Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    You have to realize the main ones bitching about it are the same ones who whine about the two main series constantly or how "the little guy doesn't stand a chance any more. Boo hoo I can't afford to race with the big guys but instead of dropping down a class I'd rather whine like a little girl."
    Yes sir. I know. Why I inserted if it was misc. chassis would y'all still cry.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

You guys also realize that everyone who regularly runs PPMS except for Huck, Colton Flinner and Keith Barbara run Rockets, right?
    Last edited by Josh Bayko; 10-08-2017 at 09:07 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    How about we have a jig a low provisional and make sure a guy brings one? Some star gazers ignore impropriety. This sport continues to be undone by concentration of power.
    I'm not sure what a star gazer is, but I don't think you realize how unprofessional the sport of dirt late model racing is as a whole. There is no more impropriety to this provisional than many other aspects of the sport. Definitely not worth getting worked up over.

What a bunch of snowflake crybabies.... Hopefully Mark keeps doing this and doesn't get offended by the handful of crybabies on 4m.

Quote Originally Posted by ThebigE View Post
    What a bunch of snowflake crybabies.... Hopefully Mark keeps doing this and doesn't get offended by the handful of crybabies on 4m.
    It's interesting that people are called crybabies, whiners..etc on this forum or any others. Everybody has a right to their opinion, and they can state them however they like. Sorry (not sorry) if it's different than your opinion. Mark bought a spot in the feature for one of his customers. Simple as that. If the chassis manufacturer can do it, can every other company?? Let's just add another 5 starting spots for the other manufacturers. Not making the feature based on merit is one thing. But making it based on your alliance to Rockets stinks. And Mark basically said himself that the promoter has been trying to contact him regarding this for a period of time before the event. Are spots in the feature for sale at every event ?? I know that the track's website or the LOLMS doesn't mention a Rocket Provisional on the race recaps
    These forums are like groups of race fans standing around a campfire having discussions about racing issues. That's how it should be. I bet you wouldn't walk by and call anyone a "snowflake crybaby" just because you don't agree with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatdaddy View Post
    It's interesting that people are called crybabies, whiners..etc on this forum or any others. Everybody has a right to their opinion, and they can state them however they like. Sorry (not sorry) if it's different than your opinion. Mark bought a spot in the feature for one of his customers. Simple as that. If the chassis manufacturer can do it, can every other company?? Let's just add another 5 starting spots for the other manufacturers. Not making the feature based on merit is one thing. But making it based on your alliance to Rockets stinks. And Mark basically said himself that the promoter has been trying to contact him regarding this for a period of time before the event. Are spots in the feature for sale at every event ?? I know that the track's website or the LOLMS doesn't mention a Rocket Provisional on the race recaps
    These forums are like groups of race fans standing around a campfire having discussions about racing issues. That's how it should be. I bet you wouldn't walk by and call anyone a "snowflake crybaby" just because you don't agree with them.
    Is the tried and true snowflake crybaby comment stupid, sure.

PPMS can hold a lot of cars, and if someone came to them wanting to offer another provisional, I wouldn't doubt they'd do it. They did Rocket because it's a Rocket heavy area.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Wow, some levity ......excellent post phatdaddy....especially the last paragraph.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I'm not sure what a star gazer is, but I don't think you realize how unprofessional the sport of dirt late model racing is as a whole. There is no more impropriety to this provisional than many other aspects of the sport. Definitely not worth getting worked up over.
    I am well aware how it is.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

[QUOTE=chupp n bloomer fan;2142960]Is the tried and true snowflake crybaby comment stupid, sure.

PPMS can hold a lot of cars, and if someone came to them wanting to offer another provisional, I wouldn't doubt they'd do it. They did Rocket because it's a Rocket heavy area.[/QUOTe

excellent post CnB fan. I have never been to PPMS, but I can see where it can hold a ton of cars. I assume all of us as race fans want a level of competitiveness, fairness, and good old school competition. That's why we all love dirt track racing and shun NASCAR (or the current version of NASCAR). Sponsoring one of the provisional spots is fine. Heck, adding money to the overall purse and making an announcement about would be fine. A provisional with a stipulation that it goes to one of my customers is sketchy though. Maybe that stipulation wasn't Mark's idea, but the idea of the promoter when he was trying to pitch it Mark. And, If it is a Rocket heavy area, then why is there even a need to make the stipulation that a Rocket customer gets it?? Again, thanks for the post.

I'm with you. If Miley and a few others don't understand the point people were making there's not much we can do about it. I've said this about WoO and their inverts (shockingly even Rigsby has finally come out against them) and other gimmicks that give advantages to cars/drivers that didn't earn them on the track. This is a sport. In order for people to have respect for it, there has to be a level playing field.

This is really a small, small thing. HOWEVER, every time you cast even the smallest shadow of a doubt on the integrity of the competition...of it being fair and equal for all, then you start having NA$$CAR issues.

