Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tanner English

Default Tanner English

In my opinion, I feel he got screwed. Had the lead, then caution and was sent back to second. Then Tyler dumped him. That race was his. He proved that he can run with anyone. I salute you #96!

Something about the leader and 2nd place car have to cross line before yellow for that lap to count...Only Tanner crossed so they went back to previous lap scored which Bobby led...

It looked to me like he had the lead for 2 laps when the caution came out. I haven’t watched any video yet to confirm this but watching it live, sure looked like he got the short end of the stick on that call.

I have no problem with the call that put him to second when he was racing Pierce.
    I don't understand why he was sent to the back for the incident with Carpenter though.

No consistency on the calls all weekend. Some times they would send all cars that stopped to the tail, sometimes none, and other times judgment calls

I agree with 427c.i.

If his name was Bloomquist or Moyer, then he would have been put in front. He got screwed by Cody or whomever made that call.

Moyer spun and didn't come to a complete stop and they sent him to the tail.

If you are the cause for the caution, you go to the tail.

They've said the rule was that the leader and the second place car had to cross the line for the lap to be complete. 32 hadn't crossed yet when the yellow came out. Terrible call if you ask me, they could've waited another split second for Pierce to cross over then put it out. Sounds to me like the officials doing what they could do to put the spotlight on the midwests golden child.

Don’t think Tyler dumped him. He might have crowded him low but didn’t dump him.

Quote Originally Posted by dirt junkie View Post
    They've said the rule was that the leader and the second place car had to cross the line for the lap to be complete. 32 hadn't crossed yet when the yellow came out. Terrible call if you ask me, they could've waited another split second for Pierce to cross over then put it out. Sounds to me like the officials doing what they could do to put the spotlight on the midwests golden child.
    I completely agree. There was not consistency both nights as to when the yellow was being thrown. Plus there was no consistency as to who when to the rear when. A few lesser named drivers felt like they got screwed in the heats when bigger names didn't have to go to the back.

I'm not bashing carpenter at all and I don't think he dumped English. However, I don't see how anyone could say English was at fault for the caution. There were 2-3 lanes of racetrack above Carpenter.

Group of us watching all said the same thing. English should have been leader for the restart.

Hard to call the guy on the top for the guy on the bottom driving into him just saying
    Attached Images Attached Images

And Tyler didn’t dump anyone he was on the outside and ahead of tanner if anyone screwed him it was him self he locked it out and made Babb run into him

Quote Originally Posted by dirt junkie View Post
    Yea, that's gotta be it..... Cody (who has nothing to do with scoring) just didn't want Tanner to win. SMH Do you guys that call yourselves fans actually pay attention to the rules and calls when they are called against drivers other than the ones you cheer for? The scoring staff wasn't a bunch of rookies.

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    Yea, that's gotta be it..... Cody (who has nothing to do with scoring) just didn't want Tanner to win. SMH Do you guys that call yourselves fans actually pay attention to the rules and calls when they are called against drivers other than the ones you cheer for? The scoring staff wasn't a bunch of rookies.
    I was thinking the same thing.

It's the leader plus 1

your missing my point, sometimes they waited till nearly 1/2 lap before the yellow was thrown, other times not so it seemed more subjective than most tracks I attend.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrace View Post
    your missing my point, sometimes they waited till nearly 1/2 lap before the yellow was thrown, other times not so it seemed more subjective than most tracks I attend.
    OK I see what your saying. you make a valid point. I can't answer to that.

It's really easy to second guess those calls... depends on who has the authority to throw the yellow. Some tracks give that job to the flag man... some to the scorers and sometimes both. Each incident is different. On a track that small things happen very fast.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019