Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dirt on Dirt

don't we supposedly live in a free market system?

"In economics, a free market is an idealized system in which the prices for goods and services are determined by the open market and consumers, in which the laws and forces of supply and demand are free from any intervention by a government, price-setting monopoly, or other authority."

I would consider Dirt on Dirt to be an ideal example. Congratulations on what they offer to sell. It's up to us (the consumer), to determine if they are successful. Lots of opinions cast between consumers concerning what others should be consuming.

JMO: not a subscriber, for my own reasons, but I have to say I have great respect for Michael Rigsby, not only for posting a reply here, but also for what he and the Dirt on Dirt team have created. An example that with passion, hard work, and a bit of vision, the American dream does still exist. well done.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

No sin in trying to make a buck. These guys put out a very unique product that no one has reproduced and they do it well. I'll support DoD as long as I can because the stuff they offer is of high value to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindwalker View Post
    Big Late Model fan here.... I said goodbye a few years ago and now I'm sure I won't be back. Good luck to them tho. Ain't worth it to me.....
    You Illinois tightwad you!!!!

I might be missing something here,but my renew was $89.99.
    The ONLY thing I would like to see change would be that they didn't cut so many laps out.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtonDirt View Post
    Hey all ... thanks so much for the feedback and I'm happy to respond.

Obviously NO COMPANY wants to raise prices. Ever. It's not something anyone wants to do. So it's not a decision we take lightly, and really contemplate before we do it.

To answer the questions in this thread regarding the "why" ... it's pretty simple. As was stated by many people, the amount of people we now have covering races, (ESPECIALLY regional content now, and growing national content like including interviews from the TOP TEN many places) ... is growing each and every year. And will continue to grow this year. It is more expensive than ever to put someone on the road, pay their salary, expenses, insurance, etc. etc. Costs just keep rising.

When we make a price increase, it goes right back into hiring folks and providing for other aspects of racing. As someone else mentioned, we have REALLY engaged in sponsorships not just on the national tours, but regional tours as well. We spend thousands to give back to the sport that's made us what we are, and that's really important to us.

For the amount of the raise, obviously everyone is on a budget, and we appreciate that ... which is why we kept it delicate. $1.00/month for monthly folks, and $0.83/month for yearly folks. It all counts ... I get that, but we felt that was minimal. 1 buck or 83 cents/month we thought was "acceptable". Or as close to it as we could get.

And I can CONFIDENTLY TELL YOU ... that unless something drastic happens ... this is our final price raise for quite some time. Of course something could happen where we include several LIVE races in a subscription, and we'd perhaps bump it then, but as it stands, it will be a LONG time before any price raise is even considered again. Again, unless something DRASTIC happens, there are no price raises on the horizon for DirtonDirt.com. (Again the only "other option" on that would be if we changed our pricing models to include PPV's which isn't feasible for us right now. See below.)

Regarding including PPV's in the subscription cost. We are exploring the idea of giving some to subscribers this year, but there's a major reason we don't. We share revenue with the racetrack EVERY SINGLE TIME we do a LIVE PPV ... and we can't include that in our subscription cost, or there is no revenue being generated for that specific event with the track. Those relationships are REALLY important to us, and that's why we handle them in that fashion. But keep an eye on 2018 as a year you may have one included in your subscription cost!

Which is also why we don't offer "other packages/subscriptions". There's the DoD subscription, and then every time we go LIVE we're in a partnership with the track, so those costs have to be kept separate, and worked out with the track.

And regarding discounts for subscribers on PPV's. EVERY multi-day PPV ... there is a subscriber discount, aside from Eldora and Gateway. So virtually all of them we try to take care of our subscribers. For instance the upcoming Wild West Shootout if your'e a subscriber you get $10 off the whole package!

A few notes on some of the responses. For the person wanting us to interview more drivers, etc. this time of year. I'd steer you to our PRI coverage. Over FORTY drivers were interviewed in two days alone, and our DirtWire page has been on fire the entire "offseason" with driver interviews, etc. We are definitely not lacking in the content department. Throw in Late Model LIVE, and we have mountains of driver interviews/content.

