Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Dixie metal works and racing

Seems they have stomped on the toes of the people at longhorn, by selling a direct copy of the longhorn car. But their calling chassis an "LH1."

Anybody know much about this operation?

No big deal. The XR1 is also a copy of a Longhorn...lol

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Seems they have stomped on the toes of the people at longhorn, by selling a direct copy of the longhorn car. But their calling chassis an "LH1."

Anybody know much about this operation?

No but that copy will be old as new one in the works
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

$5600 iirc...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Dixie also claims they manufacture Rockets and Bloomer chassis. Interesting.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by formercrewguy View Post
    No big deal. The XR1 is also a copy of a Longhorn...lol
    Any accusation of intellectual property theft by Rocket Chassis dba Mark Richards Racing, Inc. is considered serious and we will no longer tolerate this kind of libel behavior. Anyone who wants to accuse Rocket Chassis of stealing a competitor's design will be contacted from our attorney to begin the defamation litigation process.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketChassisPR View Post
    Any accusation of intellectual property theft by Rocket Chassis dba Mark Richards Racing, Inc. is considered serious and we will no longer tolerate this kind of libel behavior. Anyone who wants to accuse Rocket Chassis of stealing a competitor's design will be contacted from our attorney to begin the defamation litigation process.
    This is my new favorite poster here at 4m, sorry onlyfacts you are still 2nd place!

So gullible........good grief.

Good one blackie
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post

Good one blackie
    I doubt its official, I can't imagine anyone who isn't an attorney would use language like that. I just thought that post was excellent.

With that said, do you really think Blackie could string together such a well punctuated post with no major spelling errors? Doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketChassisPR View Post
    Get your attorney to write your 4 m posts for you Mark.........libel behavior, lol.

Cj wants his intellectual property back..............from everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    I doubt its official, I can't imagine anyone who isn't an attorney would use language like that. I just thought that post was excellent.

With that said, do you really think Blackie could string together such a well punctuated post with no major spelling errors? Doubtful.
    Why yes, yes he can............I think you mean litey with the spelling and grammatical errors.

An attorney would have most likely called it libelous behavior .........but what do I know?

Why yes, yes he can............I think you mean litey with the spelling and grammatical errors.

An attorney would have most likely called it libelous behavior .........but what do I know?
    Its probably another site user as you suggested, although if it were Mark or a Rocket employee then I would be thrilled that they were taking a stand against the kind of BS that spreads around on here. Either way I thought the account and post were well timed and it made me laugh.

Believe it or not BBQ, whenever I post here you do not always have to try to pick a fight or try to cause stuff. You have been doing fine for most of this season without me posting here/arguing with you. Lets continue that trend.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I believe they were referring to the brands that they make bumpers and such for

Good one blackie
    Hahahahaha
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

I think Dixie Metal Works posted that they make bumpers for Rocket and Bloomquist cars (as JKing24 posted before me), not the actual chassis, but I could be wrong.

As for the copy thing and any potential ramifications, I equate it to the music industry. We probably wouldn't have 50% of the music out there if it weren't for the Beatles. You need look no further than the career of someone like Vanilla Ice to see you can be very close to the original, yet still call it your own. And there may always be some type of permission given anyway, or Weird Al Yankovic wouldn't have had the success he did.

Is there a copyright on chassis????

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    Its probably another site user as you suggested, although if it were Mark or a Rocket employee then I would be thrilled that they were taking a stand against the kind of BS that spreads around on here. Either way I thought the account and post were well timed and it made me laugh.

Believe it or not BBQ, whenever I post here you do not always have to try to pick a fight or try to cause stuff. You have been doing fine for most of this season without me posting here/arguing with you. Lets continue that trend.

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    By speaking the truth , I'm trying to cause stuff?.........I feel the same way Jeff,you don't always have to get on the defensive when someone disagrees or has something to say about the nasa group either.

No beef with you whatsoever, but don't expect me to be some kind of PC phony either.....if it needs to be said, it's probably going to be if I can do it and stay within the forum tire rules.

They are making a copy, but started off extremely dishonest, they pitched the car originally on Facebook and at local tracks as a Longhorn by Dixie. Giving all implications that they were affiliated with Longhorn chassis, and you were buying a real longhorn. They then changed it to a an LH1. They also have argued to justify the copy. My complaints are I dislike direct copies aware that many cars are close to others, but more importantly I found it to be dishonest to directly imply that they were affiliated with Longhorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I thought it was just bumpers and components for those cars?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1
    Eldora - 2

There is a huge distinction between the chassis manufacturers games of "copying" each others designs as the 4m know it alls put it and what the dixie metal works guys were doing. The manufacturers get their hands on someone elses chassis, they do take the good ideas from it, but they but their own tweaks on it to make it their own design and market it as such. They put their own thoughts on how to make it better and what materials to use where went into it.
    What the dixie outfit was doing (until they changed all their posts) was they were selling a 2017 Longhorn by Dixie metal works. That would imply that they were either a dealer for longhorn or had permission to make a longhorn chassis, both of which they were not. They also have pictures on their facebook page thanking different guys for bringing their chassis in so they could copy it. I understand repairs and things, but advertising copying someone elses work doesnt usually settle well with most racers.