Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Dirt on Dirt

I'd pay double if they could just have Dustin Jarret and James Essex do ALL of the announcing

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    I'd pay double if they could just have Dustin Jarret and James Essex do ALL of the announcing
    Ugh, I would maybe cancel if I had to listen to Essex every race. OH MY!

I just can take Shelton condescending arrogant " interview " style , you really can't call it an interview , he walks up , he asks a question , answers his own question and THEN basically looks to the interview to head nod and confirm he's right since he knows everything before repeating the process with the next question. The purpose of interviewing someone is to at their point of view and he doesn't , he's too arrogant to ever consider there is a point of view other than his. Because you know he's an " engineer" and of course they know everything about everything .... I know I'm going to get bashed for this but clearly you all know I don't care, watch his interviews and tell me legitimately that I'm wrong

I just can take Shelton condescending arrogant " interview " style , you really can't call it an interview , he walks up , he asks a question , answers his own question and THEN basically looks to the interview to head nod and confirm he's right since he knows everything before repeating the process with the next question. The purpose of interviewing someone is to at their point of view and he doesn't , he's too arrogant to ever consider there is a point of view other than his. Because you know he's an " engineer" and of course they know everything about everything .... I know I'm going to get bashed for this but clearly you all know I don't care, watch his interviews and tell me legitimately that I'm wrong
    Says the man whose own arrogance knows no bounds

Just hope you all realized "the quality of that field" last night. Lol.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Says the man whose own arrogance knows no bounds
    Pun intended, you hit the nail on the head.

This is a joke ...right? I’d pay double to never have to hear either one of them again. They need to lose the “Oh My” schtick. That is my one complaint about DoD. Other than that it is well worth the price, even after the increase. Keep up the good work Rigsby and crew...some of us appreciate it.

About the announcer sync, this isn't about a pass for 12 spot. At times a hard charger like JD, TMac, B Shep or Bobby Pierce will get buried way deep in the A main. The announcer says he is passing one every lap, fastest car on the track and we don't see them till their race is almost over and grab the lead or crash. It isn't all about the lead. We can see the lead in the news the next day. It's about the live race. Now if DOD has 5 cameras, wouldn't it be prudent to assign one of them to follow the race instead of the lead? It could be shown it a box or run at down time, is what I'm saying. I think it would make a better product for DOD and we wouldn't be wondering, what the announcer was talking about. More like being there and seeing for yourself.

As Far as the sound, I realize my hearing is my problem. It's just that on most things, I can turn up the site volume and my mixer volume enough to get by. With DOD, it is not there to turn up, which confuses me. We have the ability to turn it down if too loud. I know DoD can turn it up or down. Is there a reason it's down? I can hear on amplified head set, but then my grandson or friends can't hear then. I get by on most other sites with audio. I really meant this to be constructive criticism or addressing my problem, not a bitch fest.

Just a quick question for everyone, how many websites beside Dirrt on Dirt do you pay a subscription fee to?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    About the announcer sync, this isn't about a pass for 12 spot. At times a hard charger like JD, TMac, B Shep or Bobby Pierce will get buried way deep in the A main. The announcer says he is passing one every lap, fastest car on the track and we don't see them till their race is almost over and grab the lead or crash. It isn't all about the lead. We can see the lead in the news the next day. It's about the live race. Now if DOD has 5 cameras, wouldn't it be prudent to assign one of them to follow the race instead of the lead? It could be shown it a box or run at down time, is what I'm saying. I think it would make a better product for DOD and we wouldn't be wondering, what the announcer was talking about. More like being there and seeing for yourself.As Far as the sound, I realize my hearing is my problem. It's just that on most things, I can turn up the site volume and my mixer volume enough to get by. With DOD, it is not there to turn up, which confuses me. We have the ability to turn it down if too loud. I know DoD can turn it up or down. Is there a reason it's down? I can hear on amplified head set, but then my grandson or friends can't hear then. I get by on most other sites with audio. I really meant this to be constructive criticism or addressing my problem, not a bitch fest.
    That is a lot harder than it looks. You need to have an announcer who will just look at the monitor and nothing else (very rare even for the NFL,MLB guys), or get the announcer audio in the cameraman's ear. I would think for things like the nascar races a director is telling the announcers in their ear where they are going to go to before/as they take it.
    Only in racing does a person knowingly put on a dud show, and then blames everyone else for not appreciating their dud show.

Quote Originally Posted by KAOS View Post
    That is a lot harder than it looks. You need to have an announcer who will just look at the monitor and nothing else (very rare even for the NFL,MLB guys), or get the announcer audio in the cameraman's ear. I would think for things like the nascar races a director is telling the announcers in their ear where they are going to go to before/as they take it.
    Yes, if there was only one camera, it would be impossible. If you needed it in real time, it would be darned hard, but with multiple cameras, you would just need to put a ear bud from the announcer to one camera and some one edits it in at a convenient time. Alakazam, no one wonders what the announcer is talking about.

