Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    The council is a complete joke. Just to show you this is in fact true, said Council voted to outlaw the air shock back in May. Here it is November and it's still not in the rules, why do you think that is? Is it because some member had enough pull to overrule the entire Council?
    Isn’t outlawing the air shock kinda dumb anyway?

The council is a complete joke. Just to show you this is in fact true, said Council voted to outlaw the air shock back in May. Here it is November and it's still not in the rules, why do you think that is? Is it because some member had enough pull to overrule the entire Council?
    Careful because Mark Richards is on that council. Somebody may point a finger at him and then this thread will get deleted. LoL

I thought the whole point of the council was to have a discussion and then vote on rules. Well they did that and voted to Outlaw it, right or wrong it was voted to Outlaw it. However a couple of people who are board members had a serious vested interest in it cause such a big stink and had enough pull to get Lucas Oil and World of Outlaws to never actually put it in the rules.

Doesn't really matter if you think it's right or wrong. If one or two people can overrule the entire board something's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by slmcrewchief99 View Post
    Careful because Mark Richards is on that council. Somebody may point a finger at him and then this thread will get deleted. LoL
    This is only one item of many in a list of things that gets voted on and then changed how the rules are written so they allow certain things and not others which some people may be able to sell. That's what's going to happen when you have people on the board that have a financial steak and how the rules are written. You think it's strange that's something you can't or the person isn't willing to sell is illegal get something that you couldn't Buy yet, then become available got overruled on whether it was legal.

The whole counsel deal is only as good as its Transparency. I made this post before and included a lot more info and it did indeed get deleted.

The air shocks are cheaper. It's not about banning high cost components, it's all about banning components that take more than 3 brain cells to adjust. Just like Rumley's left rear device....

No dumber than what happened in 2015.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

Wasn't the UDTRA back in the 90s an attempt to unify body rules? It seems like STARS and HAT and other smaller regional series all agreed to that set of body rules. I don't remember if UMP was on board or not.
    I do remember Bloomquist and others complaining about the UMP rules and having to change their cars, or use different ones in the World 100 back in the day.

He'll only be as successful as the bosses let him be.

If the drivers (or high dollar component manufacturers) start complaining enough, he'll probably get reigned in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdirtfan View Post
    The rule enforcement remains to be seen. More importantly another hall of famer is done racing. I still remember the first time i saw a car on three wheels, thank you steve francis. I personally was hoping he would race regionally for a while, so maybe i could see him out front one last time. I still remember the daytime world where owens got him on like lap 85. Sad to see the colonel go.
    Hes been done racing for over a decade, just made it official

Winner winner chicken dinner

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdirtfan View Post
    The rule enforcement remains to be seen. More importantly another hall of famer is done racing. I still remember the first time i saw a car on three wheels, thank you steve francis. I personally was hoping he would race regionally for a while, so maybe i could see him out front one last time. I still remember the daytime world where owens got him on like lap 85. Sad to see the colonel go.
    I still have a Francis shirt that says The 3 wheel Bandit. Sat beside his mother and ? at Tazewell in late 90's also, good people/times. Another 15 will be missed

Ha its funny you mentioned the other 15, that was one of my thoughts as well. Man birky and francis gone it just makes me feel old. As far as dirty white boys comment, maybe out of the national level for two years not a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLER7FAN View Post
    I still have a Francis shirt that says The 3 wheel Bandit. Sat beside his mother and ? at Tazewell in late 90's also, good people/times. Another 15 will be missed
    You remember Mikes Used Cars sponsorship and that ugly Mopar car?

Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019