For person talking frequency of price raise. Last one was 2016 ... so it's been nearly two years.

In closing ... it's basically a dollars and cents thing. if you've been with us since the beginning, you know the MOUNTAIN of more content we've added, and continue to add each year. That comes at a cost, and we do our best to be fair to the subscribers, while covering the rising costs.

I'm just like you ... I'm a fan, and I know you have a choice. All I can promise you is ... we'll leave it all on the field for you. I think about our subscribers EVERY SINGLE DAY. I want the value to be there, and will fight for you ... for it.

Hope you understand where we're coming from, and thanks so much for your time.

Michael Rigsby
    DirtonDirt.com
    Thanks for at least posting a response. Love the coverage. Keep up the good work.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - 5/25 Shadyhill
    2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1

I've been with DoD from the start for many reasons.. I too love DLM racing and as much as I'd like to get to 50+ races a year I can't so my subscription gets renewed.. To me it's still a bargain even at the increased price.. Thanks again DoD for all your hard work trying to bring us the content you do

Quote Originally Posted by DirtonDirt View Post
    Hey all ... thanks so much for the feedback and I'm happy to respond.

Obviously NO COMPANY wants to raise prices. Ever. It's not something anyone wants to do. So it's not a decision we take lightly, and really contemplate before we do it.

To answer the questions in this thread regarding the "why" ... it's pretty simple. As was stated by many people, the amount of people we now have covering races, (ESPECIALLY regional content now, and growing national content like including interviews from the TOP TEN many places) ... is growing each and every year. And will continue to grow this year. It is more expensive than ever to put someone on the road, pay their salary, expenses, insurance, etc. etc. Costs just keep rising.

When we make a price increase, it goes right back into hiring folks and providing for other aspects of racing. As someone else mentioned, we have REALLY engaged in sponsorships not just on the national tours, but regional tours as well. We spend thousands to give back to the sport that's made us what we are, and that's really important to us.

For the amount of the raise, obviously everyone is on a budget, and we appreciate that ... which is why we kept it delicate. $1.00/month for monthly folks, and $0.83/month for yearly folks. It all counts ... I get that, but we felt that was minimal. 1 buck or 83 cents/month we thought was "acceptable". Or as close to it as we could get.

And I can CONFIDENTLY TELL YOU ... that unless something drastic happens ... this is our final price raise for quite some time. Of course something could happen where we include several LIVE races in a subscription, and we'd perhaps bump it then, but as it stands, it will be a LONG time before any price raise is even considered again. Again, unless something DRASTIC happens, there are no price raises on the horizon for DirtonDirt.com. (Again the only "other option" on that would be if we changed our pricing models to include PPV's which isn't feasible for us right now. See below.)

Regarding including PPV's in the subscription cost. We are exploring the idea of giving some to subscribers this year, but there's a major reason we don't. We share revenue with the racetrack EVERY SINGLE TIME we do a LIVE PPV ... and we can't include that in our subscription cost, or there is no revenue being generated for that specific event with the track. Those relationships are REALLY important to us, and that's why we handle them in that fashion. But keep an eye on 2018 as a year you may have one included in your subscription cost!

Which is also why we don't offer "other packages/subscriptions". There's the DoD subscription, and then every time we go LIVE we're in a partnership with the track, so those costs have to be kept separate, and worked out with the track.

And regarding discounts for subscribers on PPV's. EVERY multi-day PPV ... there is a subscriber discount, aside from Eldora and Gateway. So virtually all of them we try to take care of our subscribers. For instance the upcoming Wild West Shootout if your'e a subscriber you get $10 off the whole package!

A few notes on some of the responses. For the person wanting us to interview more drivers, etc. this time of year. I'd steer you to our PRI coverage. Over FORTY drivers were interviewed in two days alone, and our DirtWire page has been on fire the entire "offseason" with driver interviews, etc. We are definitely not lacking in the content department. Throw in Late Model LIVE, and we have mountains of driver interviews/content.

For person talking frequency of price raise. Last one was 2016 ... so it's been nearly two years.

