Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rusty

Default Rusty

Seen a interview Rusty Schlenk did over the weekend with Rusty Griffaw. Sounds like hes looking into running for WoO rookie of the yr or the whole Summer Nationals. He said hes going to Florida but will make a decision soon. Good Luck Rusty!! Hope you the best I'll be pulling for you!!

He has impressed me the last year or so. I think he is better in that car then people give him credit for. WoO might be a stretch but I could see him picking up a few wins on the summer nats tour.

Summer nationals would be a good fit.

Best of luck to him and team in 18. He's a racer's racer imo

dont know that much about him , but after a bit of bashing he took here on some earlier threads , and still pulling for the old man , i became a fan , so i wish them luck.........

He's run a decent amt of summer Nat's before and a good selling region for Rayburn. I'd expect that over woo with traveling being less and marketing along with knowing the tracks and making more money

Ya he parlayed what he called the best car at the dome to a last place feature finishon friday, after screwing up and hitting the wall and then wrecking half the front runners. I have hoped for years that he would run the whole summernationals. Put up or shut up time i think.

I'm not sure where he is going to get the sponsorship $'s to run the entire WoO's schedule, even if he runs well in Florida. But, I'm anxious to see how he stacks up with them this winter. I think the summer nats fits Rusty better for now but only Rusty knows and he will do whatevers best for him and his family.. One thing I do know, he's a great wheelman, father, husband and friend. I wish him nothing but the best in whatever decision he makes.

Buckeye will have to do more concrete work and CJ wil have to build more cars. With Pierce going to Dunn Benson Rusty should have a real good shot at the SN Title and the UMP National Title in the same season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    He's run a decent amt of summer Nat's before and a good selling region for Rayburn. I'd expect that over woo with traveling being less and marketing along with knowing the tracks and making more money
    6 with Oakshade being 2 of them lol

Default Schlenk lol

I have never seen such delusional people this guy doesn't even win the track championship at his home track I have watched this guy race for years starting at Butler motor speedway he cant run 3 laps the same and he has no hauler to run across the country or even run the complete summer nationals geeez what delusionals if he tries the WOO he will be back at Oakshade by July 4th any takers on a bet??????

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by goincircles View Post
    I have never seen such delusional people this guy doesn't even win the track championship at his home track I have watched this guy race for years starting at Butler motor speedway he cant run 3 laps the same and he has no hauler to run across the country or even run the complete summer nationals geeez what delusionals if he tries the WOO he will be back at Oakshade by July 4th any takers on a bet??????
    You must be a moron. He's got 6 Oakshade track championships to his credit - 2005, 2006, 2010, 2011, 2012, & 2014. I bet you couldn't do an 1/8th of what he does on the same budget.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - 5/25 Shadyhill
    2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdirtfan View Post
    you must be a moron. He's got 6 oakshade track championships to his credit - 2005, 2006, 2010, 2011, 2012, & 2014. I bet you couldn't do an 1/8th of what he does on the same budget.
    ***********yes***********
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by goincircles View Post
    Probably the main reason he didn't win the points championship at Oakshade is because he didn't run for the points championship. If you check the record you'll see he didn't enter all the points races this year. If he had he would have won easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Mams View Post
    Probably the main reason he didn't win the points championship at Oakshade is because he didn't run for the points championship. If you check the record you'll see he didn't enter all the points races this year. If he had he would have won easily.
    Don't let the facts get in the way of a Rusty bashing.

You rusty lovers are correct, he did not run for the oakshade points. As always with a rusty post, his budget has been brought up. Well what are the facts on who he beats at oakshade and all the other bodunk tracks he ran this summer. Most of those guys are on even smaller budgets and the ones that arent are very likely just racing for fun. Stop crying about his budget and realize he isnt a national level driver. Building your budget is part of the deal.

I didn't start this thread for Rusty bashing. I just thought it was interesting that hes looking to do something new next yr. But for some reason everyone wants to bash someone if not Rusty its someone else!! Why can't people be happy for the young talent we have in the sport!!

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    You must be a moron. He's got 6 Oakshade track championships to his credit - 2005, 2006, 2010, 2011, 2012, & 2014. I bet you couldn't do an 1/8th of what he does on the same budget.
    x2. Also you have to try to run for a points championship to actually win one. Moron is correct

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    You must be a moron. He's got 6 Oakshade track championships to his credit - 2005, 2006, 2010, 2011, 2012, & 2014.you cou I bet ldn't do an 1/8th of what he does on the same budget.
    How has he done the last 3 years lol he hasn't and speaking of morans how do you think Crusty is going to run the summer nationals or WOO with his budget you said it your self lol
    .you cou I bet ldn't do an 1/8th of what he does on the same budget.[/QUOTE] ???? hello bonehead.Every year I hear this junk Wusty Wusty Wusty he runs Oakshade all year and cherry picks just enough to be top 3 in UMP

Quote Originally Posted by Mams View Post
    Wrong again the top 3 in points run right with him week in and week out his days are behind him