Default Peoria Speedway 63rd Annual IL State Championship/Jon Hamilton Memorial

September 30th Is the 63rd Annual IL State Championship/Jon Hamilton Memorial $5,000.00 to win for UMP Late Models, Crate Mods $1,000 to win, Street Stocks $500 to win, Hornets $500 to win, and Modifieds are regular purse.Late Models will Time Trial 1 lapLate Model Tire Rule 20/30/40 on three corners 30/40 RR with grooving and siping allowed.Pit Gates Open at 3:00Front Gates at 4:00Drivers Meeting/Draw Cut Off 5:15Hot Laps at 5:30 Time Trials at 6:00Races at 6:30Pit PassAdults $40.00Kids $20.00GrandstandsAdults $25.00Kids 6-12 $10.00Kids 5-Under are Free

Made it down this past Friday to watch. Thought the track looked great so brought the car on Saturday. The track felt even better than it looked! Excellent racing surface and great racing as well! Even with mid 90* temps, the sun beating down on it, and a great number of cars/laps. A job well done to the entire Peoria Speedway staff!!!

I would expect more of the same for this show. Hope everyone can make it out!

who's going to win the the 5 grand ?

Shirley there.

I think Jason feger is goin to be there
    I am what I am

I'll go with Billy Drake

McKay Wenger is here.........in a modified.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Heat 1. Spatula. Unzicker. Gardener. Glass clock
    Heat 2. Fegar. Drake. Shannon
    Heat 3. Shirley. Walden. Weaver Bennett. That's from a friend that is there

The 63rd Annual Jon Hamilton Memorial Illinois State Championship winner at @PeoriaSpeedway Ryan unzicker

Wow, Unzicker is on a roll! What is that...... 13 out of the last 16 ? Unreal!

Good luck at Eldora!

1 Unzicker.....Drake......Shirley.....Feger.....Wald on......Hurst.....Great track. Unzicker was glued to the bottom as the highside became the longest way around. No other car could get lower on the track then Ryan. Nice job Unzicker and crew.

unzicker should have stayed at tri city instead off racing with the 10 over the hill gang at peoria. ump gives you points on who you are racing.

So he should have stayed and raced with less cars, for less money? I think he made the right call.

Quote Originally Posted by tigwelder View Post
    unzicker should have stayed at tri city instead off racing with the 10 over the hill gang at peoria. ump gives you points on who you are racing.
    There were 20 cars at Tri City.
    There were 27 cars at Peoria.
    Not that big of a difference but they go by car count. Not who is there.
    You should think before you type

The way I see it, Babb, Pierce, and Simpson were licking their chops with that field. And they could have come to Peoria and raced for almost twice as much.
    8/13/16

And both Unzicker and Feger were a good 2 hours closer to home, racing for more money. And from what I heard, Ryan's kid had a soccer game Saturday morning, so.....seemed like a guarantee to me they were both going to be there.

pierce and babb running a 60 car modified show. why would they come to the vintage race. you should know that before you type.

Quote Originally Posted by tigwelder View Post
    pierce and babb running a 60 car modified show. why would they come to the vintage race. you should know that before you type.
    Pfftt>modifieds? Nuff said.
    8/13/16

Right on h h

bobby pierce on getting 3rd at tri-city also locked in their Modified for the Dome Invitation🏁🏁

Quote Originally Posted by MUD MAESTRO View Post
    1 Unzicker.....Drake......Shirley.....Feger.....Wald on......Hurst.....Great track. Unzicker was glued to the bottom as the highside became the longest way around. No other car could get lower on the track then Ryan. Nice job Unzicker and crew.
    Been to alotta racetracks. From my vantage point, the highside has always been the longest way around.