELMS championship... I just don't see if being very cost effective to drive 6+ hours a few times a week for a $1000-$1200 purse and chase UMP points
    Last edited by jensenracing18; 10-03-2017 at 07:36 AM.
    "Running the bottom is like having a job!" ~ Jack Hewitt

After this weekend Unzicker had a really good weekend and Rusty didn't at all. How does this points system work? I figured by both drivers finishes this weekend that Unzicker would take the lead based on where both drivers finished in UMP races. Can anyone enlighten me on this? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 00Hdmn View Post
    After this weekend Unzicker had a really good weekend and Rusty didn't at all. How does this points system work? I figured by both drivers finishes this weekend that Unzicker would take the lead based on where both drivers finished in UMP races. Can anyone enlighten me on this? Thanks
    It is best 35 events.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by ThebigE View Post
    If it comes down to Eldora and the Fall Nationals next weekend look for Rusty to come out on top. He is an Eldora regular and is always tough there.
    Unzicker has the better car though.

I think Rusty will pull it off but we'll wait and see
    I am what I am

Unzicker also has a lot more $ than Rusty so he should have a better car and equipment. I like Rusty's driving style better at Eldora.... The times Unzicker has raced at Eldora he hasn't really impressed me.

OOHdmm

They count the best 35 points night. I'm not paying close enough attention to know what Rusty and Ryan are throwing out or replacing runs with. This makes it hard to figure out whats going on with this point race.
    Race tracker-- RAIN and COLD "killing me smalls"

With 25 or fewer cars, Unzicker wins and they tie for the title with the tiebreaker going to Unzicker. 30 cars or more and Unzicker would win the title with a 2nd place run as long as Schlenk doesn't win. He is trailing by 9 and replacing a 66. A Win pays 75 with a possible 80 with bonus points if there's 30 or more cars.

Anybody else remember unzickers car being stuck in gear at oakshade, when he was scheduled to start on the pole night two of the summernats visit. At the time i remembered thinking wow that probably cost him 10g, looks like it may have cost him 30g now. I just dont recall ever seeing unzicker at eldora, to win or finish second seems like a tough task and yes i know hes on a roll.