Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Dirt on Dirt

Because some the money from ppv buys go to the promoter. Not every can take off make 8-12 hr+ drive. With your logic they are better off losing money not having ppv buys and people still can’t make it to the event. Genuine thinking right there! Just ask Floyd how much ppv buys hurt him because people didn’t fly cross country/world to see him and Conor fight at the MGM.

To keep or cancel the DOD subscription is a individual choice. I've had mine for quite a while and plan to keep it as long as it's enjoyable. There are some issues with the PPV and vids that irritate me some, so I think I'm not buying PPV. That would be not enough volume for this old guy to hear the program. I'm not sure why they set the sound so low, as everyone can turn it down, but can't turn it up, if it's not available. Last night, I hooked it to the TV and had to turn the volume all the way up to hear. to hear, but I'm really hard of hearing. The other thing is with all these camera angles, how do the miss so much of the action? You would think they could show something other than the leader, when some one is moving up from the back to the tune of passing half the field. That was where the real race was. Why couldn't they record that and play during down time. Instead we see tight shots of the leader or the camera man's favorite drivers. Sometimes the announcers are calling a completely different race, than what we are seeing. It makes you feel like your paying full ticket price, fora less than premium show. I think the cameramen should have areas that they all shoot, then have a director organize what is seen, and have at least some of the cameras hooked to the announcers race. I guess, it's annoying when the announcer says so in so just passed 20 cars and we haven't seen so in so on the screen at all. Then so in so barrel rolls and we didn't see that either, but dod wants full ticket price for it. I'll keep my subscription, because I get more enjoyment from it than frustration. Then maybe some of us, just want too much for our dollar.

I have been a DoD subscriber for a number of years and do enjoy what they bring to the world of DLM racing. While I intend to continue my subscription, they are nearing the edge of pricing themselves out. And for many that have responded to the thread they already have exceeded a palatable price point.

DoD should become more creative with their subscription model and establish subscription tiers that provide options commensurate with content by tier. For example, if you subscribe to Tier 1 you are in at $100.00 per year and receive unlimited content for that fee. Tier 2, Tier 3, Specials only, etc. would represent less content as well as a lower monthly or annual subscription fees.

A Tier 1 subscriber should receive the option to select two PPV events at no charge annually and all other PPV within Tier 1 should be at a discount as a reward for paying annually for the Tier 1 subscription.

As long as im working I think its a good service .... Once I retire I see myself cutting back on all the extra's .... They provide a good service which im happy with ....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

I’ve been a subscriber since they started in 2007, with all the social media out there now, I see a lot of the news before they even post it. I’m seriously thinking of canceling mine as well dues to another increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    Hey man! Your problems with the volume must be on your end because if anything the volume for DoD vids and PPV are a bit louder than on other sites. I'm sure I could help you figure it out if I was at your place. Unless you are a PC guru, I'd ask someone that is to help you with the issue.

I'm not sure how the announcers for DoD call the races, but in order for them to synch up with the cameras they need to be watching them. I remember on a LucasTV race Bob Dillnar was telling James Essex how to call a TV race and told him that is what he needed to do to stay in synch with what people were watching. Maybe that isn't true for DoD, but that is just what I had heard the one time on Lucas.

I have been a monthly member since 20015. I love DOD! But, hardly ever get a discount on all the live PFVs. I have ordered. I think every member should get a discount for any a live PFV. I watched Gateway for free this year on youtube. Then watched the highlights the next day on DOD. They have out priced me. I'm just going to take a break from it for a while. And see if things change. I can't aford the yearly membership all paid at one time right now. I do really enjoy DOD though.

Yearly cost is less than price of me and the wife hitting the nearest track for 1 single race (gas,eats,drinks,tickets...)
    Subscribe if you want, if not stfu about the price...
    Nothing worth having is cheap, and DOD is worth every $ you pay... 4M has some outstanding members and like everything else in life has a handful of poor pitiful me mommy little boys who whine and cry about having to wipe their own a$$...
    Grow up and be somebody, as Dave Ramsey would say, if you want something and can't afford it...get a freaking job or 3...
    Dirt on Dirt is hands down the best platform for any True Dirt Fan but I would agree it's not for Whiney A$$ Wanna Be's...
    Happy New Year!!!

DoD is a good product but they're coming very close to overpricing themselves. We'll stick with them for the nearer future but if they continue to raise their rates we'll have to reconsider.

Thought I had addressed most of this ... but I'll gladly hop on again and take another crack at it.

1) As I mentioned in my original post ... unless something drastically changes on how we include PPV's in subcription (no plan at this time too ... although you may receive one in the near future as part of subscription cost) .... there are NO PLANS ANY TIME SOON to raise prices at all. Again this was all about staff, covering races, expense ... but again ... ZERO PLANS for a long time to touch price after this increase. Book that.

2) The only thing that would make it go up ... was if we said .... "okay the entire UMP Summernationals are included in subscription" or something like that. But again ... we can't really do that....and no plans to do so in the future.

3) Regarding those that want "tiers", etc .... as I explained in the original post. We share PPV revenue with promoters and sanctions ... therefore we can't "mix those models" .... if we included PPV's in the cost of your subscription, there would be no "new revenue" to share after an event. That simply won't work, and can't.

4) Volume issues. Honestly have never heard that one, or gotten that complaint. Give me a call or text and perhaps I an walk you through how to fix it.

5) "Announcer sync" ... I obsessively re-watch our PPV's. The sync between announcers and cameras bats at least 85-90% .... and that's a really good rate. Does it get "off" from time to time yes ... but we are VERY on things. And keep in mind ... while we work very closely with the announcers ... they do every once and awhile grab something that we don't have ... and we simply can't control it ... it's gonna happen.

