Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I like the rule. Takes us back to what.......... pre rumley device which was 2014.

They can call it a safety rule if they want but we all know what theyre after.

A lot of setup advanvement in the last 3 years just got put away and i like it.

It warms my heart to see kevin rumley make childish twitter posts about the droop rule and whine because the dlm world wont go in the direction he wants it to.

People say hes running cars off.... not really, he still pays good money to win so i dont see many people skipping him because of some rule. I didnt see lucas drivers skipping charlotte because woo allows air shocks.

Quote Originally Posted by King1 View Post
    I like the rule. Takes us back to what.......... pre rumley device which was 2014. They can call it a safety rule if they want but we all know what theyre after. A lot of setup advanvement in the last 3 years just got put away and i like it.It warms my heart to see kevin rumley make childish twitter posts about the droop rule and whine because the dlm world wont go in the direction he wants it to. People say hes running cars off.... not really, he still pays good money to win so i dont see many people skipping him because of some rule. I didnt see lucas drivers skipping charlotte because woo allows air shocks.
    A little FYI for you.... Lucas allows air shocks as well... Ray done ran Overton off with these rules.

So you contend that Overton was content driving what is " supposedly " the finest car ever assembled at racing paying 3-5k to win and just wanted to do that the next 30 years instead of showing what he can do against other guys with similar equipment and talent ??

So why don’t Ray post “changes” he made to keep his car fast??? If he really wants to help everyone he would have listed what he as done? Not all his racers want to go “test” to find speed under this rule.Looks like he gave himself and Capital an advantage in his series. I bet Longhorn, Rocket, BWRC etc.. will not test this rule which equals no info for their average joes.

It is the 'RAY COOK SERIES'' so he can do as he pleases.I don't think he made the rule just to run Overton/Weaver off but I'm sure he figured there would be some that would take exception to it and knew that may cost him cars.And at most of his races he can't afford to lose too many cars,the back half of the field is usually crate limited/limited cars at most races.

there is one problem with this rule, the national guys aren't picking it up, a regional show is for the regional guys to get better so they can compete with the national guys, now this is going to somewhat handy-cap them (unless you go do your homework)
    and as far as making the cars safer, they didn't, just the facts, are cars going to flip over(yes), did he make them safer in the event of a flip over (no)
    i commend ray (for safety and trying to make it safer,im all for that) and he is a likable guy but this wasn't the answer

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    So you contend that Overton was content driving what is " supposedly " the finest car ever assembled at racing paying 3-5k to win and just wanted to do that the next 30 years instead of showing what he can do against other guys with similar equipment and talent ??
    they are just right on the edge on the racing technology (thats what its going to take in todays supers, its very hard to turn back the hands of time), its not a bad thing for them to be at the shows, if you beat them your racing on a national level, overton can be beat and he didn't win every race he entered

https://youtu.be/l6RTgFxEWFY Maybe rollovers ain’t something new and we only hear about it so much because of social media????

No, the frequency of rollovers and entrapment's have increased exponentially ever since the adaptation of the, "On The Hook" setup started jacking the car up in the rear. Did cars ever roll over before this? YES, but not nearly as often as they do since 1998.
    I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive

I dont understand why they call this a "droop rule" , if your measuring the deck height from the ground , then why change your droop, just leave your set up alone, jack the car up the way they will be doing when they are going to check it and lower the deck to there limit , you have not changed any thing except loosing a bit of down force , the dynamics of the chassis is still the same ,

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    I dont understand why they call this a "droop rule" , if your measuring the deck height from the ground , then why change your droop, just leave your set up alone, jack the car up the way they will be doing when they are going to check it and lower the deck to there limit , you have not changed any thing except loosing a bit of down force , the dynamics of the chassis is still the same ,
    Ray added the deck must be between 37 and 39" at ride height. So you can lower the deck some but may not be enough and actually have to shorten the chain.

OK , I see now , so they will have a set measurement for ride height and then a set measurement when jacked up , still looks like it could be manipulated though .......

I feel Lucas and WoO is waiting to see how this plays out. Ray has received a lot of praise from national drivers, if it works, don't be surprised to see it in the 2 series.

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    Cars roll and almost roll with insane regularlity now.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 12-23-2017 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Wrong quote
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    Ray added the deck must be between 37 and 39" at ride height. So you can lower the deck some but may not be enough and actually have to shorten the chain.
    Minimum deck height rule just so the fast cars beating Ray's buddies have to take drop out to run with them. Also not letting guys with Swartz, Mastersbilts, older rockets, GRT's, etc run with them. This is hands down the dumbest thing done in dirt late model racing in quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
    I have never seen so much crying as there is in this thread. "Oh woh is me, my tech is illegal and I'm too dumb to tink for my self..." Boo-Freaking-Hoo!
    It's pretty much the same people that cry about LM cost are out of hand, then cry when new rules are made every year. It's like that man/woman no matter what you do they b!tch just to b!tch.

Drop shock where are you getting older cars can't run the series nowhere do I see that Please enlighten me This is how far things have got out of hand I have a three link clip car that would not pass his rules yes a hobby car that's going to car but if you want to keep up you gotta do it.

I raised the nose 3 times last year to keep from burying it in race track it car had more straightaway speed it's quite possible i would have flipped it.

Quote Originally Posted by RW57 View Post
    Drop shock where are you getting older cars can't run the series nowhere do I see that Please enlighten me This is how far things have got out of hand I have a three link clip car that would not pass his rules yes a hobby car that's going to car but if you want to keep up you gotta do it.
    Says all cars must have an underslung bar because that's where they jack up to check the deck height. Not all cars have underslung capabilities, old and brand new. It's a dumb rule, period

Quote Originally Posted by Drop Shock View Post
    Says all cars must have an underslung bar because that's where they jack up to check the deck height. Not all cars have underslung capabilities, old and brand new. It's a dumb rule, period
    up until the rule was made no cars had door plates in them either. Despite all the bickering, nobody stayed home because of the rule...