"Just a quick question for everyone, how many websites beside Dirt on Dirt do you pay a subscription fee to?"

I also pay $50 a year to Sprint Car Unlimited

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    About the announcer sync, this isn't about a pass for 12 spot. At times a hard charger like JD, TMac, B Shep or Bobby Pierce will get buried way deep in the A main. The announcer says he is passing one every lap, fastest car on the track and we don't see them till their race is almost over and grab the lead or crash. It isn't all about the lead. We can see the lead in the news the next day. It's about the live race. Now if DOD has 5 cameras, wouldn't it be prudent to assign one of them to follow the race instead of the lead? It could be shown it a box or run at down time, is what I'm saying. I think it would make a better product for DOD and we wouldn't be wondering, what the announcer was talking about. More like being there and seeing for yourself.

As Far as the sound, I realize my hearing is my problem. It's just that on most things, I can turn up the site volume and my mixer volume enough to get by. With DOD, it is not there to turn up, which confuses me. We have the ability to turn it down if too loud. I know DoD can turn it up or down. Is there a reason it's down? I can hear on amplified head set, but then my grandson or friends can't hear then. I get by on most other sites with audio. I really meant this to be constructive criticism or addressing my problem, not a bitch fest.
    The sound issue has to be something related to how your devices are picking up DOD, because as someone else stated earlier it is just as loud, if not louder, than the sound received from other sites.

Thanks dod for the awesome coverage once again. Need to get Essex to the desert soon👍🏾

Been a member since day 1 at DoD. The price is a steal. As a Chef I can't usually do the PPV so having the full coverage of big events the 9$ a month is a complete steal. I will continue to support DoD and high five all there team while out here in AZ covering the WWS. Cheers to another 10 years

Sounds a lot like you.......no?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyboy View Post
    Just a quick question for everyone, how many websites beside Dirrt on Dirt do you pay a subscription fee to?
    I send bubstr a new set of doily's every other month to stay current with my charm school dues......but other than that, dod is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    Two things I can recommend to Mr. Rigsby... allow a NEW prospective customer to have a 14 day free trial to see what they are missing. My ex-gf offered that to me and I stuck around for two years paying a heck of a lot more than $10.00 per month for a lot less satisfaction than DoD can provide.
    Am I the only one that thought this was hilarious? POST OF THE YEAR!

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Right on CnB..People love to use the forums because the absence of consequences to fullfill their need to talk $hit cause they cant do it to anybody in real life...
    Not true for everybody......plenty of folks that visit 4m can and do back up what they say.

Screen to screen or face to face, makes no difference.....ask around.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtonDirt View Post
    Thought I had addressed most of this ... but I'll gladly hop on again and take another crack at it.

1) As I mentioned in my original post ... unless something drastically changes on how we include PPV's in subcription (no plan at this time too ... although you may receive one in the near future as part of subscription cost) .... there are NO PLANS ANY TIME SOON to raise prices at all. Again this was all about staff, covering races, expense ... but again ... ZERO PLANS for a long time to touch price after this increase. Book that.

2) The only thing that would make it go up ... was if we said .... "okay the entire UMP Summernationals are included in subscription" or something like that. But again ... we can't really do that....and no plans to do so in the future.

3) Regarding those that want "tiers", etc .... as I explained in the original post. We share PPV revenue with promoters and sanctions ... therefore we can't "mix those models" .... if we included PPV's in the cost of your subscription, there would be no "new revenue" to share after an event. That simply won't work, and can't.

4) Volume issues. Honestly have never heard that one, or gotten that complaint. Give me a call or text and perhaps I an walk you through how to fix it.

5) "Announcer sync" ... I obsessively re-watch our PPV's. The sync between announcers and cameras bats at least 85-90% .... and that's a really good rate. Does it get "off" from time to time yes ... but we are VERY on things. And keep in mind ... while we work very closely with the announcers ... they do every once and awhile grab something that we don't have ... and we simply can't control it ... it's gonna happen.

6) Regarding "shooting the leaders"... my philosophy is pretty simple. This is a race ... to the finish. Very little is more important than the lead. Now if someone is charging through the field ... we WILL grab it, and most of the time do. We often Double-Box as well if you've seen our PPV's. That adds alot. But at the end of the day, as they used to say on PRN ... NOTHING is more important than the lead. Imagine the outrage if we miss a massive pass for the lead ... that'd be worse than ... "you missed the battle for 12th".

7) Finally .... we do our best ... that's about all I can give. Our best. We hope it's enough.

Thanks everyone!
    Run what you brung and hope you brought enough.........you guys always do.

No way in h ell you guys don't go to sleep at night not knowing you have brought your best.....signed, another idiot dlm fan