6) Regarding "shooting the leaders"... my philosophy is pretty simple. This is a race ... to the finish. Very little is more important than the lead. Now if someone is charging through the field ... we WILL grab it, and most of the time do. We often Double-Box as well if you've seen our PPV's. That adds alot. But at the end of the day, as they used to say on PRN ... NOTHING is more important than the lead. Imagine the outrage if we miss a massive pass for the lead ... that'd be worse than ... "you missed the battle for 12th".

7) Finally .... we do our best ... that's about all I can give. Our best. We hope it's enough.

Thanks everyone!

If you have NO PLANS ANY TIME SOON! To give at least 1 dollar off to the DOD members for every PFV. Why even be a member? Its like giving the members a slap in the the face for paying every month for DOD. Its better to be a non member and not pay every month. And just pay for the PFV you want. There is not a whole lot to be gained by being a DOD member for the pay PFVs. I love DOD but, I just dissagree about the PFVs for us that pay every month.

Quote Originally Posted by WildBill32 View Post
    If you have NO PLANS ANY TIME SOON! To give at least 1 dollar off to the DOD members for every PFV. Why even be a member? Its like giving the members a slap in the the face for paying every month for DOD. Its better to be a non member and not pay every month. And just pay for the PFV you want. There is not a whole lot to be gained by being a DOD member for the pay PFVs. I love DOD but, I just dissagree about the PFVs for us that pay every month.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe DoD has to negotiate with each promoter per PPV. The promoters and probably the sanctioning bodies want a cut of the PPV revenue, and rightfully so considering that allowing a PPV could impact the front gate. DoD has to: (A) Pay their crew, (B) Take care of the promoters, and (C) Turn a profit (it IS a business, after all). DoD is NOT charging "X" amount of money just for the sake of charging "X" amount of money. They have bills to pay and the subscription cost probably doesn't cover the costs of the PPVs.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Quote Originally Posted by WildBill32 View Post
    A lot of the PPVs have pretty big discounts already if you buy all at once.

If you buy all 6 nights for Arizona, it’s 80 bucks. Or you can each night for $23 bucks. I’ll let you do the math.

Putting “1 dollar off” every ppv purchase would actually costs some people more money and be a slap in the face to some members based on what they do currently.

Quote Originally Posted by wfofan View Post
    Yearly cost is less than price of me and the wife hitting the nearest track for 1 single race (gas,eats,drinks,tickets...)
    Subscribe if you want, if not stfu about the price...
    Nothing worth having is cheap, and DOD is worth every $ you pay... 4M has some outstanding members and like everything else in life has a handful of poor pitiful me mommy little boys who whine and cry about having to wipe their own a$$...
    Grow up and be somebody, as Dave Ramsey would say, if you want something and can't afford it...get a freaking job or 3...
    Dirt on Dirt is hands down the best platform for any True Dirt Fan but I would agree it's not for Whiney A$$ Wanna Be's...
    Happy New Year!!!
    I’m always amazed by these type of people. As if you and how you spend your money and voice your opinion in an ignorant way are thee only ones that matter.

And you’re whining more than the majority who are complaining, and being completely ignorant about it. If they are a paying consumer of DoD, it is nice for DoD to get feedback. Whether it’s good or bad, if done in a decent, respectable manner, then that is good for DoD. It helps them to improve and attract more consumers.

Majority of us do work, or are retired. And choose to spend their/our money how we see fit. You don’t know peoples financial situations, or what family things they have going on. Many things happen in life that throw wrenches in peoples plans, finances.

I mean if you feel better being an internet tough guy, and talking like a trucker, that’s great. But talking as you are, you’ll get nowhere with anyone on here. But hopefully you feel better.

And yes I’m a paying DoD consumer with a good job. And I’ll keep DoD, because they do a great job and I like the crews of DoD. But to belittle those who voice their opinion and aren’t being sh!tty about it, it’s just ignorant and sure don’t get ya anywhere.

i've never watched anything on DOD but I did watch practice last night very good video Quality great deal I'm retired don't know if I can afford the Extra but I think I might it would be well worth what it costs for sure
    I am what I am

Right on CnB..People love to use the forums because the absence of consequences to fullfill their need to talk $hit cause they cant do it to anybody in real life...

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I can feed a kid in Africa for pennies a day. People don't pay for subscription services very often. We are predisposed to accept ads so that content is free. People cut the cord every day. $90/yr, 8.33/mo, $3000/lifetime, it doesn't matter how you slice it.
    Yeah, but the real question is are there flies hovering around that kids left eyebrow like turkey vultures hovering around road kill? And if so someone might want to contact Sally Struthers

Call it as you see it chupp... There's no reason for anyone to be saying anything about DOD raising the price... What they do isn't cheap and if they can't make a living providing a service it'll go away... But since you're the 4m sheriff, forgive me for stating a few facts... Call it how you see it... If you can't afford the price no reason to get online and put the service down for the cost whether it be respectful of not...

This is America. If you want something... go freaking get it! If you can’t afford a $10 increase in your DoD subscription then what you’re saying is you for sure are lazy and just do things to get by or meet expectations instead of exceeding expectations but it’s all millenials these days and we should all get handouts and be entitled to what we want and god forbid we have to work for it these days i.e. Alexa stupid machine and self driving cars. DoD has to spend money to provide coverage but of course everyone just expects DoD to cover all their specific needs just to accommodate them and what they want. F the fact that Micheal Rigsby has to go out on the road much like a national touring driver and be away from his Family to provide you the best entertainment in DLM racing. Like someone said, cancel your subscription and it all go away. Be careful what you ask for you idiots

Mic drop

Fu ck the pu$$ies!