Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ice bowl 2018

Default Ice bowl 2018

It,s nearly that time again , Jan 4 thru 7th , Gone be a long week down here , Alabama vs Clemson on new years day , then ice bowl Thursday thru Sunday , then the national championship game on Monday night , cant wait , who is coming ? .......ROLL TIDE........

I believe your a man up for them tasks bud. LOL... Lets hope its an all SEC championship
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Depends on the weather..... Go Dawgs!

My group will be there at least for the Sunday features. Who is your pick fastford?

I’ll be watching football. Pass on ice bowl.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Thomason View Post
    My group will be there at least for the Sunday features. Who is your pick fastford?
    dont have a specific pick , I am friends and help a lot of our local guys , so any one local , i will say if hes in it , i will pull a little more for Tim Rozell , he,s an old timer like me...LOL.....

foot ball is the monday before and the monday after , come on out and see us DC , I,ll save you a bowl off good ole deer chili.....

Even though im a diehard Seminole, I hate Clemson.

I have always been a Saban guy.......ROLL TIDE!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Thursday thru Sunday? Didn't this use to be a one day show? I'm assuming Thursday is a practice day. What's the rest of the time for?

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    Depends on the weather..... Go Dawgs!
    Yep ... Go DAWGS! And hopefully it's an all-SEC championship game.

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    foot ball is the monday before and the monday after , come on out and see us DC , I,ll save you a bowl off good ole deer chili.....
    Buddy. They ain’t anything at the ice bowl I care to watch. I’ve been to plenty of em in the past. It just ain’t for me. But yall enjoy. Hopefully the weather will be nice.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

thats cool DC , might be worth the ride down on sat for a bowl of that chili though...LOL....

Friday is for multiple practice sessions for all classes. Then mid-afternoon will be heat races for the Hot Shots for sure.

Saturday is super busy as there will be a hot lap session for all classes, then time trials for the late Models, then heat races for the Lates and Streets.

Sunday will have B-mains, then features.

Last year the weather was sweet, the track racy for daytime conditions, a huge car count and a giant crowd that cleaned us out in the concessions after being overly stocked, and 2 runs to get more.

Heck, even if I was not announcing, I would get out of the house for some racing and catchin' up with friends and racers, it is a real fun time.

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer

Another one day event split into two days. This is one of the reasons the sport is dying in the deep south. Very few promoters know how to operate a track.

TerryM: How would you suggest they run this event in one day since you know how to operate a track?Do you even have a clue how many cars participate in the Ice Bowl?Or are you just making opinions that are not based on historic facts?Please tell everyone how it should be handled properly and condensed into a 1 day show.Anxiously awaiting your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMonkey View Post
    TerryM: How would you suggest they run this event in one day since you know how to operate a track?Do you even have a clue how many cars participate in the Ice Bowl?Or are you just making opinions that are not based on historic facts?Please tell everyone how it should be handled properly and condensed into a 1 day show.Anxiously awaiting your answer.
    This is a dirt late model forum, so my opinion is about that class only. This is not a huge event. They could easily run it in one day. If they have to run 8 or 9 other classes, then split them into separate days and run a full late model show each night. There's plenty of solutions. But splitting the late model show in half and running only the feature the last day is the worst idea in the entire sport. Some promoters eventually figure it out and some never do. Good luck.

So you want the promoters to change the format of one of the biggest races in the south?What are they supposed to do? Tell the 50 Nesmith Late Models to not come? Tell the 40 Limited Late Models to not come? Fans like watching those divisions run at the Ice Bowl. If you would have attended an event there you might understand. But you haven't...so you don't know what you are talking about. You are being speculative.You can't strip out those divisions along with the other divisions and still have the Ice Bowl. If you do then its just another race.

ive been to the ice bowl for the past 10+ years, you cant run it in one day. there will be 50-60 supers, 50-60 crates, 30-40 limiteds, i imagine around 40 602, 30-40 street stock, 40-50 buzz cars

With the temps below freezing here in the Midwest, I can't imagine racing this time of the year. Hope you folks get some nice weather for this event. I'll say, you're a hardcore fan supporting a race in December. Enjoy and stay safe.
    8/13/16

the weather is for sure unpredictable this time of year. we sat in the snow last year on the first try only to have it rescheduled the following week. we had on t shirts and some had on shorts when we did get to race. I agree the race can not be ran in one day. I have raced this race the last several years and always say I wont do it next year lol. looks like we are getting the cars ready now to make the trip.