Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DoD Top 25

Waaac77... it's based on the whole season not just last week. Has anyone else come close to Sheppard's season? No... not even Richards and for sure not Bloomquist or McCreadie. He won 24 races in the Rocket car and 4 in the B5. I would bet in total earnings he is way ahead of the others.. all those top 5's still pay pretty good each night. On their web site he has 54 top 5's out of 70 starts in the Rocket House car. I would say he is over 600,000 in total purse moneys between the 2 cars. I know speed sport has a power ranking and Sheppard has been in their top 10 about all season... no other DLM driver has hardly been in their top 10 more than one week. DOD has it pretty close if your basing it on the whole season.
    Last edited by onlyfacts; 10-26-2017 at 09:11 AM.

The key is Sheppy has been consistently great all year while the others have had some bad weeks. Now if Josh comes to Charlotte and beats everybody and wins everything he MAY move to number 1. I think it is equally about what you did this week and your whole year. That is where Sheppard stands above the rest right now. He has been consistently winning and running well head to head. No one has done anything to move the needle enough to pass him.

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    The key is Sheppy has been consistently great all year while the others have had some bad weeks. Now if Josh comes to Charlotte and beats everybody and wins everything he MAY move to number 1. I think it is equally about what you did this week and your whole year. That is where Sheppard stands above the rest right now. He has been consistently winning and running well head to head. No one has done anything to move the needle enough to pass him.
    I,m with flagone on this one. Beside all of his WOO wins and championship, He had a handfull of Summernational wins and also Lucas wins. PLUS he finished second at the Dream worth $20,000 and he finished 2nd at the DTWC for another $20,000 payday.

My opinion is the only way he could drop out of the lead would be if either Richards or McCreadie would win both events at the World finals PLUS win the $20,000 to win event at East Alabama Motor Speedway to finish the season...

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    There's no way without a doubt Bshepp would be ranked lower than Bloomquist
    No way! He only won The Dream 100 and The Topless 100.

When I think who the driver of the year is I like to take into account how they did over the course of the whole season but I definitely think that if they won a big race with a lot of talent, that says a lot about that particular driver. It shows he is #1 against the toughest competition.
    Races like Dream, USA nationals, N/S, DTWC World all are races that if someone wins should carry a lot of weight. That being said, yes BShep completely dominated but he never won a big race all year. He did win the PDC, which has very tough competition, but that is it. I know Richards only won the DTWC but I think the Lucas series is a lot tougher to win than the WoO. Don’t get me wrong, WoO is no slouch of a series. Very tough competition but not on the level Lucas is.

I think Richards would’ve dominated the same had he run WoO. What would have been interesting is to see him and BShep go at the title there. But still, I cant get over BShep not winning a crown jewel to place him at #1. That is when you’re supposed to shine against the best in the business and he didn’t. At least Josh did once.

I think it comes down to Richards and Sheppard but I give Richards the nod since he won a big race and the tougher series. Just my two cents. Thanks for replying

They both have something in common. ROCKET! FWIW
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?