If some people don't get it and just hurl insults, well there ain't much that can be said to make them see it. They see it their way just like I see things my way. If we can't discuss them then that's pretty sad. We're all fans of the sport. Sometimes I think people forget that we have more in common with each other then we do with the general population and even if we're on different sides of an issue, we all still want the same thing...a strong sport with FAIR competition to settle who is best on the track.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    I'm with you. If Miley and a few others don't understand the point people were making there's not much we can do about it. I've said this about WoO and their inverts (shockingly even Rigsby has finally come out against them) and other gimmicks that give advantages to cars/drivers that didn't earn them on the track. This is a sport. In order for people to have respect for it, there has to be a level playing field.

This is really a small, small thing. HOWEVER, every time you cast even the smallest shadow of a doubt on the integrity of the competition...of it being fair and equal for all, then you start having NA$$CAR issues.

If some people don't get it and just hurl insults, well there ain't much that can be said to make them see it. They see it their way just like I see things my way. If we can't discuss them then that's pretty sad. We're all fans of the sport. Sometimes I think people forget that we have more in common with each other then we do with the general population and even if we're on different sides of an issue, we all still want the same thing...a strong sport with FAIR competition to settle who is best on the track.
    ^^^^ Post of the year! ^^^

I guarantee this wouldn’t be an issue if the Carpenters had paid for a Kryptonite provisional, even though it would have applied to only one car that was there.

For some reason I can't quote Josh's post, but I ask you this question...why do you think that is the case? I agree with you. I think some people will take any opportunity to rip on Richards/Rocket, but why is that? There must be a reason.

I ask these types of questions all the time because I don't know. Like I don't know why people hate on Bobby Pierce or Darryl Lanigan. I can understand some people not liking different drivers. I can understand why people don't like Bloomquist but some guys get a lot more hate than they seem to warrant. So why do you think people jump all over Rocket buying a spot in a race for a customer but they wouldn't do so if it were Kryptonite?

^^^^ Post of the year! ^^^
    Thanks. You made a few good posts in this thread yourself.

For some reason I can't quote Josh's post, but I ask you this question...why do you think that is the case? I agree with you. I think some people will take any opportunity to rip on Richards/Rocket, but why is that? There must be a reason.

I ask these types of questions all the time because I don't know. Like I don't know why people hate on Bobby Pierce or Darryl Lanigan. I can understand some people not liking different drivers. I can understand why people don't like Bloomquist but some guys get a lot more hate than they seem to warrant. So why do you think people jump all over Rocket buying a spot in a race for a customer but they wouldn't do so if it were Kryptonite?
    I think there’s a few reasons why Rocket catches so much sh*t.

Mark Richards himself is kind of an abrasive, no nonsense kind of guy in a sport full off good ole’ boys. I get where the racing community might be turned off by that, but if you’re going to be successful in business (and Rocket Chassis is extremely succesful, and has been since pretty much day one) you have to minimize your tolerance for bullsh*t. Every success story, regardless of whichever industry we’re talking has a ton of detractors. It’s not at all surprising it’s that dirt late model racing isn’t somehow exempt from that train of thought.

I think it’s also because a lot of people feel that Rocket has too much power in the industry. That’s a fair criticsm. They do have a ton of influence, and they’re not afraid to throw it around when neccesary. Thing is, give most people that kind of influence, they’re going to use it. To be fair, others with that kind of stroke do tend to catch as much sh*t as Rocket. There is equal opportunity hate there, see Bloomquist, Scott.

And lastly, I just think all that success that I referenced before just breeds a certain amount of relatively irrational hate. We see it in all walks of life, the person or entity that consistently is at the very top just isn’t very well liked. For an example with Rocket, they came out with that air shock that’s actually more affordable than current shocks, and somehow it’s the worst thing ever.

Couldn't reply with quote Josh, but your post was spot on.......esp the last paragraph!

Everybody HATES a winner! Always has been, always will be!

btw.....Go Bloomer!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

buying a spot in a race of any kind is just wrong to me period , but thats just me......

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    Couldn't reply with quote Josh, but your post was spot on.
    I couldn't quote his post either but it was 100% spot on.
    8/13/16

@Josh - Thanks for the tremendous post. That answers that question.

If some people don't get it and just hurl insults, well there ain't much that can be said to make them see it.
    The insults don't bother me, I can take them as well as I dish them out, so I just laugh and drive on. Plus it's easy to predict who they will come from and over what topics if you hang out around here long enough, as you probably know from being around 4m for a while.

A Mark Richards provisional at a track that is Rocket-heavy just doesn't move my needle enough to get worked up over. He's a smart businessman like Josh said, and you don't get as successful as him by twisting in the winds of internet message board gossip.
    Last edited by NormP; 10-09-2017 at 08:46 PM.

Default Josh

Fukin quote option ain't working again but that last post man, major props, well said.