Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: DTWC Location

I still would love to see it come back to Atomic. I think Brad could do a much better job than what we got last time we had the race. But seeing that Lucas Oil schedule it looks like they are still planning on PRP for next season. But Carl can always change his mind like he has before. Regardless its still the one race I have always looked forward to most because of the atmosphere, I love that feeling. Just not a huge fan of the track, facility wise its a good spot for it. I haven't seen Mansfield yet but have heard a lot of good things about it. Hopefully I'll get up there next season.
    Next Race: 3/31/18 "Bunny 20's" with Sprints, Late Models, Modifieds and Sport Mods
    *We will also be having an Easter Egg Hunt @ 3:00 so bring the kids out for a fun and enjoyable Saturday night as we open the 2018 race season*

Check out all pictures from Atomic Speedway on my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/luvracinBig...?ref=bookmarks

**Atomic Speedway Official Track Photographer**

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    It'll never happen, but Port Royal is the best track in Pennsylvania. Would love to see it moved there. Lawrenceburg deserves another shot too. Atomic would be better than PRP.
    . Port Royal would put on one $#ll of a race. VMS would too, but further out of the way for most Midwest teams.

The DTWC will be at Portsmouth until the day Carl Short no longer has a say. I was told this weekend that Lucas Oil wanted to move the DTWC (to Mansfield, that's why they are putting on the big race in August now) but it's Carl's race and he said absolutely not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep_55_Wormer View Post
    The DTWC will be at Portsmouth until the day Carl Short no longer has a say. I was told this weekend that Lucas Oil wanted to move the DTWC (to Mansfield, that's why they are putting on the big race in August now) but it's Carl's race and he said absolutely not.
    Makes a whole lot of sense. It seemed Carl wasn't sure on location the week before, then I heard his announcement at the race and it seemed like he loved PRP and it wouldn't ever go anywhere. All of that was just weird to me, but it seems like I'm one of the only ones making a deal out of it. I don't mind Portsmouth, I like the facility and the town. Racing was pretty good this year, but I have seen a lot of snoozers there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    Makes a whole lot of sense. It seemed Carl wasn't sure on location the week before, then I heard his announcement at the race and it seemed like he loved PRP and it wouldn't ever go anywhere. All of that was just weird to me, but it seems like I'm one of the only ones making a deal out of it. I don't mind Portsmouth, I like the facility and the town. Racing was pretty good this year, but I have seen a lot of snoozers there.
    About exactly my thoughts Boro.