In closing ... it's basically a dollars and cents thing. if you've been with us since the beginning, you know the MOUNTAIN of more content we've added, and continue to add each year. That comes at a cost, and we do our best to be fair to the subscribers, while covering the rising costs.

I'm just like you ... I'm a fan, and I know you have a choice. All I can promise you is ... we'll leave it all on the field for you. I think about our subscribers EVERY SINGLE DAY. I want the value to be there, and will fight for you ... for it.

Hope you understand where we're coming from, and thanks so much for your time.

Michael Rigsby
    DirtonDirt.com

Thank you for coming on here and answering/correcting the naysayers.

I have been a loyal customer of yours from the get go and the value of your product is a LOT more than what you charge us for it.

Thank you to you and your crew for all you do for the fans, the racers, and the promoters.

Keep up the good work !!!
    Last edited by fryefan; 01-04-2018 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by turnleftandgasit View Post
    Based off the number of drunks I see at tracks, many of you could afford lots of things if you just put the bottle down.
    That and/or the money they spend on cancer sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    There is NO OTHER SOURCE that gives you all of this content. None. Not one. Doesn't exist. Yes you can get copied results or even crappy grainy video on social media. But that is exactly what you have. And if that fulfills you then that is okay. But for the folks who enjoy seeing racing from every corner of the country and hearing drivers immediate post race reactions. For those who enjoy in-depth and behind the scenes articles and stories. Pictures from nearly every special event in the country. Late Model LIVE.

This website is as close to our ESPN as we will ever get. Yes I do a little work for them and Michael is a great friend as are many of the other staffers BUT if they weren't I would still have a subscription and pay the money. Generally speaking there is new content almost daily. And yes you can read rumors or the occasional press release here and other places but when there is major news to break it is almost always brought to DoD FIRST and there is a reason why. So a little increase to keep it growing is just part of the business.
    Very well-stated. I agree 100% with this assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by klemmabyna View Post
    don't we supposedly live in a free market system?

"In economics, a free market is an idealized system in which the prices for goods and services are determined by the open market and consumers, in which the laws and forces of supply and demand are free from any intervention by a government, price-setting monopoly, or other authority."

I would consider Dirt on Dirt to be an ideal example. Congratulations on what they offer to sell. It's up to us (the consumer), to determine if they are successful. Lots of opinions cast between consumers concerning what others should be consuming.

JMO: not a subscriber, for my own reasons, but I have to say I have great respect for Michael Rigsby, not only for posting a reply here, but also for what he and the Dirt on Dirt team have created. An example that with passion, hard work, and a bit of vision, the American dream does still exist. well done.

I bet 100% of the people who are complaining about the price increase will renew their subscription and the main reason is... wtf else you gonna do? A $10 increase and the CEO comes on here and replies to all you whiners out there and has to remind dish!ts that he’s running a business. Yes you can get updates here or wherever else but there’s nothing like the coverage DoD has. Not only do you watch races a few hours after completion(sometimes minutes after). It is the ESPN of dirt racing. I couldn’t live without it and neither can any of you babies. Quit being 2-year old Hilary voters and grow a pair. So sick of hearing the complaints. You’re gonna pay $10 extra and if you don’t then it’s your loss. You’re gonna let 10 of your previous 89 run your show? I guess we see who wears the pants in your family. You can tell your wife to suck it when she bitches about your extra $10 charge for Late Models news. The thing most of you pu$$ies don’t realize is the last thing your wife wants is a divorce but you still act like a little b!tch when you have to explain to her you have to spend another $10 a year to keep your DoD subscription. Y’all need to grow a pair. Anyone who complained on this thread about $10 is a pansy a$$ mommas boy and doesn’t give 2 rat f%#*s about dirt late model racing.

What a hard a$$!!!! Calling people names because of how they choose to spend their money, real classy. I will continue to pay for my subscription, but if you or anyone else chooses not to, that's up to you.
    My only hope is that the increase in coverage employs people that know how to do interviews. I'm not too up on names, but there was 2 guys this year that they used on occasion who were so horrible (in my opinion) that I had to shut the video off. If I have to do that too often then it'll be just pissing my money away. The main staff at DOD is great at what they do, it's not them that I'm speaking of.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    That and/or the money they spend on cancer sticks.
    Take the smokers and drinkers out of the sport and attendance is half.

