Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Someone on here stated awhile back there was some talk around some race shops they were hearing some talk of some new nose mounting and body rules coming for 2018. I hope this chain is not all we get...
    Mike
    I hate the Steelers more than I hate the Buckeyes !

Facebook

right front nose no higher than 13 inches from the ground

do t know why people think it needs to be different with different cars fact is that at full droop the deck cant be higher than 47. u might have to mess with ur deck bar a little or make new mounting points.

Quote Originally Posted by GRT62 View Post
    The chassis brand doesn't matter in the video he says the are going to measure the deck height at full droop I believe he said 47 inches at full droop.
    That's the way I understood it as well. With a 1/2 inch leeway. It's not how you get there, it's that 47 inch measurement at full droop.
    8/13/16

Im speaking on the fact that people were saying different chassis had different drop length measurements they could easily jack the car under the seat. With that being said I think this is a stupid rule, the smaller you make the box the higher you drive up the price to be competitive,
    Might be a stupid rule but you got stupid rules because of chassis/teams over push the grey areas. You give a 1/2 inch they push for inch, you give them 1 inch they push for 2 inches. One person starts doing it, then everyone starts pushing see how far they can go with it. Don't like the rules that are set, don't run that series or track.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwd1253 View Post
    Might be a stupid rule but you got stupid rules because of chassis/teams over push the grey areas. You give a 1/2 inch they push for inch, you give them 1 inch they push for 2 inches. One person starts doing it, then everyone starts pushing see how far they can go with it. Don't like the rules that are set, don't run that series or track.
    So do you think this rule is going to help the racing in any positive way? do you think we are going to take hike out of the car or just drop the deck down this rule will do nothing. How about you enforce the body rules and there is no need for a "Overton Rule".

So do you think this rule is going to help the racing in any positive way? do you think we are going to take hike out of the car or just drop the deck down this rule will do nothing. How about you enforce the body rules and there is no need for a "Overton Rule".
    This rule should result in less rollovers if they implement and check it correctly.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

Better track prep will prevent more rollovers

Quote Originally Posted by Drop Shock View Post
    The chassis brand does matter though because the rules say that cars have to have underslung bars, because that's where they're going to jack the cars up at. I know Mastersbilt and Swartz still build cars without them, and I'm sure there are others out there too
    underslung or not, every car has a location on the rear of the chassis to jack it up from.

You are going to see the left underslung bars moved as far right as possible so when you jack it lifts the right side as much as possible.

It shouldnt matter what chassis you have if you are over 47.5 at full droop you have to change something whether it be deck mounts, underslung rail, shock lengths, chain, whatever, however if you car has no underslung rail, car guys would it matter if the car was jacked up under frame rail under driver or say the rear bumper? Would the deck height measure the same or could they be different depending where it was jacked up at?

Theres no doubt some of these guys a$$ ends are pushing 5ft high...

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    It shouldnt matter what chassis you have if you are over 47.5 at full droop you have to change something whether it be deck mounts, underslung rail, shock lengths, chain, whatever, however if you car has no underslung rail, car guys would it matter if the car was jacked up under frame rail under driver or say the rear bumper? Would the deck height measure the same or could they be different depending where it was jacked up at?
    Yes it matters, how much will depend on the situaltion.

Take for example: 2 exact identical cars set up just like Ray showed in the video, so perfectly legal and to the exact limit allowed.

The only difference is the RF shock package. One has a lot more rebound and zero point on the shock, so after the races and it's time to tech the cars. The one with the high rebound and zero point will still be compressed some from it's normal ride hieght on the RF. This car will be illegal (this could be easily 1 to 2" over the limit now) unless it's allowed enough time for the RF to come back to it's normal ride hieght.

This is gonna cause some issues during tech.

Not saying I have an issue with the rule, it's about how it's going to be policed and I see tons of issues that are going to happen during tech'ing that will cause some issues. Those will need to be clarified and addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    When you lift closer to the rr wheel, the rr suspension will be compressed less and the chassis will be angled less left to right when you take the measurement. Both will effect the ultimate deck height as Ray proposes to measure it.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    Not saying I have an issue with the rule, it's about how it's going to be policed and I see tons of issues that are going to happen during tech'ing that will cause some issues. Those will need to be clarified and addressed.
    agreed. Ray has been around awhile, hopefully he has thought about the different scenarios and has a clear plan in place for tech.

Well this suppose to help cars being safer. I do agree with you, think they should do something about the bodies. Wedge body are going to get out of hand. Lot people think they have already and some don't. So far I haven't heard any series push for enforcing no wedge body rules. I don't know if you see ray enforce that rule. He is racer, if he likes it and lot other series not enforcing it, I'm sure he let teams keep doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    When you lift closer to the rr wheel, the rr suspension will be compressed less and the chassis will be angled less left to right when you take the measurement. Both will effect the ultimate deck height as Ray proposes to measure it.
    Then imo they should jack every car from same spot and allow a few min for bleed off of shocks...then measure, if the rf shock had little or a ton of rebound I don't think would matter cause either way your chain or rail will be that much closer or further to picking up the lr tire depending on what you got...I agree with what u said masters built I think if it becomes a rule across the board a lot of people's gna have to shorten the chain or dial down the shock package or lower their wedged rear deck..or a little of all 3...
    Last edited by Illtsate32; 12-20-2017 at 07:06 PM.

If anyone thinks this is going to help with roll overs, I have some ocean front property in Arizona for sale at a good price.

with a pull down rig its not going to matter, youll be able to duplicate it at different heights, that is if you have good numbers to work from now
    Last edited by grt74; 12-20-2017 at 08:14 PM.