Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by onlyfacts View Post
    25-30,000 fans makes it pretty big.
    I think the seating capacity is around 13,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossbones View Post
    I think the seating capacity is around 13,000.
    It’s 14,500 in main grandstand... but they added stands on back straightaway and there is people stand everywhere. On top of that big Jumbotron for lover pit area... I would say 10,000 Plus besides the main grandstands

Yea, I've heard a total of 25,000 there. Sounds about right.

The event is SO successful, why risk any major change?

A tweak or two, MAYBE...

Definitely agree that they should raise the purse. $20,000 to win/$1500 to start each night for each division with a $10,000 bonus if you sweep the weekend. And they need to increase the length of the feature events. I would do 40 laps for sprints, 50 for mods, and 60 for late models. Also, increase the starting field to at least 32 cars in each feature so the series provisionals don’t take up all the spots.

That would make tickets ludicrously expensive. You people always want these crazy huge purses, but you’ll also be the first to whine about gate prices.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I would say with a car count of 75 late models they don't need to raise the purse.
    176 total cars for all 3 divisions
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    176 total cars for all 3 divisions
    I would say the purse is ok then

Quote Originally Posted by Vchild View Post
    Your purse as pretty as ss's? lol
    Would you please give it back and get your own lol

they probably outdrew the Nascar race??

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerHarvickFan View Post
    When I looked up the winner's purse for the "World Finals", I was a bit shocked to see that it's a pair of 12,000 races. That seems very anti-climatic, especially with the Lucas Oil Series ending their season with a 100,000 to win race.
    You'd think the WoO would do something big at the end. Even if it were just a 100 lap, 25,000 or 30,000 to win race it would seem more "World Finals" like than a pair of 12,000 50 lap features...

I did a bit of tabulating and unless I'm correct, the WoO in general doesn't pay as well to win as the Lucas Oil Series.
    Lucas Oil ran 48 races with an average winner's check of 16,187.
    WoO ran 43 races with an average winner's check of 11,546

Even if you say, ok the DTWC is it's own deal, and can't count for Lucas Oil. Take that away and replace with just a 10,000.... they still have an average winner's purse of 14,300.
    Hey, I am a Lucas series follower but you are way out of line saying the world finals is anti-climatic

Don,t you realize the world finals involves 3 divisions of race cars with the total purse over 3 hundred thousand dollars. The BEST late model, sprint, and big block modified drivers in the country all at one track racing in front of 10,000 race fans each night.

Lucas has paired up with several crown jewel events that already existed before the series was around. Much more so than the WoO Series has. That's the biggest difference.

Who fricken cars about the purse as a fan? All drivers are going to drive their hardest no matter if it's $800 to win or $100,000. WoO doesn't need to change anything about this race.

Quote Originally Posted by NY DIRT View Post
    Hey, I am a Lucas series follower but you are way out of line saying the world finals is anti-climatic

Don,t you realize the world finals involves 3 divisions of race cars with the total purse over 3 hundred thousand dollars. The BEST late model, sprint, and big block modified drivers in the country all at one track racing in front of 10,000 race fans each night.
    I would say the world finals is more "climatic" than the Lucas DTWC at Portsmouth. Certainly a lot more people at the world finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwd1253 View Post
    I see what you mean bhf. I would think they would bump it up just a little. Maybe double or half more than first night. WoO making a killing off this event but so are the drivers on sales. But I'm not complaining look at the event set up. They have lot of the best sprint drivers, lot of the best late model drivers, lot of the best big block drivers it's a win win for fans no matter what the payout is.
    I would think the woo is only getting a sanction fee.

This is the best tickets u can buy. There's more racing than u will see anywhere and all 3 classes are the best of the best. It is $30,000 to win each night and it's split between 3 classes.

Cannot believe I missed the “lover” pit !lol!

Why would they raise the purses when the event is sold out every year? Some people just don't understand how business works. If anything they should raise ticket prices a bit because the event would still sell out anyhow.

As a proponent of the WoO Finals, I see nothing needing to be changed. These races are an experience and are held at racing's ground zero in Charlotte. So much to do there for race fans. I've been to them all and renew every year before leaving.
    This year, the track demons gained control control of the track with the dust. The racing surface was good and the races really competitive but the fans weren't getting to see much of that action with the clouds of dust. It was much, much worse than I have ever seen. On many occasions, my group couldn't read the numbers on the cars and had to depend on the scoreboard and, on more than a few occasions, couldn't even see the cars at all. Somebody was hoping the temperatures would pull some moisture from the clay but they were out to lunch or couldn't get that old water truck to run any more!