Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Pittsburgher 100 Provisional

The highest finishing non qualifying Rocket car? WTH?
    Last edited by davis2902; 10-07-2017 at 08:17 PM.

This was brought up last year. I think it's part of a sponsorship deal or Mark puts some of is money or something for a provisional spot for the highest finishing non qualifying rocket car.

You can always have your own 20k to win race and name whoever you want for a provisional. Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by No_Weak_Links View Post
    You can always have your own 20k to win race and name whoever you want for a provisional. Just saying
    This is a Lucas race!
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

And people wonder why Richards is accused of buying influence.

We can always whine and b!tch about dumb sh!t. You realize Steve Baker ran at PMS for a long time. The Miley's obviously agreed to it, so sponsor your own non-Rocket provisional.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    We can always whine and b!tch about dumb sh!t. You realize Steve Baker ran at PMS for a long time. The Miley's obviously agreed to it, so sponsor your own non-Rocket provisional.
    So a bunch of Rocket folks agreed to it? Go figure...
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    You're missing the point, man. It's the idea that Richards bought a car, presumably a customer, into the race. It's one thing for a touring guys to get a provisional or some one to earn a spot into the race on points or by winning some other race. This is entirely different. People complain when drivers "buy" their rides. This just takes it to the next level.

Yes. It's a petty thing to complain about and adding another backmarker to the field isn't a big deal, but this is the kind of thing that makes people dislike Richards.
    Last edited by Snake X3; 10-08-2017 at 01:15 AM.

I don't see the problem.... when a series like Lucas or WOO pays a contingency out it goes to guy that uses that product and displays a decal. If Rocket payed for a provisional it's no different. They rewarded someone that is using their product.

Quote Originally Posted by onlyfacts View Post
    I don't see the problem.... when a series like Lucas or WOO pays a contingency out it goes to guy that uses that product and displays a decal. If Rocket payed for a provisional it's no different. They rewarded someone that is using their product.
    It's completely different. Rewarding customer loyalty/sponsorship in the form of monetary awards doesn't favor one driver over another in event competition.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    So a bunch of Rocket folks agreed to it? Go figure...
    And the Miley's charge way more to get in than any other track, been that way for 30 years.

Is what it is, I don't go to PMS, because of their prices and I don't like the track. I'd still go even though they had this provisional if I liked the place.

Wonder if you guys would sing the same tune if it was a Lazer, Rayburn, Kryptonite, Swartz, etc.?

The main ones in here with an issue don't like Rocket, just saying.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    You're missing the point, man. It's the idea that Richards bought a car, presumably a customer, into the race. It's one thing for a touring guys to get a provisional or some one to earn a spot into the race on points or by winning some other race. This is entirely different. People complain when drivers "buy" their rides. This just takes it to the next level.

Yes. It's a petty thing to complain about and adding another backmarker to the field isn't a big deal, but this is the kind of thing that makes people dislike Richards.
    Agreed. I'm pretty sure Mark doesn't care about no popularity contest though. Winning races and selling cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post

Way bigger things than this for people not liking Richards......

But on a positive note, check hucky out with a solid 15 finish.......and I read he won the slm points at Pittsburgh......got to give him some credit, nice.

Wonder what couples cruise he and serge will take with the points money?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Contingency awards are nothing new.

with the amount of cars they had didn't almost everyone make it in anyway

Satterlee Fuels sponsored a regional car provisional. Why wasn't it available to everyone what about the next local car or someone from a different region?

Default Negative kb cowboys are not needed in our sport

The facts,
    Matt Miley asked several folks if the were interested in sponsoring provisionals, Pittsburgh’s Pennsylvania Motor Speedway can easily start 34, we did it many times in the early days, it makes the event special.
    Who does it help, racers that bust their ass, the track by attracting more cars, the fans by seeing more cars... it’s win win win.

So Mark Richards steps up to the plate and adds a car to the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series 29th annual Pittsburgher 100, a Chassis builder that actually helps the race track, we need more of them...

If I’m Mark Richards it’s probobly the last provisional I’d sponsor,
    THANKS NEGATIVE KB COWBOYS, YOU REALLY HELP THE SPORT!

BTW, If you haven’t been to Pittsburgh’s Pennsylvania Motor Speedway, listen to what the top drivers in the country say about it, inc;using a guys like Tony Stewart, Bloomquist, Richards, O’Neal... you are missing it...over what, a few bucks, life is to short... Prices charged are what’s required to hold the event annually in the cost structure in which we operate, it is what it is, Allegheny County, PA... SUPPORT THE SPORT JMO, Matt Miley, Owner, Pittsburgh’s Pennsylvania Motor Speedway

...just have to wonder who’s going to carry the torch for the sport in our region when guys like Mark Richards and operations like Miley Motor Sports say we have had enough... PERHAPS IT WILL BE IN GOOD HANDS WITH THE KB COWBOYS... they can discuss the racing we used to have... you are souring the caretakers of the sport...2018 will be our 30th consecutive season at Pittsburgh’s Pennsylvania Motor Speedway...maybe we will get it right...

A huge thanks to those who support the sport and all those who make it happen, -lease keep doing it, it truly makes a difference, ignore the KB COWBOYS, we ignored RACESTUD all year, had our best season in the Modern Era, we are the cheapest venue in the Pittsburgh Area to new fans...

Why did I make chat board post, you attacked a sponsor of the sport, LUDICROUS1

🏁

Between a hand full of keyboard jockeys VS a packed house, I doubt PPMS has anything to worry about. Most sensible folks ignore the negativity on this sight anyway.
    8/13/16

No Lucas Oil regulars failed to get a spot because of this provisional.

Who cares? It was a great race.