Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mark Martin

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    Do you really think that a mega funded team like that relying heavily on engineering is a good thing for the sport overall ?? A guy willing to spend 2 million to bring in 500k is a good thing ?
    Who would be stupid enough to spend $2,000,000 to make $500,000? I doubt Mark Martin is rich enough to care about dirt late model racing that much.lol What could you even spend $2,000,000 on? 40 employees?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    The tighter the rulebook, the more the parts within the box created by said rules cost, and more money pours into finding ways to excel within the box. More rules are the last thing the sport needs.

Just enforcing the rules they currently have for at least the next five years and teching diligently and often would be a good start towards curbing costs.
    The more rules the more cheating and corruption. Its why bureaucrats love laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossbones View Post
    Who would be stupid enough to spend $2,000,000 to make $500,000? I doubt Mark Martin is rich enough to care about dirt late model racing that much.lol What could you even spend $2,000,000 on? 40 employees?

The more rules the more cheating and corruption. Its why bureaucrats love laws.
    Huck may be exaggerating a bit. But the money would shock you. If this deal doesn't cost over $1 million a year, it doesn't cost a dime.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Neither Landers, or Martin are putting much if any personal money into this team. The sponsors listed, along with product sponsors are the one paying the majority of the bill. Great exposure for everyone involved! As mentioned it will be interesting to see who loses some, if not all of CPS sponsorship.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Huck may be exaggerating a bit. But the money would shock you. If this deal doesn't cost over $1 million a year, it doesn't cost a dime.
    Yeah, no doubt. I don’t blame them one bit, but to real in them people, definitely $$$$.

A new toter/stacker is a half million dollars. So you add in a handful of cars and spares and motors and a full time employee or two and you’re well over a million before you ever turn a lap.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

"How in the he!! could you reach that conclusion? JD and Bloomer are still winning all over. Billy Moyer isn’t winning very much at all, and Billy Jr same difference. "

One could argue that Moyers are doing more racing in the parts of the country where CPS's exposure matters more. Winning is always good, but exposure in the right places is also good.
    As far as CPS and Bloomer, I could see them leaving him, depending on their advertising budget. You have to think, CPS supports the Moyers and Landers more on a personal level, with Bloomquist it seems that came thru his deal with Landers.

I seen the guys name from CPS name is Steve Martin, wonder if that is any relation to Mark? He is from Missouri, and is a general manager for CPS.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Longhorn/Labonte&martin
    Has a nice ring to it.......
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I seen the guys name from CPS name is Steve Martin, wonder if that is any relation to Mark? He is from Missouri, and is a general manager for CPS.
    Ya think So?