I can't believe all the whining over eight dollars and thirty three cents a month! For the Dirt Late Model coverage that they offer I would give them ten bucks a month!

Quote Originally Posted by PITTSBURGH View Post
    I can't believe all the whining over eight dollars and thirty three cents a month! For the Dirt Late Model coverage that they offer I would give them ten bucks a month!
    better up the limit on your debit card cuz a monthly subscription is $11.99!! lol

Default waaac77

“I bet 100% of the people who are complaining about the price increase will renew their subscription and the main reason is... wtf else you gonna do? A $10 increase and the CEO comes on here and replies to all you whiners out there and has to remind dish!ts that he’s running a business. Yes you can get updates here or wherever else but there’s nothing like the coverage DoD has. Not only do you watch races a few hours after completion(sometimes minutes after). It is the ESPN of dirt racing. I couldn’t live without it and neither can any of you babies. Quit being 2-year old Hilary voters and grow a pair. So sick of hearing the complaints. You’re gonna pay $10 extra and if you don’t then it’s your loss. You’re gonna let 10 of your previous 89 run your show? I guess we see who wears the pants in your family. You can tell your wife to suck it when she bitches about your extra $10 charge for Late Models news. The thing most of you pu$$ies don’t realize is the last thing your wife wants is a divorce but you still act like a little b!tch when you have to explain to her you have to spend another $10 a year to keep your DoD subscription. Y’all need to grow a pair. Anyone who complained on this thread about $10 is a pansy a$$ mommas boy and doesn’t give 2 rat f%#*s about dirt late model racing.”

Look at you, big tough guy, acting like the government telling us where we should spend our money. And acting as if you know what’s best for everyone, and their wives and families. You sound very educated.

If we are paying subscribers or were, then you should let the company know if something doesn’t sit well with you. I am a paying subscriber, and DoD is still run by folks who give a sh!t. If it was Comcast, or Spectrum, lol. And I applaud Rigsby for explaining, and am still going to support DoD as I was. But I see people’s point, and I too, won’t stick around if it goes up a lot more soon. But that is not in the works as Rigsby stated.

And heck ya it’s our only quality outlet, and they do a helluva a job.

Yours truly,
    Pansy a$$, mommas boy, pu$$y, little b!tch, Hillary loving dipsh!t.

P.S- Who sounds like the dipsh!t? I may have missed one, but I definitely think I’ll pass on any advice from you.

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    better up the limit on your debit card cuz a monthly subscription is $11.99!! lol
    If you would pay yearly cuz, it would only cost you $8.33 a month. Do the math.

Quote Originally Posted by PITTSBURGH View Post
    If you would pay yearly cuz, it would only cost you $8.33 a month. Do the math.
    I can do math..... lol I was just razzing you cuz you said you'd pay $10/ month.

Yep I was way off. My apologies.
    Last edited by waaac77; 01-06-2018 at 12:33 AM.

Wow some of this has really gone quite mental, huh.
    I simply started this as I’m one who doesn’t NEED TO KNOW the minute a race ends somewhere who won and who wrecked.
    Quite often I forgot I even had a subscription to DOD. It just auto renewed and price increase added and that was that. So, for me it’s not worth it.
    If you want to find out who won or see the action on the track, go to the race and buy a ticket. Spend a little on food and help generate some income so the promoter can pay the purses. Imo, some of this ppv stuff really hurts ticket sales and I can’t see where the provider paying the track to televise a race can ever make up for the loss. Face it, the viewership of ppv keep getting bigger. Also means the attendance will dwindle. I very much doubt the dollar to dollar comparison is equal across the board.
    So gout and attend some races! Don’t just be a keyboard quarterback!

If PPVs were actually hurting ticket sales. Then tracks and companies like DoD would stop having them. That’s simple economics. People have this perception that thousand upon thousand people are watching PPVs. It’s really in the hundreds at the most.