Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wwso 2018

I read somewhere a while back that Scott Bloomquist is going to be here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by formercrewguy View Post
    It was well advertised long before Jan last year, that they were going to a qualifying format. Some like the I-80 style format, some don't. Last year saw tons of passing. This coming race will be great too!
    That's good, I didn't go. I won't go this year either. The change up happened in Tuson, but the ones that changed it are still at the new venue by Mesa.

Pierce is supposed to be there.

I also liked the passing points deal better, but I suppose I am just a die-hard as formats aren’t my deal breaker whether I attend an Event or not. Now if there aren’t any cars in the pits, that’s another story.... So that goes back to who should the Promoters cater to? I call that the “chasing your tail” debate. So if there are no cars, there be no fans, and if there’s no fans, there will be no Event.... What’s the difference between Moyer and Clanton saying saying they won’t be back if the format is passing points and fans that say they won’t come if it isn’t. (Aren’t these people one of the same???)

Obviously that’s quite the juggling act to keep everyone happy. IMO, giving the drivers a format they’d like along with all of the other stuff that’s being offered) and keeping it fairly priced so fans will want to come, and changing the time of racing so the quality of racing is better, is doing a pretty good job at TRYING to satisfy both fans and drivers alike.

Again, I also enjoy the passing points more than the qualifying, but if I only go to Events that offer a passing points format, I will find myself staying at home or away from the track more than I’d like.
    As far as who comes and who don’t, doesn’t bother me all that much. I like more of the Regional guys like Justin Kay, Terry Phillips, and when Randy Korte used to come out here. I thinks it’s cool when guys like Pierce and O’Neal and them guys come too, but it’s not a dealbreaker on who does or doesn’t show up here. I understand it’s not cheap for them to tow and stay out here.

Another reason why I enjoy this Event is for the Mods too. They put on a great show, and these fields are pretty stout too. I must say,I wasn’t initially a fan of the X-Mods, but they have been very competitive the last couple of years, and put on a good show as well.

Lastly, I know Chris Kearns, I have never had a beer or broke bread with the man, but I do know who he is. Other than that, I have no ties to this Event, staff, or race team. Bubster- I hate that you had a bad experience while you came down here, and I believe with all of the name calling (in your post) that it is personal to you, after all the money spent to get here. All I can say is that last year car counts were very good, and the attendance was probably record breaking. I would be willing to bet PPV purchases were very good too.

Well said Pushin!!!! I'm personally looking forward to another great event right here in our backyard! I also liked the passing points better, but don't mind the current format either. I have seen great racing throughout the years and that continues w/ the current format. The mods and xmods are excellent as well. And you mentioned price of tickets, I have to say this is the steal of the year in terms of payout/talent versus cost to attend. I will be there with a smile on my face enjoying some great racing and sharing a lot of good times w/ good friends. Now back on topic.... drivers list

It isn't that I don't go to events that are not passing points. It's traveling a long way and they change the format during the race days. After the first great passing points WWSO show, I talked friends into going, only they changed it during the series and we watched the train. It is about a bait and switch, by these promoters. If they wanted to change the format, they should have advertised it or waited till the next year. I am saying these promoters didn't take care of the fans and put them last in priorities. This fan put them last in priorities now, and told 5000 of my most interment friends about it. That is how business works.

Lol that you claim to have 5k friends.........internet or otherwise.

That's how respectfully calling it like I see it works.

I've told all two of my friends about it also.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

BMJ posted on Twitter he's not because they are going to FL for Speedweeks and he's not sure if Sr. is going west
    Last edited by MI Dirt Fan; 11-22-2017 at 06:50 AM.

0 Jake O’Neil
    1 EPJ
    B1 Brent Larson
    5B Brandon Sheppard
    7D Austin Theiss
    21 Billy Moyer
    22 TBA (G.R. Smith Motorsports)
    28 Jimmy Mars
    32 Chris Simpson
    32 Bobby Pierce
    42 Don Shaw
    48 Jonathan Davenport (His name is all over the flier....)
    51 Joey Moriarty
    Last edited by pushin cushin; 11-22-2017 at 12:26 AM.

5 John Duty
    10 Rick Ortega
    11x Steve Drake
    15 Justin Kay
    15 Justin Duty
    32 Clay Daly
    43 Dave Deetz
    71 Dustin Strand
    75 Terry Phillips
    86 Kyle Beard
    98 Jason Rauen

You put the money up, the drivers will come. The crying is just an attempt to use some leverage that is very shaky at best.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

0 Jake O’Neil
    1 EPJ
    B1 Brent Larson
    5 John Duty
    5B Brandon Sheppard
    7D Austin Theiss
    10 Rick Ortega
    11X Steve Drake
    15 Justin Kay
    15 Justin Duty
    21 Billy Moyer
    22 TBA (G.R. Smith Motorsports)
    28 Jimmy Mars
    32 Chris Simpson
    32 Bobby Pierce
    32B Clay Daly
    42 Don Shaw
    43 Dave Deetz
    49 Jonathan Davenport (His name is all over the flier....)
    51 Joey Moriarty
    71 Dustin Strand
    75 Terry Phillips
    86 Kyle Beard
    98 Jason Rauen

Add: 7 Ricky Weiss

17 Billy Franklin

157 Mike Marlar

Glad to see Marlar come back after hurting 2 motors last year. He was fast qualifier opening night as I remember.

Agreed - he has posted a number of solid runs throughout the year and especially in the waning months of the season! Glad he is coming back after a rough first try in the desert!!!

Is the rumor of 20rt driving for GR smith for this weekend ONLY confirmed anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by tb1545 View Post
    Is the rumor of 20rt driving for GR smith for this weekend ONLY confirmed anywhere?
    I heard that rumor but haven't seen it official yet.

Could it be a trial to see if Ricky is worthy of a late model ride with that team???

Just running my mod that week, nothing has came up for latemodel