Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I don't know how they plan to force this rule fairly among the all different types of chassis. I was told by a driver that ran most of his deal last year that called Ray and ask him about his chassis that was not under slung and Ray told him he could not run. Seems to me that this is something that is trying to get pushed on by promoting safety but at the races I saw this year the cars that did flip were not because of this they were either rough track or nose pieces digging into the track. I hear that all the other regional and national series are on a wait and see deal about this but when is this going to debut? SNBS at 411 next week and don't Tilley go by Ray rules?

If I understand correctly, they're going by last years rules for the Hangover race:

http://www.4m.net/showthread.php?379...er-Late-Models

Quote Originally Posted by Drop Shock View Post
    Says all cars must have an underslung bar because that's where they jack up to check the deck height. Not all cars have underslung capabilities, old and brand new. It's a dumb rule, period
    Kryptonite cars not under slung either. The Carpenter boys are not happy at all with this part of the rule from what I've seen.

If only deck height was the answer to roll overs or even bicycling, a go kart would never do either. This rule makes no sense if that is the object. If you want to make a rule, don't blame it on safety, when it has nothing to do with it.

If this was just a rule to keep the big boys out of the Sumner nationals, say so. If it's just a rule to make the back half of the entrants a little more competitive, say so. If these regional drivers don't run on the same rules all the time as the touring guys, it takes money out of their pocket, when they try. Oh we can just raise the dynamic ride height and rent a track to test. If we decide we don't need a spread bore power for the Southern nationals, do we just buy one for WOO and Lucas when they come around or just get locked in to running one regional series? Rules need to be made by all or by none.

Its not like he scored bloomquist, richards, sheppard, mccreadie, and oneal every week anyway. The only one hes losing in overton and marlar and he lost them before the rule was released. Build a bridge and get over it guys. Those of you from east tennessee that are posting are still gonna go to the ray cook shows anyway and those of you that race are still gonna enter the shows because they pay good and the heavy hitters arent there.

Mcintosh is gone and king is gone. All you have anyway is casey roberts, david payne, vic hill, ricky weiss, and jason welshan. Those guys (for the most part) were 5th on back so that puts the back markers running top 10. Sounds like ray cook ia giving some guys a shot at making more money.

Stop talking about the pros following the tour. They are following woo and lucas regardless. He didnt run anybody off.

If ray cook wanted to attract top tier drivers he would pay top money. He's not worried about those guys. The locals will gladly enter the races and take droop out and all is well. Those guys know what to do. It was normal 3 years ago.

I would like to see the boggs swartz cars enter those races though. They have been using 7 inches of droop since 2012, Boggs was doing itong before rumley was.
    Last edited by King1; 12-24-2017 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    up until the rule was made no cars had door plates in them either. Despite all the bickering, nobody stayed home because of the rule...
    They did not want to weld those door plates on like Eldora originally posted was the rule. I wasn't until the drivers questioned the rule, then they were allowed the bolt on door plates. Are they gonna allow people to bolt on an underslung mount and bar??

As for the Boggs Swartz cars, I'd say there will be no participation unless this rule is made more fair

I dont see whats fair and what isnt fair. These guys just have to go back to 4 inches of droop and scale the cars with wedge thats in the standard setup guides. Im sure longhorn and rocket will make "brandon overton rule" 4 bar and j bar plates and ppm will make the aftermarket version and life is peachy. Again this type of thing was normal 3 years ago for anybody that didnt have a swartz car.

Thanks i did not see the part about the underrail

Quote Originally Posted by King1 View Post
    I dont see whats fair and what isnt fair. These guys just have to go back to 4 inches of droop and scale the cars with wedge thats in the standard setup guides. Im sure longhorn and rocket will make "brandon overton rule" 4 bar and j bar plates and ppm will make the aftermarket version and life is peachy. Again this type of thing was normal 3 years ago for anybody that didnt have a swartz car.
    I just know I wouldn't be the one that has to call Jackie and say "hey man I know you and you have been supporting us for a lot of years, but you and your customers are not allowed to race with us unless you weld 15 pounds or tubing into your car"

Bolt on an undersung. Go race. Or don't. Might be 5#.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

Where does it say you cant have an over rail car? If thats the case then no mastersbilt cars allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by King1 View Post
    Where does it say you cant have an over rail car? If thats the case then no mastersbilt cars allowed.
    From their rules bulliten:
    -Car must have a frame (under swung) on the left-rear between the bell of rear-end and the birdcage with a jackpeg or weight clamp bolted on for the jack to lift the car.

Bolting in an underslung like that used to do on the old black front rockets would be cool, but I saw a tweet where Ray said they had to be welded in

From their rules bulliten:
    -Car must have a frame (under swung) on the left-rear between the bell of rear-end and the birdcage with a jackpeg or weight clamp bolted on for the jack to lift the car.

Bolting in an underslung like that used to do on the old black front rockets would be cool, but I saw a tweet where Ray said they had to be welded in
    Agreed. Shouldn't have to weld it. Actually, the newer Masters cars have bolt in LR underslungs.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

Well. I dont mind the droop limit but to have an under rail welded in is kinda dumb. Its whatever i guess. A car that isnt an under rail to begin with would be odd to have to weld one in. That would be a long piece of tubing to run from the j bar mount to the rear bumper.

Any takers on a Rumley device connected to the under slung bar letting it raise before the car does making its way in somewhere???? I am an uneducated dumbhole, but bet I could get by this according to the “rule” and how it will be checked. I might even sell the “device “ to anyone wanting to beat the rule!

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    up until the rule was made no cars had door plates in them either. Despite all the bickering, nobody stayed home because of the rule...
    Because the door plate rule actually makes sense.

King1,

My 2016 Mastersbilt has bolt in underslungs and it came that way right from Mastersbilt. They are also bolted in and easily removed/re-added. Removing them is only about 8 lbs of weight difference.
    Last edited by cjsracing; 12-24-2017 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cjsracing View Post
    King1,

My 2016 Mastersbilt has bolt in underslungs and it came that way right from Mastersbilt. They are also bolted in and easily removed/re-added. Removing them is only about 8 lbs of weight difference.
    My last mastersbilt was a 2013 model. It did not have a under rail option.

Mastersbilt has made under-rail cars and so has Swartz, but the vast majority of their cars produced in the last 5 to 10 years are over-rail cars

Mastersbilt has made under-rail cars and so has Swartz, but the vast majority of their cars produced in the last 5 to 10 years are over-rail cars
    I'm sure the over-rail aspect of the rule can be dealt with.
    I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive