Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    You have to get caught first before you can be a notorious tire cheater. Step 1 is complete.

I won't say one way or the other whether Zack is guilty or not. I have no knowledge or proof to warrant handing out a guilty or innocent verdict, just as nobody on 4m has a clue as to whether he's guilty or not.
    What an exciting finish to the race though........a week later........just stupid.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    What an exciting finish to the race though........a week later........just stupid.
    I'm with you. If you can't test it at the track where it can be verified by other people right on the spot, it shouldn't be a rule.

That's where it really sux for the fans.
    8/13/16

I'm implying the whole dam tire rule , it's parts and pieces and all of the uncertainties it and the drivers and teams themselves create is just stupid.

In case I wasn't clear......just stupid.
    I understand that, and I agree, it is stupid. Having to deal with all this tire stuff is stupid and bad for the sport. I wasn't sure if you were being a smarta$$ with your bleach comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    That's where it really sux for the fans.
    You mean , the people the promoters and series depend on to keep the gates open?

I agree hh

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    I understand that, and I agree, it is stupid. Having to deal with all this tire stuff is stupid and bad for the sport. I wasn't sure if you were being a smarta$$ with your bleach comment.
    I was, but that's just me when it comes to the tire crap..........if there is anything that will ever just make me throw my hands up and walk away from big time lm racing as a fan or sponsor i got a feeling it's going to be this whole stupid tire thing.

I'm just about to that point with some of it..........too many good Friday and Saturday local shows with great support division classes to watch, and I know the finish as they cross the line.

There's a margin of error in everything - you administer enough tire tests, you will have innocent teams eventually called out. This could potentially cost them fans, sponsors and ultimately, pay. Want to cripple and fold a small to medium funded team? Just f### up their tire test.
    Look at pregnancy tests lol. 99.9% accurate and you still get a couple thousand a year with a false read. Nothing is perfect, tire testing is no exception. With everything from the risk of environmental contamination, to who handled the tires prior to purchase, there are so many variables that play into the situation, you are bound to get some innocent teams caught up in this process.
    Sick of hearing all this "who's cheating and who's not" bs? simple. Let teams prep tires. Most preps aren't even used to soften the tire, they are used to fire tires quicker, control heat cycles, increase tire life and in a lot of cases on the tracks they run on now days, harden them. Instead of crying about a $90 can of prep that could be used to get another night out of a tire, target something like traction control which is a bigger threat to competition than prepping tires ever will be. Anyone can afford a $90 can of prep, not a 15k undetectable traction device from DTC. If you think they arent being used, your nuts. Davis doesn't stay in business this long by not selling anything. Preps are peanuts in the big picture, this issue needs to go away.

I mean who preps a left front tire? My theory is they got a bad right rear tire from the factory. I'm guessing they sampled the right rear first and then the rest of the samples from the other three were contaminated by the grooving blade going through the right rear first. Why would he be that emotional in victory lane if he knew he cheated? Zack could have very easily not pushed the issue and ran 2nd to Marlar, this whole thing is just fishy.

Quote Originally Posted by heinen81 View Post
    There's a margin of error in everything - you administer enough tire tests, you will have innocent teams eventually called out. This could potentially cost them fans, sponsors and ultimately, pay. Want to cripple and fold a small to medium funded team? Just f### up their tire test.
    Look at pregnancy tests lol. 99.9% accurate and you still get a couple thousand a year with a false read. Nothing is perfect, tire testing is no exception. With everything from the risk of environmental contamination, to who handled the tires prior to purchase, there are so many variables that play into the situation, you are bound to get some innocent teams caught up in this process.
    Sick of hearing all this "who's cheating and who's not" bs? simple. Let teams prep tires. Most preps aren't even used to soften the tire, they are used to fire tires quicker, control heat cycles, increase tire life and in a lot of cases on the tracks they run on now days, harden them. Instead of crying about a $90 can of prep that could be used to get another night out of a tire, target something like traction control which is a bigger threat to competition than prepping tires ever will be. Anyone can afford a $90 can of prep, not a 15k undetectable traction device from DTC. If you think they arent being used, your nuts. Davis doesn't stay in business this long by not selling anything. Preps are peanuts in the big picture, this issue needs to go away.
    TC just isn't that big of a deal. It doesn't work well or reliably enough depending on what we are specifically talking about. As for prep, there are plenty of other things that limit the ability of people "not in the know" to win more so than tire prep.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

I think the whole thing is unfortunate. I have no idea one way or the other. I read some interesting posts and some bias posts. I will to defer to King 1. He certainly knows more about this type of thing than i do.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    TC just isn't that big of a deal. It doesn't work well or reliably enough depending on what we are specifically talking about. As for prep, there are plenty of other things that limit the ability of people "not in the know" to win more so than tire prep.
    Agreed. I just put prep on that same level as far as consistency and reliability . It wont take an average to bad car and make it a winner. It might give a really good car, just a tick more. I honestly think most people could mess a tire up more in a lot of cases with prep, than not. All these people seem to have this picture in their head of some magical potion that when applied to tires, provides unlimited bite and invincibility. Outside of karts, I just don't think its as much of a game changer as most people think.

I think everyone knows who and why there is such a stance on the tire issue.......as much as the feel good story of everyone's health is at the forefront of concern, the only Heath that's being worried about here is the health of the bottom line and to sell more tires.

It's just stupid......somebody call me when they announce the winners of the world finals around thanksgiving........ill try and act excited.

If any cars lost any fluids that night on the track there should never be tire testing.... because once any fluids contaminate the track surface they can impregnate themselves into the tire which will give a bad reading for a tire that was not tampered with......
    I want URR Unified Rules Racing .

I agree with a previous poster, who cares if they are doping the tires. If a stripper has fake b00bs, so what, who cares, let's see a good product. Obviously the efforts to keep costs down are not effective, so open it up. Dope away.

The WOO is no longer the WOO, they should change their name to the World of Inlaws.

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    I agree with a previous poster, who cares if they are doping the tires. If a stripper has fake b00bs, so what, who cares, let's see a good product. Obviously the efforts to keep costs down are not effective, so open it up. Dope away.

The WOO is no longer the WOO, they should change their name to the World of Inlaws.
    Zack, what are you doing on 4m?

Although not in attendance that particular night, I really like what Florence did:
    "There you go boys, pick a tire, any tire..."
    Mount it up and Let's Go Racing!
    Grumpy old dirt track fan. Anti-Sanction. Anti-Social. Anti-Media. Anti-SocialMedia. Anti-Climatic.

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post

You do know that the race Dohm was caught at had NOTHING to do with WRG, right?
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by lazyifoto View Post
    If any cars lost any fluids that night on the track there should never be tire testing.... because once any fluids contaminate the track surface they can impregnate themselves into the tire which will give a bad reading for a tire that was not tampered with......
    I have always preached this theory. I feel the infield area is the most probable place to pick up a contaminate. Many a wrecked race cars end up in the infield untill the race is over. They can sit there and leak fluids for quite a while. Even if it is disked up, it is still in the soil.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    You do know that the race Dohm was caught at had NOTHING to do with WRG, right?
    Yes, I know. Two separate thoughts there, hence the separate paragraph. And the latter comment was more of a joke towards the irony of the "World of Outlaws", whilst being the most strict sanctioning body on tire dope as well as driver dope.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyifoto View Post
    Impossible......go back and look at the threads on tires , every single one of the experts have debunked that theory ........maybe some of them will chime in on it now.