18 14.17%
  • Dont care

36 28.35%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bobby Pierce

I voted Lucas but either series would be cool

Quote Originally Posted by TackyTracker View Post
    I voted Lucas but either series would be cool
    I agree. No doubt Pierce can run with the big dogs. It's going to be good no matter what series he chooses.

Would rather see him run Lucas. Put up and shut up the haters

With Bob being crew chief and expected to be at every race, a series doesn't seem likely.

I voted don't care. Not to be a Richard, but b/c I think he'll do just fine for himself and the DB ride, be it woo, lucas, summernats, or true outlaw style schedule.

If he does chase points, woo or lucas will get a kid that puts butts in the seats and sells a ton of merch.

A lot would depend on what goals they have. Odds are, the top rated driver runs WOO. Lucas is going to be so strong with talent, they are going to beat each other up threw the season. Odds are the wins will be spread out, so it makes all of them look like less than they are. No one driver will dominate like Shep did in WOO this year and Richards did last year. That should add up to less wins for each contender in Lucas oil and great racing for us to watch.

Seeing how the car will carry Lucas sponsorship, he probly doesn't have a choice???

I will say, he'd probly get more help from the house car on the Woo tour!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

I imagine they stick to the Lucas tour.. the only thing always holding him back was the extra backing needed to run a tour. Now they have it, so can’t see them sticking to his typical pick and choose schedule. Kid can flat out drive, it’ll do him good to see new tracks and point race. Think he’s easily capable of finishing top 6 or 8 on the lucas tour while winning a handful of races. He’s exciting to watch, always takes times for kids in the pits, he’s good for the sport whatever route he chooses.

Lucas is not the primary sponsor. Campbell University is the primary sponsor. Lucas to EPJ and Stuckey.

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    Lucas is not the primary sponsor. Campbell University is the primary sponsor. Lucas to EPJ and Stuckey.
    which campbell university?
    what does a university get out of sponsoring a dirt late model?

not being a jerk , really dont see a correlation as to how it benefits a university
    The Stranger: Somebody left the door open and the wrong dogs came home.

The same reason that UNOH sponsored sprint cars / series. Why do colleges have commercials on TV? All about recruitment of students. Just like UNOH, Campbell is a private for-profit school and they choose to use some of their advertising budget on the DBM team. Its a billboard that travels all around the country and is seen thousands of different people.

Quote Originally Posted by 153J View Post
    which campbell university?
    what does a university get out of sponsoring a dirt late model?

not being a jerk , really dont see a correlation as to how it benefits a university
    Never been to bouies creek I take it??lol.

Go camels.....

Cool to see colleges doing unique marketing
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    Seeing how the car will carry Lucas sponsorship, he probly doesn't have a choice???

I will say, he'd probly get more help from the house car on the Woo tour!
    I'm pretty sure the Lucas sponsorship went to Stuckey/Black Diamond with EPJ

The decision has done been made on what series they will be in next season, it shouldn't come as a surprise to many given the car owners are.

Not really a surprise either since the DBM website has had lucas oil series listed on the new website since it was launched

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Lucas sponsorship went to Stuckey/Black Diamond with EPJ
    Yeah, I knew that but some expert on here said DB had an associate sponsorship from Lucas!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

I enjoy watching the youngster race. Don't really care what series if any. I know he loves Florence and Eldora and a couple of other good racing facilities.

Campbell University, "Go Camels" is a private Baptist-affiliated college in Buies Creek, NC...greater Fayetteville/Dunn neighborhood. That a university, ANY university would even consider sponsoring a dirt late model speaks volumes! The reality of Campbell being D-B's primary sponsor is very impressive.